• Breaking News

    Friday, December 4, 2020

    GPU Mining Too late to get into GPU mining?

    GPU Mining Too late to get into GPU mining?


    Too late to get into GPU mining?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 08:35 AM PST

    I'm building a gaming computer, and was intrigued by the fact that miners have apparently majorly affected the supply of the new GPUs. Well, I got one, so I'll definitely give mining a go on that since the cost of the rig is irrelevant / not an investment for mining. However, now I'm deep down a rabbit hole of being intrigued by crypto mining in general.

    Is it risky to invest ~$4k CAD or so to build a crypto mining rig? It seems that if you were to run a 13 card system, you'd be in it for at least this much (if I did 13x RX 580 8GB for instance). Nicehash has me making ~$15/day, which would pay off a $4k rig in just under a year. Though crypto prices are higher than ever, so I'd imagine if prices crashed I'd be SOL and holding bags hoping that the market goes up again. I think I'm underestimating the costs as I'm probably needing more power than I think, and more cooling / a more specialized case / more cables. Anyone able to shed some light on a fellow nerd aspiring to mine a bit of crypto on the side?

    submitted by /u/tallboybrews
    [link] [comments]

    8 pin VGA to dual 6 pin riser connections

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 07:28 PM PST

    I have tried to find this answer, and I haven't seen a clear yes for this. I have an 8 gpu build. 2 power supplies. I am doing yearly maintenance and switching away from Sata. I have 2 extra 8 port VGA connections per power supply. Can I take the 8 port VGA cable that comes with my modular power supplies that have 2 - 6+2 ends on them and power a riser with each one? So one 8 pin VGA powers (2) 6 pin risers. Right now with the rig powered off I have the 8 pin going to just one 6 pin riser, but was curious if it would safely do 2 risers. I have only seen one video where Vokcoin does that, and everyone else seems to use a splitter or molex. Thanks

    submitted by /u/mwest316
    [link] [comments]

    Rx 580 8gb prices?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 04:28 PM PST

    So i recently purchased some rx 580s for ~$200, i was looking to buy more and prices are up to $300 now, why is this, and will it come back down?

    submitted by /u/steak-please
    [link] [comments]

    Gaming on Bios Modded GPUs?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 02:07 PM PST

    Anyone try gaming on a GPU after it's been bios modded? How much of a performance hit do you take?

    submitted by /u/ghostntheshell
    [link] [comments]

    Drop in hashrate since mainnet launch.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 02:09 PM PST

    I've had a 3 x AMD Radeon VII rig going for a few months now, and ever since it's been setup and working, it's maintained an overall hash rate of 280MH/s very consistently.

    As of exactly 1am GMT the morning of 02/12, that hash rate dropped down to 260MH/s, inconsistently maintained that for almost exactly 13 hours, then jumped up to 267MH/s. It's been sitting at that ever since.

    01/12 (PM): https://imgur.com/PD8ZfKL 02/12 (AM): https://imgur.com/v9ERTSY 03/12 (PM): https://imgur.com/tDCUzEu

    Is this anything to do with mainnet? If not, why the drop in hash rate?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/CCFilmFan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment