• Breaking News

    Friday, December 4, 2020

    Bitcoin Daily Discussion, December 04, 2020

    Bitcoin Daily Discussion, December 04, 2020


    Daily Discussion, December 04, 2020

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 11:00 PM PST

    Please utilize this sticky thread for all general Bitcoin discussions! If you see posts on the front page or /r/Bitcoin/new which are better suited for this daily discussion thread, please help out by directing the OP to this thread instead. Thank you!

    If you don't get an answer to your question, you can try phrasing it differently or commenting again tomorrow.

    Join us in the r/Bitcoin Chatroom!

    Please check the previous discussion thread for unanswered questions.

    submitted by /u/rBitcoinMod
    [link] [comments]

    Bitcoin trying to hit that $20K like...

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 09:08 PM PST

    "Nobody is going to ban Bitcoin" - Brian Brooks, US Comptroller of currency

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 05:47 AM PST

    67% of millennials prefer Bitcoin to gold as safe-haven, survey reveals

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 05:54 AM PST

    Pakistan Moves to Legalize Bitcoin as Economy Tumbles

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 02:49 AM PST

    You don’t end terrorism financing by “Banning Bitcoin” you end terrorism financing by “Banning assholes who drop bombs on people thousands of miles away if those people don’t do what the assholes tell them to do.”

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 05:52 AM PST

    Surviving 72 Hours with ONLY Bitcoin as a Total Newbie

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 11:11 AM PST

    Comptroller of The Currency "Bitcoin is Here to Stay... Nobody's Going to Ban Bitcoin" - Dec 4 2020

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 08:23 AM PST

    Venezuela Adopting a Bitcoin Standard as Military Builds a Bitcoin Mining Farm

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 03:10 AM PST

    Bitcoin in 2020...

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 06:59 AM PST

    Pakistan Moves to Legalize Bitcoin as Economy Tumbles

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 05:00 AM PST

    Financial News Giant Real Vision converted 10% of Cash Holdings to Bitcoin

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 02:53 AM PST

    Can the Lightning Network flip the game on currency exchanges? - a demo

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 07:05 AM PST

    Help with Coinbase

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 05:40 AM PST

    I was sent £1.7k of BTC from a friend to my Coinbase last week Friday. The notification came up and I received an email too confirming this. Now a week later, the Bitcoin still hasn't landed in my Coinbase and I'm sure Coinbase and wrongfully holding my money as I've had no issues with sending smaller amount before. I have tried to bring this up to their support team on Reddit but I don't have enough Karma to do so, so may I please have some Karma to raise my issue please. My case number is 03298207.

    submitted by /u/Denz10_
    [link] [comments]

    Gemini leads $200,000 donations to Funds for Bitcoin developers

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 12:30 AM PST

    How to Sponsor Bitcoin Core Developers and Why it Matters

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 04:28 AM PST

    5,000€ deposit missing on my coinbase pro account

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 08:09 AM PST

    I need your help guys.

    Coinbase support is ignoring my requests and removing my posts because I don't have enough karma.

    There's no way I can invest in btc if I can't access my funds.

    Coinbase is disgusting, stay away from it.

    submitted by /u/febivencg3
    [link] [comments]

    OCC Chief Brian Brooks Says "No One is Going to Ban Bitcoin" and 'Good' News Coming

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 06:22 AM PST

    Lightning Adoption

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 10:12 AM PST

    Having used lightning myself, running my own lightning node, seeing it's awesome capabilities and utilities, I am asking myself:

    • Why haven't more exchanges adopted lightning yet, offering direct payouts to a lightning wallet?

    • Why are there only a handful of mature lightning wallets out there, shouldn't lightning be the standard way to transact with Bitcoin soon?

    Wondering what the hurdles are or if it just takes time in general or if the next huge tx spike will boost lightning adoption.

    What do you guys think about lightnings current adoption state and progress in general?

    submitted by /u/Immediate-Host
    [link] [comments]

    THE MAKING OF A HODLER

    Posted: 03 Dec 2020 09:20 PM PST

    While the 2017 Bitcoin bull run that triggered a kind of mild hysteria throughout the world might not have been enough to stir the majority of people to buying some BTC for themselves, the rising trend of public companies adding Bitcoin to their balance sheet maybe will wake you up.

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 06:27 AM PST

    Bitcoin ETF... Makes No Sense To Me. Can Someone Please Explain?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 08:06 AM PST

    Can someone please explain to me the purpose of indexes and investment trusts launching Bitcoin ETFs?

    I understand what ETFs are and I am invested in a few that cover several different sectors. However, I see all this talk of Bitcoin ETFs coming and... what, you're just buying an IOU of Bitcoin??? Why not just buy the actual coin???

    This sounds a lot like Robinhood offering BTC for purchase, but actually you're not buying BTC, you're just buying the rights to hold BTC. This sort of thing would make sense for gold since gold is so hard to transport, but BTC can be sent in minutes.

    Seems to me that Bitcoin ETFs are just a fancy shiny sticker to slap on the coin to entice the dinosaurs on Wall Street. Am I wrong? I would love an explanation because I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around it.

    submitted by /u/ghostfacemonroe
    [link] [comments]

    A big part of US BTC FUD just disappeared - "Bitcoin is Here to Stay... Nobody's Going to Ban Bitcoin"

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 10:43 AM PST

    A big part of US FUD just disappeared - do not fret - US Comptroller of The Currency "Bitcoin is Here to Stay... Nobody's Going to Ban Bitcoin" - Dec 4 2020 https://twitter.com/usfjx/status/1334918655553884161

    submitted by /u/usfjx
    [link] [comments]

    Retiring with Bitcoin tools / safe withdrawal rate similar to 4% rule

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 09:42 AM PST

    Hi,

    Wondering if anyone has any tools, or any kind of methodology similar to the 4% rule but with the majority of investments in BTC rather the stock market?

    Long story short - trying to convince wife to invest more in BTC rather than in index funds, given the potential asymmetric return / BTC mooning over the long term. She is concerned that even if we got to the $1M figure in BTC (assuming living off $40k annually for arguments sake), that it's not going to be earning any compounding interest, like it would if it was all in index funds e.g. SMP500 or what have you. I guess one option would be to put it all into something like BlockFi and earn interest, but that seems insanely risky / full retard mode.

    At the moment I'm investing all my HSA into GBTC, and have a self-directed IRA where I'm maxing out in BTC. I'm also DCA very small amounts on a daily basis . We are also planning on investing in real estate / multi-family units so should have rental income from that long term. My 401k is still in index funds, as tempting as it is to try pull that all into BTC as well, I think my wife would castrate me :D

    Really just curious as to how others are approaching this and looking at retirement / implementing something similar to the 4% rule but with the majority of your portfolio in BTC rather than the stock market :) For reference I'm currently 31.

    submitted by /u/cummins7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment