• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 15, 2018

    Cryptography IOTA Signatures, Private Keys and Address Reuse

    Cryptography IOTA Signatures, Private Keys and Address Reuse


    IOTA Signatures, Private Keys and Address Reuse

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 02:43 AM PDT

    Need an experienced cryptographer to vet some open-source code

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 07:57 PM PDT

    I've been working on an open-source project called Scatter for a few months now which is a browser extension wallet for providing blockchain transaction signatures securely on the EOS blockchain. My cryptography skills admittedly aren't the greatest due to a lack of formal training and I'd love to have someone who has some vet the code.

    You can check out the GitHub here

    Most of the encryption code happens - here (mnemonic generation) - and here (sha256 hashing)

    The actions that control those methods are located - here (set seed) - and here (create)

    The rest of the encryption pertains to using that seed generated to encrypt the keychain/private keys with AES so I'm assuming that that portion of the code wouldn't be problematic.

    If you want/need any more information about the project or the flow please reach out.

    I'd be more than happy to provide some cash and visible credits on the repository for someone who can prove credentials and vet ( or find holes and suggest fixes ) in the security. However please be kind and reasonable on my pockets. I have a relatively new family I'm still working a normal day job to support and currently this project is a non-funded open-source endeavor that has taken months of my personal time so the well is running a bit dry at the moment.

    submitted by /u/grandmoren
    [link] [comments]

    What are Block Sizes and Key Sizes in Cryptography?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 04:08 AM PDT

    I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask; but I've searched and couldn't find an answer which I understood.

    I have to compare two "encryption elements" for a Distinction in an assignment at college, so I'm doing Blowfish & Twofish.

    submitted by /u/Oryxide
    [link] [comments]

    We welcome you to the first Master's degree programme «Master in Cryptography» in Russia!

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 12:33 PM PDT

    Where Cryptocurrencies get “Crypto” From- ELI5?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 01:26 PM PDT

    I understand to a larger degree than most in the cryptospace how cryptographic hash functions work to help ensure mathematically the scarcity of a digital item. However, I figure most people on here know a lot more about it, and I'm looking to both expand my knowledge and have an easier time conveying that to others. ELI5 (title)?

    submitted by /u/JP4G
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment