• Breaking News

    Monday, January 1, 2018

    Ethereum District Proposal Spotlight —The Bloom Lending District

    Ethereum District Proposal Spotlight —The Bloom Lending District


    District Proposal Spotlight —The Bloom Lending District

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 09:16 AM PST

    Had a 2 week gap between my last job and my new job so I made it a goal to learn iOS development and get an app published on the App Store, thus Coin Trade Alerts was born

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 07:23 PM PST

    I want to make sure you all know from the start this is 100% free to use. There are no advertisements/monetization whatsoever. I built this because it's something that I've been using for a few months and thought that I could strengthen my personal skill set and build out for others to enjoy.

    http://cointradealerts.com/

    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/coin-trade-alerts/id1329306758?ls=1&mt=8

    It's a pretty simple app really. You create a view only API key, plug it into the app, add your phone number, and then you never have to open the app again. It will send you a text message when your orders fill. (It will work for all GDAX products)

    Here's exactly how it works:

    1) Generate view only API key (this allows the app to read your completed orders).

    2) Provide your phone number/carrier (so I can build your contact email i.e 123456790@txt.att.net)

    3) The app will make a request every 60 seconds and record the number of completed orders you have in a database. Every time it checks, it will see if there's a difference in the numbers. If there is, it will build a message with information from that many of your most recent fills (something like buy: X TICKER at $Y total: $Z)

    I originally wrote most of the backend Python of this a few months ago and I've been running it on my Raspberry PI and sending me a text when my limit orders fill. The main reason why I wrote this is because I thought it was something crucial that other services didn't offer, and being a Software Engineer I could do quite easily. A bunch of my coworkers who were also into trading cryptocurrency on GDAX really wanted to use it so initially I was just giving them the code but then I decided that since i've always wanted to have an app under my name on the App Store and learn Swift, this would be the perfect opportunity.

    I have all of the code publicly visible on my Github HERE! The backend API is a flask web server running on an AWS EC2 Instance. The Database is an AWS RDS MySQL database. I've been using Flask for about 2 years and I never really thought that it could be practical for iOS development. It really surprised me how well it worked.


    Although my code is publicly visible and I am only reading your completed orders, there is obviously a trust level required on your end to give me the API key. Nobody here knows who I am and I fully understand that!

    If you provide anything more than VIEW ONLY your API key CAN be used to transfer your money/coins and steal them.

    If anyone does not feel comfortable doing so, you are more than welcome to use the previous version of this code and run it locally on your machine. This means that you are entering your API credentials locally on your own machine.

    I am in the process of building out the website, which will include instructions as to how to do the above, as well as provide the same (and more!) functionality that the app does. The website should come out with the base features in a few days and will allow people who don't have iPhones to utilize this tool!


    I originally posted about this on /r/litecoin and /r/bitcoin yesterday and received such overwhelming support that it was crashing the backend web server of my application. Today I was able to get this sorted out and nobody should experience any problems!


    Additionally, I received a lot of great feedback from you guys, which is why I spent quite a few hours yesterday/today building a brand new website that will offer the exact same functionality as the mobile app, but in your browser! I plan on deploying in the days to come. I will be adding all user requests to the website as well.

    What's currently on my todo list: 1) Security alerts! I had a phenomenal request from /u//swingvitamin to set up alerts when transfers/instant purchases are made on your account to try and combat account theft. I think this was an awesome idea and I will be working to bring this out ASAP!

    submitted by /u/hleggs
    [link] [comments]

    Omg airdrop that many probably didn’t know occurred

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 09:58 AM PST

    So I'm wondering how many out here in the eth community that keep their coins on exchanges like coinbase or Gemini etc know they were entitled to be part of the Omisego air drop of free tokens to eth Holders. I'm guessing that some of you have A lot of eth and possibly didn't know they did that.

    Anyway , I'm curious to know because I feel like they might wind up being worth a lot of money in the near future.

    submitted by /u/ii_OiO_ii
    [link] [comments]

    Hello Ether Family! I want to do my masters thesis on crypto currencies and the future influence of decentralized currencies on banks and governments. I will need some help with tuition so I want a online job that I can earn in cryptos. Anybody have a suggestions? Thank you!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:46 AM PST

    Why is Integer overflow allowed in the EVM?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 12:05 PM PST

    As I've been working on writing a smart contract for the first time, I realized that almost every solidity contract I've seen is covered with "Safe Math" asserts for each function, that guarantee that integer overflow/underflow won't happen. Honestly it seems a little bit absurd to me that programmers have to manually check this themselves.

    In my admittedly limited experience, I can't even think of a single situation where the desired result for subtracting 2 from 1 would equal 4 billion. Especially in the context where contracts are dealing with money and a missing check in just a single place can mean that millions of dollars are lost, it seems crazy that is the accepted way things are.

    Why not have the EVM automatically throw an exception if overflow/underflow occurs?

    submitted by /u/A_Huge_Mistake
    [link] [comments]

    After Kitties and EtherTanks I really hope an online trading card game is in development.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 08:04 PM PST

    The game could have public pack odds and a trading marketplace and tournaments where you wagered eth and bound it in a contract for the winner. Something ala Hearthstone or Gwent.

    submitted by /u/LandauCalrisian
    [link] [comments]

    Safe to transfer eth with light client sync on the Mist wallet?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 09:35 AM PST

    Basically title. Regular sync is taking way too long and I'm afraid light client might have some problem making a transaction since it says it's in beta. Anyone has experience using it?

    submitted by /u/Aiwa4
    [link] [comments]

    General question on secure trading + a question on security of My Ether Wallet

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 03:22 PM PST

    I am new to cryptocurrency with an intent to experiment with a few dollars (literally). I created a wallet with My Ether Wallet. One thing that got me wondering is how the user can be sure that the website does not secretly keep a copy of the JSON, address, and private-key?

    I did a search on web and it seems like the keys are generated through Node.js so I get the impression that it's generated on the client-side but how does the user ensure the confidential information does not get passed back to the service?

    In addition, what's the best practice in securely exchanging this cryptocurrency? It seems like a practice would be to trade with a wallet that trades with outside and then move the coins to another wallet immediately after trade.

    I am sure this is a common consideration. Is there a step-by-step guide I can be linked to? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/adeveloper2
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone ever have ETH randomly show up in their wallet?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 07:00 PM PST

    I was out walking my dog tonight when I got an e-mail from Coinbase stating I had received some Ethereum (around $100 worth as of this writing). It came from a wallet that I have never sent to before (I usually use ETH as a way of funding my crypto-trading wallets on several marketplaces). The wallet is very active (534 transactions so far), sending to many different addresses.

    I just thought this was really strange...ever happen to anyone else? I mean, I'm not complaining here because I know there is virtually no way of anyone ever contacting me about it to ask for it back, so...free $100 as far as I'm concerned.

    submitted by /u/Jeep600Grand
    [link] [comments]

    TenX card? Taxes?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 10:44 AM PST

    So I was looking into getting a TenX card so I can store money I would normally pay for everyday things in ETH. Has anyone that has used it have any opinions on it?

    My second question is that how would taxes work in the U.S for the TenX card? wouldn't having to pay capital gains on every transaction kind of make the card pretty much unusable?

    submitted by /u/omegaconn
    [link] [comments]

    Probably a stupid question?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 03:43 PM PST

    I wasn't sure what sub-reddit to put this on and seeing as this is probably the most relevant I thought someone here would probably be able to help.

    I've had Trezor for a while and I wrote down the seed and private key and all the information I needed during setup on a piece of paper that i've got secured. I never held on to Bitcoin, but did buy Ether, as well as a couple of ERC20 tokens.

    Seeing as the values are increasing, I started to think about what happens if my Trezor breaks or I lose it, rather be proactive now than try to do something about it when it's too late.

    My problem is, that the information I had during the Trezor setup isn't allowing me to retrieve everything in MyEtherWallet, the only way for me to access the tokens are through Trezor. Seeing as I thought I had all the information I needed to retrieve everything and it now turns out I don't, is there any easier way of being able to retrieve everything, without creating a new wallet, moving everything there, wiping the Trezor and starting again?

    Sorry for the noob question, just thought it would be worth asking before I do end up just moving them temporarily before wiping my Trezor.

    submitted by /u/Ashadyfellow
    [link] [comments]

    Etherdelta is always incredibly slow. Is that because the network is clogged or is Etherdelta just crap?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 04:44 AM PST

    My Ether Waller Recovery

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 05:04 AM PST

    Well, I am after getting myself into a bad situation regarding access to My Ether Wallet. The application I use for saving different passwords never recorded the information I had entered for my new address, I am currently talking with the support in relation to this to see what course of action we can take.

    I realise I should have printed the private key, but my printer had no ink that day and I saved the file with the Private Key and address thinking it would still be there, but it seems to have self-destructed the important information and all that is left of the file is the QR code of the address.

    Is there any way to recover this file?

    submitted by /u/Kflisgoold
    [link] [comments]

    Just noticed from ethscan.io did I have $7 worth of loopring, viu, and xenon. How did this get here, and what should I do with them?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 12:04 PM PST

    I mine if it helps

    submitted by /u/Longboarding-Is-Life
    [link] [comments]

    My eth transaction from an exchange has dissappeared?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 11:58 AM PST

    THis is fucking weird. I did an eth withdraww from an exchnage 30 mins ago. Gwei and gas were of course high enough, and at first the transaction showed up properly. then etherscan was only finding it on secondary nodes and now it has completely disppeared. I never experienced something like that before, what is going on?

    submitted by /u/BlueSparkle
    [link] [comments]

    How are you guys purchasing/keeping coins?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 03:37 PM PST

    Coinbase seems to be the most popular but how secure is it to keep all your coins there?

    submitted by /u/swolepursedog
    [link] [comments]

    Should I keep my Ethereum on GDAX/Coinbase during the fork? Does Coinbase have a mechanism set up to credit the forked coin?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 06:55 PM PST

    Just wondering. I know they did this with Bcash.

    submitted by /u/HODLandBrash
    [link] [comments]

    Casper Fork

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 06:45 PM PST

    After reading Eths creators tweet I feel that if after the fork a new coin is made it should be called Eth Shard.

    submitted by /u/zubb08
    [link] [comments]

    We launched a NSFW collectibles game (similar to CK)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 06:33 PM PST

    Newly launched - here's the link: https://crypto-pussies.com/

    Feel free to ask us questions or comment. Here's a link to the contract to verify: https://etherscan.io/address/0xef2742e5af727bd7d615d9e3d0e4f6efb1176447#code

    submitted by /u/Sunrunner37
    [link] [comments]

    Ethereum Alpha Casper FFG Testnet

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:19 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment