• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 2, 2020

    Bitcoin Cash A beginner's guide to mining Bitcoin Cash

    Bitcoin Cash A beginner's guide to mining Bitcoin Cash


    A beginner's guide to mining Bitcoin Cash

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 05:59 AM PST

    My Experience with Bitcoin Cash

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 12:12 PM PST

    So, bored with Wall Street, a couple years ago I decided I was going to get into crypto. I only had a very basic knowledge to the extent of barely knowing how to to do a bitcoin transaction, but could do it only with an Electrum Wallet because I am pretty sure it's all that I had ever used. I think the first transaction I did was around 2012 or 2013? I can't remember exactly? Previous I had only purchased Bitcoin through a friend that had all of this set up and we used it for specific purposes, but mostly out of pure interest while we were in college.

    Being older, more financially stable, and I took some earnings and moved it into Bitcoin. At first, I went only bitcoin, but that only lasted a month or two most before I expanded into other crypto-currency. Right off the bat LTC, BCH, and especially XMR and ETH caught my eye.

    So I read some books. They were informative, but nothing I couldn't of learned from sources for free online. The most memorable of which was probably Cryptoassets by Chris Burniske and Jack Tatar. After reading I decided I was going to diversify to LTC, XMR, ETH, and of also BCH. With an emphasis on ETH and XMR, but BCH was a close 3rd in terms of numbers. I also decided I was going to get a cold-storage wallet for consolidation and of course security reasons.

    Most everything went smooth. I was able to do most all of this and it only took a little bit of figuring things out to complete with a couple errors here and there, but only one currency that took a relatively significant amount of time. What I spent most of my time on was BCH. Not because I wanted to, but because for some reason my cold-storage wallet didn't like or the exchange maybe didn't like my address. It claimed it wasn't correct. "Okay?", I thought and triple-checked to make sure I was doing it right. This is how I was introduced to good ol'

    https://cashaddr.bitcoincash.org/

    Needless to say, I was like oh that's dumb, but whatever. BCH was one of the top cryptos, it has to have its merits. Keep in mind this is my first transaction ever with Bitcoin Cash. I was thinking well, at least it will be quick because that's what BCH is known for, right? Quicker, cheaper transactions. Now, okay I'm not sure why this was the case. School me if you want, but it took twice as long as a BTC transaction. Just for it to get into my wallet. I thought it was just a one-off and rolled with it. A couple weeks later I was trying to send some to another wallet. It took, and I'm not joking, 12 hours to get there.

    Okay, Okay, "it's my wallet", "it's the other wallet", "it's not BitcoinCash" I get it. Hell, maybe you're even right. Maybe it is just some problem I have and isn't the case for others. Here's the thing, it doesn't matter. Over the last couple years, BCH without a doubt has given me more issues than any other currency. I've followed the subreddits, seen the circlejerks on each one for each coin and certain, I guess people would call them rivalries? I don't care. It doesn't matter to me.

    I don't spend a lot of time on any one coin's subreddit really with the possible exception of XMR. I love reading about new coins and following them, but the big coins I know most of the subs aren't an ideal place for information. This sub stands out, though. In my experience, it tends to seem to have a rude and arguably spiteful attitude in general.

    So, I just did the last transaction I plan to do with BCH yesterday at around 23:00 and got it on the exchange at around 7:00, not sure why it takes so long, but I really hope these kinks can be worked out by whomever is making it happen. Like I said, maybe BCH is the future and that would be totally cool. It's just at its current form I don't want to use it anymore.

    I really am not just here to shit on your coin or at least that isn't what I am trying to do here. I wouldn't mind some insight to why my experiences have been this way of course, but I don't like this idea of coin-loyalty to the point where we are defending them in debate. I'm sure they all have their merits...well most all do. I really just want to hear if any of you have had complete opposite experiences with BCH or if I am an outlier.

    Sorry for the rant.

    submitted by /u/filmown
    [link] [comments]

    Bitcoin Cash A Journey From $77 to $501 A Complete Long Term Analysis Of BCH

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 06:37 AM PST

    Bitcoin Cash Privacy Guide

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 03:09 AM PST

    U-DID demo, part 2 (fulfilment)

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 11:56 AM PST

    50 mins and only 2 confirmation

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 03:43 AM PST

    Bitcoin Cash was fast they said. Bitcoin Cash is good for shopping they said.

    It has taken 30 mins to get 2 confirmations, and now it is 50 mins from the tx time and still only 2 confirmations.

    Why is this so slow? Right now I wish I used ETH, could have been done within 5 mins.

    submitted by /u/chillfactor0
    [link] [comments]

    U-DID demo, part 1 (simple creation and publication of funding intent on BCH chain)

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 04:30 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment