• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 22, 2021

    GPU Mining Every "My Humble Rig" Post

    GPU Mining Every "My Humble Rig" Post


    Every "My Humble Rig" Post

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 04:14 PM PDT

    My First Dedicated GPU rig hit the elusive 1 gigahash.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 09:58 PM PDT

    My First Dedicated GPU rig hit the elusive 1 gigahash.

    Hi all,

    Im pretty new to the party, I realised that I wasn't a real miner unless I posted a pic of my rig up. Im pretty happy with it. 1.06 gigahash from 6 x 3090's + 10 x Rx580s. Dual mining Versus with CPUs (3600X + i7-4790) and ETH with GPUS. Plan is to upgrade the z97 board to an am4 and run another Ryzen in its place as the i7 and z97 is pretty old and tired. I also have another chassis on the way to get another 8 x 580s/570s on the job. Current ROI at 25 percent and projected payoff is another 26 weeks. Pretty stoked! Happy Mining to all!

    The Gigahorse

    submitted by /u/morpheusdraco
    [link] [comments]

    Too many negative Nancy's, I say.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:30 AM PDT

    There were TOO many users here on Reddit and Discord, starting ~4 months ago, that have been hellbent on telling everyone and their sister "do not get into mining you will never pay your cards back".

    "Don't do it". "Don't do it you idiot, X is going to happen then Y is going to happen mining isn't profitable you'll never get your investment back". "Not even worth it at MSRP right now".

    I started in February despite these negative Nancy's, since whatever calculations I performed seemed to be well worth the risk - even with EIP1559 on the immediate horizon and ETH2.0 eventual. I hadn't mined since like 2012 LTC and had the itch for years but just never got around to pulling the trigger.

    Well, even my best-case math was under what the reality ended up being.

    71 days

    SEVENTY-ONE DAYS

    I'm at over HALF my break even point already. I am over that over half, by $500 more, if we count the 1x 3060ti I resold/scalped.

    Really, I just wanted to say fuck you to all the users that tried to discourage myself and others from getting into the mining scene. I'm a little convinced, at this point, that it was a selfish move to keep other miners out of the space to keep more profits for yourselves.

    In addition to my own rig, I've also been helping 8 people, both within my social circles in person and random requests online, set up and configure their own rigs. All of which are well on their way. Together, we've added over 1.5GH/s to the network.

    submitted by /u/CynosureEPR
    [link] [comments]

    My first mining rig, 170MH/s

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 09:08 PM PDT

    Reduce power limit to increase the number of gpu

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:29 AM PDT

    I know this may sound crazy. Let say I have a gtx 1660 super that is rated to draw 125 W maximum. I have set the power limit of this graphic card at 65% and currently it is hovering at 81W. Can I use the remaining power for anything else? Perhaps an extra GPU?

    Does GPU pulls from both the risers and pcie cables at the same rate or it knows which one provides more power?

    submitted by /u/MrNoTV
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else find themselves just watching their console? Mesmerized?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:44 AM PDT

    I recently began mining and I can just watch the console work. I only am mining when off of my gaming rig (a single 2060 Super) so it's not super fast. Any good clips of someone's beefy rig console would be greatly appreciated for my, and hopefully others, viewing pleasure.

    ... I can't be alone in this, right?

    Edit: grammar

    submitted by /u/MacCracken
    [link] [comments]

    GA-X79-UD3 mobo arrived for x4 RTX 3060.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:04 AM PDT

    H81 Pro BTC R2.0 MBO - Max number of GPUs?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:09 AM PDT

    I managed to run 7. Is it possible to add more? MBO have 1 PCIe 2.0 x16, 5 PCIe 2.0 x1.
    CPU is G182 max # of PCI Express Lanes=16.

    submitted by /u/batinax
    [link] [comments]

    Who wants to buy a box? ���� People on eBay are stupid trying to sell empty boxes ����

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 02:51 PM PDT

    1060 and 3080 BSOD

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:17 AM PDT

    Hello I got 3080 at msrp a month ago, and after mining with it and not being able to use my pc I decided to put my 1060 in the pc too. I'm kind of a noob considering pc parts. So recently I'v been using my 1060 for regular computer use and the 3080 for mining.

    And it has been two weeks now I think, but there is not a day without a BSOD, and the error message is always different Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area Irql_not_less_or_equal Kernel_security_check_failure Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal It can happen at anytime, while im working on words, or at night when the pc is only mining

    I7 7700k H270 8gb ddr4 2400mhz 3080 FE 1060 gigabyte 3gb Corsair 750w

    The 3080 is undervolted and I'm far from even 600watts on full charge so the problem is not from the psu being too weak.

    I've reset my pc, like when it's brand new and all your data is wiped (idk the correct word, english is not my first language sorry)

    I'm still experiencing BSOD and idk what to do to make it stop If you have any clue or advice I'll gladly take it Thanks

    submitted by /u/Zoo-Xes
    [link] [comments]

    Shower thought for defeating Nvidia's nerf

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 01:55 AM PDT

    OK clever Dev types: I have an idea. Would it be possible to write a miner using, or cleverly hidden in game engine code like Unreal/Unity etc...? Could such a miner defeat Nvidia's mining nerf because it appears to be a game?

    submitted by /u/FXOjafar
    [link] [comments]

    Wanted to show off my new build - 7 RX Vega 64s / 362 MH/s

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 12:39 PM PDT

    Nvidia Overclock Settings for Ethereum Mining

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 10:27 AM PDT

    Nvidia Overclock Settings for Ethereum Mining

    We have updated the post How To Overclock Nvidia and AMD Graphics Cards on Different Algorithms

    Nvidia Overclocking Settings

    ⬆️ The new more detailed Nvidia Overclocking Settings table has been released ⬆️

    submitted by /u/2miners
    [link] [comments]

    Funny seeing people calling fancy new cards budget builds... LMAO

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 10:59 AM PDT

    Help with 8x 3060 (non Ti) rig

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 08:08 PM PDT

    I know that eth mining will get destroyed soon - I still want to get this working.

    • 8x MSI 3060 Ventus 2x GPUs
    • 8x HDMI dummy adapters
    • Nvidia GeForce 470.05 driver and HDMI dummy adapters to remove the eth limiter
    • Motherboard, Intel CPU G1840 , CPU Cooler, 4G RAM
    • PSU 1600W: Input: 100-140VAC 14A Max or 200-240VAC 10A Max, Output: 12V-100A Max or 12V-133A Max

    Even with 1 card plugged in CPU-z shows the link width is only 1x. From what I read, these cards need 8x even with the dummy hdmi plugs and the 470.05 beta driver.

    BIOS shows: BTC B85 0.02 x64

    I am lost on what else to try. I cannot find anything in the BIOS which relates to PCIe width, or speed.

    submitted by /u/NicholasBoccio
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone's MSI Afterburner profile reset to default after DAG Generator Generates Cache? Photo evidence included - you can see power consumption jump when profile automatically resets to default. I'm mining way underclocked.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:56 PM PDT

    What is the main failure mechanism for GPUs?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:53 PM PDT

    My friend and I have been going back and forth about safety/degredation of the GPU while mining. I've tried to do a bit of research, but I haven't seen a very detailed explanation by anyone... just some people saying it's perfectly fine and others saying no it's not. So I will ask in a different way, a more engineering inspired way, what is the failure mechanism that you might be worried about?

    My friend suggested a capacitor blows because of electricity constantly going through things. The little info I found suggested capacitors blowing is not a thing with modern tech.

    The one thing I can think of is the fans go from constant use and it overheats. But does the card have no way of protecting itself then? For example in afterburner on my pc there is a max temp. What happens when it hits that? Will it shut down? Will stuff like nicehash (I'm new don't beat me up for nicehash pls lol) keep trying to run it when the fans die and overheat it?

    Is there any other likely failure besides these two things? I'm a mechanical engineer not an electrical so I don't really understand how electronics fail... but there must be something. "Electronics just fail over time" is not a valid answer to me... there is always a reason for failure.

    Thanks for any ideas or knowledge you all have!

    submitted by /u/politics-are-anus
    [link] [comments]

    MSI 3070 for $1200, I'm kind of on the edge if I should cancel the order or not, $1200 seems like a lot...

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 09:16 AM PDT

    Question about unlocking full MHS in x8 3060 rig

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 06:37 PM PDT

    Hi, my friends and I have the oportunity to get 6 Palit RTX 3060 and start mining ethereum.

    I read that to get the 3060 full hashrate of 50 Mhs you need to unlocked with a special nvidia driver and a dummy HDMI plug. Some guy was able to unlocked all the full gpus, but I want to know if someone else could do it. I am very handy with PCs, but new in to mining, so I dont want to jump into a very tricky situation.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/gastonpereira411
    [link] [comments]

    What stopping a miner from filling up a board with 4in1 GPU mining adapters?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 06:07 PM PDT

    Say I use this board:

    ASRock B450 PRO4

    It has 6 PCIE slots. What's stopping me from plugging in (6) 4in1 adapters such as this:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0796R9VWT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    and plugging in 24 GPUs into one system? Please be as detailed as possible in your answer. I am new and here to learn. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/ZadesLegacy
    [link] [comments]

    First official rig 375/mhs 1100w @ Wall

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    Peltier Module on GPU Backplate for VRAM Cooling

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried using a peltier module instead of, or in conjunction with, a heat sink on the GPU backplate to try and further reduce VRAM temperatures.

    One issue I can see is it not being economically viable, (modules using more power than what extra hash rate earns).

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/StonksHere
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment