• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 25, 2017

    GPU Mining [On Sale] EVGA PSU Sale

    GPU Mining [On Sale] EVGA PSU Sale


    [On Sale] EVGA PSU Sale

    Posted: 24 Nov 2017 10:11 PM PST

    In case you haven't heard, EVGA is having a great sale on their PSU's. For instance get the 750W G2 for $70 or the 750W P2 for $100. Plenty of other great deals in the mix. The G2/P2 series of power supplies are highly regarded. Good stuff.

    Link: https://www.evga.com/BF2017/

    submitted by /u/Zn2Plus
    [link] [comments]

    6 x1070 Black Friday set up

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 05:56 AM PST

    Good afternoon, Been a big lurker of this sub for some months now. This is my second 1070 build, this time I thought I'd post a few pics for you all.

    6 x 1070gtx Asus dual (4 more arriving later had to order on batches of 2) h110 pro btc+ board

    Rest of the equipment is pretty standard. Went with 8gb ram.

    Cost to our UK friends was £2450.

    just setting drivers up then will get nicehash set up and see what it can do!

    1070 https://imgur.com/a/sWEkR

    submitted by /u/Waynetrain88
    [link] [comments]

    Where have you had success buying multiple gpus?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 04:19 AM PST

    Amazon and Best buy both limit the # of cards you're able to purchase. I have alternate prime accounts and family members with prime I use to funnel in cards, but wondering if theres a better solution.

    submitted by /u/confused_warships
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone setup their own monitoring of hashrates for multiple pools?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 07:29 AM PST

    I would like to monitor all my hashrates in one place. As I now have miners split between Nicehash, flypool, dwarfpool, and would also like to start BTG mining. Rather than trying to rely on a single app to support all the pools I'm mining to I'd rather like to find a way to set them all up myself. I'm currently fumbling through trying to import the JSON url's to Google Sheets but that's not working out so hot. What do you guys use?

    submitted by /u/zhill29
    [link] [comments]

    Mining vs investing in coins directly... what am I missing?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2017 10:35 PM PST

    If I have $1000 to invest in a gpu mining rig, than let's say I break even in 6-7 months and after that I make profits.

    If I invest in BTC, ETH, or LTC right now, with the current average growth of ~10% for each coin every week, I start making a profit as soon as a few days or weeks.

    So, why is everyone still buying gpus to mine when it seems more profitable to just invest directly?

    What am I not seeing/understanding?

    submitted by /u/LirajPlays
    [link] [comments]

    AMD 12 GPU driver experiences?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 07:00 AM PST

    Anyone have experience with the latest AMD 12 GPU drivers? They say that it might degrade performance compared to the blockchain drivers. I'm about to install a Biostar 12 pcie slot mobo and I'm trying to plan the attack!

    http://cryptomining-blog.com/9225-the-latest-amd-radeon-drivers-17-10-2-bring-up-to-12-gpu-support-under-windows-10/

    submitted by /u/NoFeelsForYou
    [link] [comments]

    Need help troubleshooting one of my GPUs

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 06:53 AM PST

    Okay so I built a mining rig a week and a half ago. 8x 1070ti's. I use nicehash. Randomly one of my GPUs wil shut down..fans not running, not mining, but still getting power. The first time I noticed this, I restarted the pc and it worked fine, so I let it run. A few hours later the same GPU stopped mining again, so again I turned off the PC. This time, I swapped out the riser as I assumed that was the issue. Again, after multiple hours of working fine, the same GPU stops mining again. So I swapped out the riser again with a new one. This time it ran for over a day with no issue, then randomly stops mining again. Every time I restart the pc,, it will work fine for anywhere from 2 hours to 24 hours or more, but eventually it will stop mining. I swapped it with one of the other GPUs about 15 mins ago, and as expected, it's running fine right now. I'm not sure what the issue is, this is my first time ever building a pc and not sure how else to try and diagnose the problem. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated and I will gladly answer any questions you may have about my setup.

    submitted by /u/MilkFootball
    [link] [comments]

    1070 ti with nvOC 19

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 06:35 AM PST

    I'm fairly new regarding gpu mining, I was always into technology and got lucky with a forgotten account of bitcoin so I decided to build a rig with the profit.

    I've started with 3 Nvidia 1070 ti (aero) and plan to add 3 more when I finish optimizing my rig. I already know that the aero cards are not the best for mining but I gotten a good deal on them.

    As OS I'm using nvOC 19. For those of you using nvOC these are the settings I've inserted Temp: 70oC Power: 115watts/card Fan:80% Core:105 Memory: 1400

    I'm getting around 480 sols per card mining ZEC (4.20sol/w), is this good enough or should I be aiming for better results?

    submitted by /u/ruepa
    [link] [comments]

    Taking the leap. Nicehash to Suprnova. Fees and general questions.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 06:22 AM PST

    So I am looking into, what seems to be a big leap to me, changing from Nicehash to mining on Suprnova.

    I have some questions regarding the fees involved with doing this though.

    Mining to a Nicehash wallet gets their fee down to:

    2.2% (When using Nicehash wallet and withdrawing more than 0.15 BTC)

    I have heard the fees for mining on Suprnova can take this down to 1,2% or there abouts.

    So I started looking into this and found the Suprnova pool fee is 1% and I am assuming there is something else that is the 0.2% to take it up to 1.2%.

    This seems decent as this would mean I pay about 1% less than using Nicehash...

    BUT then I read that the EWBF miner takes 2% as well...

    My question thus is, is it really cheaper mining on Suprnova vs Nicehash or am I missing something?

    Any help or insights appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/goofb4ll
    [link] [comments]

    RX 580s for $249. Pretty good deal.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2017 05:29 PM PST

    Zcash ZEC mining 2 GPUs - 1. mining when I'm not using my pc 2. always mining and overlock.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 03:55 AM PST

    1. GPU = GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    2. GPU = Palit GeForce GTX 1080 Super Jetstream

    I bought a 2. GPU and want to mine ZEC with it 24/7. Now I also want to turn on mining for my 1. GPU when I'm not using my PC.

    How do I best go about this? Which miner should I use? Should I have 2 configs and switch between them? Etc.

    Also, I want to overlock and undervolt my 2. GPU, as long as it stays stable. Is that possible without interfering with my 1. GPU? Any guide I could follow?

    submitted by /u/DrKokZ
    [link] [comments]

    Another one regarding risers' connection

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 03:34 AM PST

    I have bought 6 Asus Dual OC GTC 1070. My risers are the 006c ones.

    My PSU has 6 VGA 8pin outputs. I saw that my card in the OC mode has a power consumption of 166W.

    I am between the following choices:

    1) powering each GPU and its riser from the same PSU output via a splitter, but given that the VGA outputs are supposedly 150W, will I have a problem or are the risers also getting some power from the USB 3.0 cable?

    2) powering each GPU on its own from the VGA outputs of the PSU and powering the 6 risers using dual 6-pin cables from the PSU's 6-pin outputs (identified as SATA). There are three outputs like this and I was thinking of powering 2 risers from each output.

    3) something else I haven't thought?

    Thank you for your answers! :)

    submitted by /u/_Raziel666
    [link] [comments]

    Using MSI Kombustor to aid in overclocking mining GPUs?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 12:50 AM PST

    I notice that MSI Kombustor exists but I can't find anything about people who mine using it. It it just not a reliable tool for establishing overclocks on individual cards for mining?

    Is the best way still running your mining software and using MSI afterburner one card at a time to overclock and underpowered your card until your satisfied with the results and have no crashes or artifacts on your screen?

    If the information exists could somebody point me in the right direction?

    Im surprised somebody hasn't written software that would automatically overclock and under power a card for mining yet. :-)

    submitted by /u/Casual_Adubs
    [link] [comments]

    I have 100% GPU usage after closing Nicehash app. What's wrong?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2017 09:53 PM PST

    Is it a ****ing hidden miner-malware?

    submitted by /u/snoweee
    [link] [comments]

    I built a rig! Before I get it all, are these risers the correct thing I need to hook up the 1070ti's? Thank you!

    Posted: 24 Nov 2017 09:28 PM PST

    Note, I have a logitech bluetooth mouse (with usb dongle) and a apple magic keyboard 2.0 (with the cord to plug into usb) so figured I'll just grab and use them when I need to actually access anything on this.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

    Type Item Price
    CPU Intel - Celeron G3930 2.9GHz Dual-Core Processor $35.59 @ OutletPC
    Motherboard Asus - PRIME Z270-P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $99.99 @ Amazon
    Memory Crucial - Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory -
    Storage SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $74.99 @ Amazon
    Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB DUKE Video Card $2814.00
    Power Supply Corsair - HX Platinum 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $229.99 @ Best Buy
    Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link - TL-WN822N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter $14.99 @ Amazon
    Monitor HP - 22cwa 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor $89.99 @ Amazon
    Other uxcell 67" Desktop Computer Case Power Supply Reset HDD Button Switch $9.07 @ Amazon
    Other 6-Pack VICTONY PCI-E 16x to 1x GPU Riser Adapter 60cm USB 3.0 Riser Cable Flex Flexible Extension Cable & MOLEX to SATA Power Cable,Powered Riser Adapter Card $79.99 @ Amazon
    Other 69.92
    Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
    Total $3448.60
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-11-25 00:25 EST-0500

    Note, the reason the gpu is expensive is because I didn't know how to add six of them so I just manually overrode the price

    submitted by /u/drinkmoreoil
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me with beginner mining?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2017 08:00 PM PST

    I just built a rig with a GTX 1080 as a gaming PC but looking to also build a mining rig but not sure which parts I need.

    Can someone recommend me a build that's under $1500 total for all parts?

    submitted by /u/godsgraceinall
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an API to retrieve the Difficulty of various coins?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2017 10:57 AM PST

    Teal dots appearing all over screen when mining

    Posted: 24 Nov 2017 01:32 PM PST

    Just installed two new cards

    After running claymore about one minute in the screen starts showing a bunch of randomly placed teal/turquoise squares/rectangles. They change position every few seconds. I tried dialing down the memory clocks but it still happens. Is this a known issue?

    2x RX580 4x 1070ti Z270a Pro w/ new bios EVGA 1000w Gold Win10 mintcell PCie powered risers claymore put a temperature cap in afterburner which brings power down about 20 memory is 2000 on the AMD and +400 on the 1070's

    submitted by /u/confused_warships
    [link] [comments]

    Re-used old hardware or buy new question?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2017 12:36 PM PST

    Context: My goal is to build a 4 to 6 GPU mining rig to mining coins like zcash or monero

    Current HW: i7-2600k, Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4, 8GB memory, Radeon 7770

    The motherboard supports 3 x PCIe x1 v2.0 1 x PCIe x8 v2.0 1 x PCIe x16 v2.0

    Does this mean I can run 5 cards max?

    I have already purchased a new SSD, DDR4, and 1000W PS. I had originally thought about buying a new motherboard and Celeron cpu. However, my other option is to build a new PC and then just purchase GPUs for the old PC.

    I would welcome any advice or feedback... thanks.

    submitted by /u/magoomba92
    [link] [comments]

    Build a 1070ti mining rig now or wait for the volta release?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2017 05:43 PM PST

    I have been thinking about building a 6 card 1070 ti rig. Would it be better to wait for Nvidia to supposedly releasing volta cards early 2018?

    submitted by /u/elutzen
    [link] [comments]

    RX 580 and Vega in Same Rig?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2017 03:51 PM PST

    Was wondering about putting a 580 and a Vega in the same rig, I have read in a couple places that they do not work well together. Wondering if I could get a second opinion.

    submitted by /u/Caterdgraph82
    [link] [comments]

    Starting up my 1060 tomorrow. Thanks everyone!

    Posted: 24 Nov 2017 03:42 PM PST

    It's been fun running CPU miners on a bunch of broken laptops that I have. I've managed to eek out 1MH/s with groestl! Grabbed an Asus 1060 3GB for 190 and it arrives tomorrow. I've got everything set up for equihash. Hopefully I'll be adding more GPUs soon.

    Thanks for the informative sub! Really streamlined the process of building up a rig.

    submitted by /u/kapponen
    [link] [comments]

    Danger of running rig at 25% of PSU strength?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2017 03:06 PM PST

    I am planning on building and got one GTX 1070 on the way. With that, I ordered a 1000w platinum rated PSU so that I would not have to buy another PSU when I add cards so for now I will be running at 25% of the 1000w capacity for a few months till I add a card. Is this dangerous to run it this low? I am very worried about the rig catching fire so am trying to do everything to avoid that scenario. What do y'all think of running at 25% capacity?

    submitted by /u/eggsrgoood
    [link] [comments]

    Mining Rig with Two PSU Unstable, One is Stable

    Posted: 24 Nov 2017 11:15 AM PST

    After weeks of diagnosing constant crashes, I finally stabilized my mining rig by using one PSU instead of two PSUs. First the specs, then a question:
    Here are the specs:
    Mobo: MSI Z270 SLI PLUS
    Ram: 16gb
    Cpu: 7700k
    PSU: (2x) EVGA GQ 1000w + Add2PSU
    GPUs: (6x) EVGA GTX 1080
    Risers: Mintcell 6-pin
    Drivers: Nvidia whql 388.13 (latest)
    OS: Windows 10 (fall creators update)
    Overclock: None
    Setup: Equal with 3 GPU + 3 Risers on each PSU

    Now the rig is stable with 1x 1000w EVGA GQ PSU, but I cannot find stability with the second PSU. Using the second PSU, there were constant power fluctuations leading to system crash. My symptom was one GPU power would change +- 20% before crashing. What are your thoughts on why the second PSU was causing instability? Ground loops seem likely to me, however many people use dual psu with Add2PSU with no problems. Any ideas would help.

    submitted by /u/seriestoo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment