• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 7, 2021

    Ethereum The Associated Press will be calling the winner of the Super Bowl on Ethereum!

    Ethereum The Associated Press will be calling the winner of the Super Bowl on Ethereum!


    The Associated Press will be calling the winner of the Super Bowl on Ethereum!

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 12:37 PM PST

    Ethereal HyperCube - NFT drop on Rarible.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 02:01 AM PST

    How to claim tax on ETH gas fees

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 03:04 PM PST

    Hey guys, founder of cryptotaxcalculator.io here. At the time of writing gas price is 197 Wei and to do a trade on Uniswap cost around $100 in ETH. This is a significant amount for most users, and adding this to your cost basis is an important part in minimizing your taxes. But in most circumstances you will also need to consider the capital gains realised on the ETH you are spending for gas.

    Example

    Date Trade Currency Price Quantity Gas (ETH) ETH Price
    1st Jan 2017 Buy ETH 30 2 - -
    4th Oct 2020 Buy SUSHI 200 1 - -
    6th Feb 2020 Sell SUSHI 1000 1 0.1 1000
    6th Feb 2020 Buy DAI 1000 1 - -

    In the above example Satoshi sells $1,000 worth of SUSHI on Uniswap for DAI. To do this he pays $100 in gas using ETH. He originally bought his Sushi for $200, and his ETH for $30 each. Satoshi realised a profit of $800 by selling his sushi (1000 - 200), but he also had $100 worth of gas fees, so he overall realised gain is $700 (1000 - 200 - 100). However he originally bought ETH at $30, and at the time of the transaction ETH was worth $1000, so Satoshi needs to consider the gain in ETH. This would be calculated as $97 ((1000 - 30) * 0.1). As you can see there is a lot going on here.

    Fortunately CryptoTaxCalculator is one of the few crypto tax softwares to carefully consider this scenario. All you need to do is import your Ethereum public wallet address into our app, and we will automatically categorise all these transactions and handle this calculations for you. All you need to do is sanity check the results and you are sorted.

    Happy to answer any questions.

    submitted by /u/shhbrunette
    [link] [comments]

    CME Group - Ether futures coming February 8, 2021

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 10:15 AM PST

    Eth this !

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 06:00 PM PST

    How to program decentralized apps?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 12:49 PM PST

    Newb questions about ETH, Transactional Logic Question

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 05:05 PM PST

    Hi All,

    I am a newb and been running through YouTube videos but I'm having a hard time understanding a portion of the basics but I think I've got it narrowed down to a few questions and was hoping someone could answer for me.

    I'm trying to understand how transactions are actually executed/computed and how gas cost is computed.

    The actual transaction and programming logic is contained within an ethereum (ETH coin?) and when it gets sent to the block chain the actual computers/nodes validating the transactions are actually executing the programming logic against their own computing resources and then recording it to their own ledger?

    Do the nodes go under a lot of stress computing really complex programming logic?

    How is gas computed? Does the logic difficulty cause the gas price to go up, if so how does someone know how much gas to charge before executing complex logic?

    I'm sure my questions are riddled with fundamental misunderstandings and I really appreciate the help.

    submitted by /u/ideal2545
    [link] [comments]

    How soon is ETH 2.0?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 03:30 AM PST

    Everyone is saying that it will solve Ethereum's current problems but when is it gonna be rolled out?

    submitted by /u/murderousRaven
    [link] [comments]

    How is it possible for DAI be able to "protect" against the ETH volatility?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 04:58 PM PST

    Arguments against raising the gas limit right now

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 10:27 AM PST

    Is there an Ethereum transaction/gas fee calculator?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 06:23 PM PST

    Is there a calculator out there where you can simply enter in the ethereum/$USD transaction size and it automatically calculates the cost?

    Your help is much appreciated, thanks.

    submitted by /u/Hotsiam
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have this image (ethereum twitter profile pic) in high res? I want to make a custom shirt with the logo

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 08:28 AM PST

    Staking ETH in the United States

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 12:35 PM PST

    I'm currently interested in staking my ETH, but am running into some troubles. When I log into my Binance.US account, I don't currently see an option to stake ETH. I only see options for QTUM, EOS, ONE, Vechain, XTZ, ATOM, and ALGO. When I click the "view more" link, I get a 404 error.

    Am I missing something here, or am I just not able to stake my ETH from inside the US on Binance.US?

    Additionally, it looks like I'll be able to stake ETH on Kraken, so is this just something that has to do with my location? Kraken seems to be my only option here, as I'm trying to stick with the centralized options for security reasons.

    submitted by /u/chowwder
    [link] [comments]

    Why does GAS vary so wildly?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 10:32 AM PST

    I am just curious if there's a simple answer to explain to me - Why do some transactions only use 21,000 GAS limit but others use way more?

    I tried to send a transaction and put my limit to 25,000 - it failed and I ended up losing all the gas. I saw others in the same block that succeeded with only 21,000?

    submitted by /u/WhereBeCharlee
    [link] [comments]

    Hi Guys! Quick question about DeFi. How safe do you think it is to interact with some of the major DeFi protocols (Compound, Aave, Uniswap) directly from my ledger nano s?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 04:08 AM PST

    Will I need to use a bridge for optimistic rollups?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 07:04 AM PST

    Hi all, can anyone explain this for me!

    Is it similar to xDai and matic in that I'd need to perform a full cost mainnet transaction to bridge my asset's to optimism? Or will optimistic rollups occur from a mainnet transaction? On the main chain?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ThisBigLout
    [link] [comments]

    Hot wallet

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 11:08 AM PST

    Could you guys please suggest me a hot wallet, the most important feauture that i am interested in is security, i don't care about user-friendly interface and stuff like that, i care only for safety.Thanks in advance

    P.S:I still have small funds so that's why i am still not buying cold wallet

    submitted by /u/Feature-is-in-AI
    [link] [comments]

    Wiped phone, missing MEW wallet

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 01:31 PM PST

    As the title says, I have stupidly lost my Ethereum wallet info as I wiped my phone. Now I am also a bad data horder with a large amount of very poorly sorted backup data. Can someone tell me what file extensions I should be looking for?

    I transferred from a paper wallet to a MEW wallet back in July of 2019. I know my public address and the exact date of transfer but I need to know what possibilities there were for backups and how I would search for them.

    submitted by /u/Laser411
    [link] [comments]

    What are your thoughts about this proposition?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 03:43 PM PST

    Running a reliable Ethereum full node: setup, expected sync time, clients etc. (February 2021)

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 01:27 PM PST

    I am looking for an up-to-date summary of full node requirements. I think having a thread where actual operators share their hardware setup, logic (e.g filesystem), client (e.g turbogeth), configurations, or even provisioning/fault-tolerance strategies would be useful. I was able to find older threads but they seem out-of-touch and different clients exist so having these semi-regularly could be useful to document everything.

    submitted by /u/ottovonkoln
    [link] [comments]

    Meet the Father of the Father of Ethereum

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 10:25 AM PST

    I need Ethereum personalized license plate suggestions!

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 10:09 AM PST

    I'm going to get a personalized license plate. I have 5 letters, what should I get?

    Leaders for me so far are ETHR or 3THER

    ETH, ETHER, ETH3R are taken

    submitted by /u/Dollarbone
    [link] [comments]

    How is Maker more valuable than Ether?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2021 06:43 PM PST

    Trying to wrap my head around this. From what I can tell, Maker is a utility coin (MKR) that uses Ethereum to generate a governance coin that balances at $1 USD (DAI). So how is Maker almost double the value of Ethereum itself? Is it just me, or does it seem that Ethereum gets no respect? Doesn't it have more potential and versatility than any other coin? And yet, even one-trick wonders can jump in front of it. Can anyone explain why this is the case?

    submitted by /u/lukejames
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment