• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 9, 2021

    Ethereum This sub has become a cesspool of coindweebs

    Ethereum This sub has become a cesspool of coindweebs


    This sub has become a cesspool of coindweebs

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 06:37 AM PST

    At this point this is probably a lost cause but please, for god's sake, take your moon memes and Jordan Belfort cosplay to a different sub.

    No one is begrudging your desire to make money but this isn't the sub for discussing it. There are millions of places both on Reddit and elsewhere to do that.

    The rules in the sidebar are clear, this is a technology sub, not a trading sub.

    Are mods going to enforce sub rules? If not, I'd like to know where people are having frank and intellectual discussions about the tech, because it certainly isn't here.

    submitted by /u/noman_land
    [link] [comments]

    3 million ETH deposited into Eth2 POS deposit contract!!

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 05:59 PM PST

    A Tesla Ethereum smart contract could provide the masses with decentralized vehicle financing, including loans, leases, partial ownership and revenue sharing from taxi operations.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 09:05 AM PST

    Ethereum 1559 community call

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 06:13 AM PST

    Ethereum Cat Herders are inviting the community especially #miners to address concerns with the EIP-1559. If you've questions, join the call on Feb 26 at 1400 UTC. Details in the announcement blog.

    If you can not join the live stream, you can also leave your questions here and we will share it with the panelists.

    https://medium.com/ethereum-cat-herders/ethereum-1559-community-call-d43d5f0bf909

    submitted by /u/poojaranjan19
    [link] [comments]

    Let's play a game of chess in Ethereum

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 06:42 AM PST

    Hi, I created a contract for playing chess in Ethereum. Each move is stored to the blockchain and only valid moves should be possible. It's in Ropsten Network, so gas costs should not be an issue.

    So let's play a game :) more info about how to start a game: https://eth-chess.netlify.app/

    EDIT: I still haven't received any matches so feel free to start a game!

    It might be the first documented chess game played on ethereum :)

    submitted by /u/voileipa
    [link] [comments]

    More gas control - now live in Argent

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:31 AM PST

    When are these gas prices gonna drop?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 05:05 PM PST

    Been wanting to send my alt coins to a different wallet but I'm not about to pay 50% of the transaction value on a miner fee.

    submitted by /u/coltonmattox
    [link] [comments]

    We welcome your awful memes over at r/Ethtrader

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 11:43 AM PST

    r/ethtrader

    upvote for exposure you nerds. Come make the mods cry

    submitted by /u/AnderBRO2
    [link] [comments]

    ETH2.0, CME Futures and Supply leaving exchanges is leading to the perfect storm for Ethereum

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 06:44 PM PST

    I believe in the future of eth, i thinks its going to be as big or bigger than btc eventually. I want to start accepting eth as payment for my business. I curently run a succesful store on wix uskng square merchant services. Can someone walk me through how to begin this process?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 05:37 AM PST

    I am interested in the specifics like how to go about accepting eth as payment for goods on my site. How would i set it up? What would be the method to make it painless and safe for all parties. I am in the US. Thanks for any help i really do appreciate the information.

    submitted by /u/transexthundercock
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a resource for a non-technical person to efficiently learn some of the technical aspects of Ethereum?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 06:10 PM PST

    I'm spending a ton of time on ethereum.org but many of the concepts are over my head and require time on Wikipedia or google. Wondering if there is a kind of all-in-one resource for the technical aspects of ethereum.

    Open to online courses, YouTube, books, whatever. Also interested in learning to make dapps at some point!

    Edit: it's worth mentioning I have a strong background in finance and economics. ETH and crypto are multi-disciplinary, so I'm trying to fill in the gaps.

    submitted by /u/Redivivusllama
    [link] [comments]

    Dev Mining fee share accepted in half the time of my own share?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 07:48 PM PST

    I noticed an interesting trend where the dev mining fee's share is accepted in 40 ms where as my share is accepted at 100 ms.

    Is this normal? The only difference I can see is the dev fee uses another pool. Does this mean that if I move to this other pool, I would get that lower ms?

    Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Dividendcompounding
    [link] [comments]

    Some very beginner questions I can't find a straight answer to in the links in the sidebar

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 02:16 PM PST

    Some years ago I just checked out what this eth thing was about and bought about 200$ and created a cron job on my day to day computer to run at night to a wallet at myetherwallet.com, because why not? The electricity is included in my monthly rent bill. Then never really thought about it.

    Now I had a look, and it looks like I suddenly have about 3.500$, not a fortune, but enough to make me think it's a waste if I get run over by a truck tomorrow or whatever.

    So, if myetherwallet.com disappears overnight, is the eth still available to me, and what do I need to pass on to my kids to know they can have access to this permanently?

    submitted by /u/Shelleen
    [link] [comments]

    Making thousands selling NFTs - a breakdown of what to look for in a NFT

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 07:35 PM PST

    Announcing Colony v2 Launch on Ethereum mainnet and xDai chain

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 07:59 AM PST

    zksync have successfully completed an upgrade to the recursion-enabled version, bringing its mainnet capacity to over 2000 TPS. Transfers are now at 1/100th of the L1 costs.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 09:31 AM PST

    Recovering and sending ETH from old mining effort.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 01:57 PM PST

    hello there!

    i started in july 2017 to gpu mine for a month. i found the old disk with the old chaindata parts on it, around 134 gig. i have a nodekey and the keystore with presumably the account in it.

    my mining took place after reading a tutorial ( http://tinyurl.com/1moj1b4f ) on heise.de and installing geth as well as ethminer genoil. i just installed geth and started it, but i think it just syncs and loads a lot of stuff and i can't seem to get to prompt to.. log in?

    would anyone kindly be able to tell me the steps i need to take to transfer the mined eth into, well, the internet? :)

    submitted by /u/head0r
    [link] [comments]

    This may sound like a stupid question but I’m new to this, will my Eth I’m holding on Binance transfer to eth 2.0 when it comes out?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 03:07 AM PST

    The L2/Scaling Solution We Have Been Waiting For Just Arrived... Polygon

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 10:51 AM PST

    "Polygon is a powerful, easy-to-use framework that extends the scope of the Matic platform and transforms it into a swiss-army-knife for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development.

    In addition to the currently implemented Matic PoS Chain and Plasma Chains, Polygon will offer:

    - Other major scaling solutions such as zkRollups, Optimistic Rollups, Validium etc.

    - Inter-chain communication protocols

    - Bleeding-edge data availability solutions

    - And more..

    With Polygon, Ethereum becomes a full-fledged multi-chain system (aka Internet of Blockchains); akin to Polkadot, Cosmos, Avalanche etc, but with some major upsides:

    - Ability to inherit Ethereum's network effect

    - Inherently higher security

    - Openness and higher flexibility"

    https://twitter.com/maticnetwork/status/1359206750239551492

    submitted by /u/crypto_bub
    [link] [comments]

    Randomly recieved ether

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 07:44 AM PST

    Hello world,

    today I randomly recieved 1 ether in my wallet. No idea where it came from.

    Anyone else had this happen?

    This is more money than I make in a month of work, so I do want to know why and how it found its way into my wallet.

    submitted by /u/Deurlii
    [link] [comments]

    Another noob question: Do I need more than just Coinbase Pro to hold long?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 02:41 PM PST

    Does Coinbase Pro come with a wallet or do I need additional apps? I'm just looking to park my money for the next decade. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DamnStrongCoffee
    [link] [comments]

    GasNow.org can save gas fee for tx sender, avoiding unnecessary higher gas price.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 04:44 AM PST

    Matic rebrands to Polygon in pursuit of ‘Polkadot on Ethereum’ strategy

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 09:59 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment