• Breaking News

    Monday, March 5, 2018

    Cryptography Really Broken Cipher V1.0

    Cryptography Really Broken Cipher V1.0


    Really Broken Cipher V1.0

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 04:41 PM PST

    RBC - GitHub link is a cryptosystem that is designed with a cryptoanalytic flaw in the round design (please ignore the key expansion - I moped it up very quickly because I didn't care). Breaking this is approximately as difficult (maybe a bit harder) as breaking RC5 with rotations equal to the round number (classified as basic according to Bruce Schneier). If you get stuck read this. If this is your first cryptoanalysis it is going to be pretty difficult, but for a moderately experienced cryptographer this will be (I estimate) very easy to break (I would reocmmend a beginner to first break the extremely linear RC5 without rotations followed by reading the paper I linked to).

    I have purposefully left out digrams (the code should be self explanatory) because reading other peoples' (not always tidy) C code is a necessary skill ;)

    Status: No attacks submitted yet :(

    submitted by /u/naclo3samuel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment