• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 6, 2021

    Ethereum Anyone else feel like this lately?

    Ethereum Anyone else feel like this lately?


    Anyone else feel like this lately?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 10:48 PM PST

    Eth Staking with > 32 Eth

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 03:32 PM PST

    I recently came across a couple articles regarding ETH staking. To create your own validator, one needs 32 Eth. I dont have 32 ETH and looked at other alternatives like a mining pool.

    Mining Pools Ive looked at

    - Rocket Pool

    - Ankr

    - Binance (US)

    - Kraken (US)

    At first I liked Binance and Kraken. Trusted sites, secure, etc.... However, since I am in the US, I am completely unable to pull out my staked ETH for an unknown amount of time.

    I have a little more than 3 Eth at the moment, and plan on holding it long term - minimally, 5 years. In this aspect, I should have no problem staking my Eth on a site like BinanceUS or Kraken. Now, looking at all my options, I can also stake on a site like Ankr. If staked 5.5 Eth, I could get .64 Eth a year. That .64 a year continues to increase over the years, all while the price goes up. And to top it all off, If Eth tanks I can liquify my Eth for aETH, unlinke binance or kraken.

    I believe in ETH long term. I like having access to my ETH. I plan to continue accumulating ETH as years go on, and figure I should put my ETH to work by staking.

    Does anyone have any experience with Eth staking in a pool, or even as a validator? What can go wrong?

    submitted by /u/JonhyAppleseed
    [link] [comments]

    Ethereum based CAJUTEL starts internet services in West Africa - TCR

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 05:08 AM PST

    If I buy ETH today, does this become ETH2 automagically?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 06:38 AM PST

    Was wondering what happens to current eth after eth2 happens. Converted? Worth fraction?completely separate? Exact same thing?

    Does my wallet continue to work? Or do I need to prep in some capacity?

    submitted by /u/JesusXP
    [link] [comments]

    Into the Ether. Best place to mint?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 11:56 AM PST

    Coinbase wallet

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 04:25 PM PST

    What is the difference btw coinbase and coinbase wallet? Shouldn't they be in the same app?

    submitted by /u/ahmedii21
    [link] [comments]

    Getting started in Gemeni

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 01:35 PM PST

    So I was about to make my first purchase and my jaw dropped at the fee!

    500 in cash was going to be 27 dollars in fees..

    I'm coming in very new to this and to me this seems like high fees... is this to be expected? I heard fee structure is awful at coinbase and I'm wondering " holy cow can it actually get even worse than this ?!?!"

    I understand in the grande scheme this is peanuts but.. yikes..

    Could this be because I'm using my debit card? Is bank transfer a better option in anyone's experience?

    submitted by /u/Thinking_Chair
    [link] [comments]

    Do you want to be an internet janitor ? r/AskEthereum awaits.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 10:05 AM PST

    tl;dr: I want a beginner friendly r/AskEthereum.

    My favourite subs are r/AskHistorians and all the other heavily modded r/Ask-Xs.

    Who wants to start r/AskEthereum or r/AskEthermining, or takeover r/AskCrypto ? I'd do it, but I'll be worse than useless.

    With rules like r/AskHistorians. Only textposts, no open-ended questions, no images, memes, or fun. :)

    Maybe a rule like, ask anything you want, but only Yes/No or True/False questions. Answers should start with a y/s or t/f. And then you can elaborate as much you want. Or like the Q&A format of r/OutOfTheLoop.

    Don't ask "Are my settings correct ?" More like, "I'm trying to mine in such-n-such pool to this wallet. Are my settings correct ?"

    Not, "What is blockchain ?".

    Instead ask "A blockchain is stored on a bunch of computers, anyone who has enough space can download it. And the programs are run by distributing the work to a lot more computers that download little bits of it and process it." True ? (Don't know if that's true or not. You have to use your own words and think a little bit about it first.)

    I know everything can be answered by "google it". But sometimes you're just unsure and just want to ask a (stupid) question.

    Finally, what's up with reddit discords ? They're basically dead. Please tell me if there's a good crypto for noobs chatroom.

    Check out ETH R & D, where devs hang out. But it's way too hardcore for beginners like me. https://discord.gg/ZRfX349ruV

    And https://discord.com/invite/Pvw74Cv. Flexpool's memepool. Much meme, too much US politics. Active as hell, though.

    submitted by /u/OldWillingness7
    [link] [comments]

    Best ERC20 Wallet System To Pair With Trezor/Ledger(For "Custom Tokens" Like XSGD, Singapore Dollar Stablecoin, etc.)

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:09 PM PST

    I don't understand a ton about the ERC 20 system yet but I'm getting the hang of it.

    I find myself interested in a lot of weird "custom tokens" like XSGD, REEF, etc. and right now, all I have used is a MetaMask Firefox browser extension wallet, and the MEW(MyEtherWallet) wallet in cloud login form.

    But I'm wondering, long term, what is the best and MOST SECURE/RELIABLE system to pair a Trezor/Ledger hardware device with, for storing ERC20 custom tokens like XSGD?

    What if the provider of the website/cloud service shuts down? What happens to my XSGD then?

    These are things I am worried about so I am looking for the most secure wallet system to use, in conjunction with hardware wallet for ERC20 custom tokens.

    submitted by /u/BlueRiver4
    [link] [comments]

    How to use Fleek to automatically deploy and maintain your website on ENS+IPFS

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:39 AM PST

    Gas price problem need more attentions now!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 02:47 AM PST

    Used BNB Address for ETH withdraw, assets are now locked in Binance Wallet Chain. PLEASE HELP!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 04:36 PM PST

    Hi there, if anyone could please help me out; I made a huge blunder from the get-go, here's what happened:

    I tried withdrawing ETH assets from my Binance account into my Binance Chain Wallet. The transaction was sucessfully completed and I received the ETH into my BIN, but now the ETH assets are locked into the BIN.

    What should i do?

    Are the assets lost now or is there a way to recover my ETH? I've attached a screenshot as well.

    https://ibb.co/VpdLfM7

    submitted by /u/vanAspades
    [link] [comments]

    These NFTS are $100k each

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 08:16 PM PST

    What are Ethererums main competitors?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 08:06 PM PST

    I know ETH has competitors, some names I've heard are PolkaDot, Cardano, Tron, EOS... Which of these and more are real competitors and which of these have an edge over Ethereum? How can ETH respond to this?

    submitted by /u/180lbs
    [link] [comments]

    Disadvantages of Ethereum?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 08:03 PM PST

    What are some disadvantages, shortcomings or flaws? How many of these can be fixed?

    submitted by /u/180lbs
    [link] [comments]

    Eth2 stake on Binance

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 04:10 PM PST

    Does anyone here is staking ether on Binance to be converted to eth2 in the future and make some profits with Dy they are paying?

    I put some and it was converted to BETH but I am not sure if I can transfer it to a wallet outside Binance and still receive the day yield. Does anyone know?

    submitted by /u/Zacky-z
    [link] [comments]

    Internet Culture w/ Mark Cuban (lots of Ethereum talk)

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 06:21 AM PST

    New to the ethereum scene... What are some resources I can use to understand the tech and maybe gain some insight into the next steps needed for mainstream adoption?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 11:16 PM PST

    I'm a little late to the hype train but I've heard quite a bit of the buzzwords "smart contract" "dApps" etc...

    Kind of just wanted to find some resources to wrap my head around the protocols built on top of ETH and the fundamental value it provides, as well as some of the downsides.

    Any info on the best ways to learn the Web3 stack would also be appreciated for those of you with a development background.

    Thanks a lot in advance guys!

    submitted by /u/Sk0rchXD
    [link] [comments]

    ethernodes.org is listing full / fast and light nodes?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 12:44 PM PST

    hi I was wondering if the node listed on this website "https://www.ethernodes.org/nodes" are only full nodes? or does it also includes fast / light nodes (from geth?) thanks

    submitted by /u/Alphykit
    [link] [comments]

    Question on the price setting on gas for transaction

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 06:29 PM PST

    Hey

    Are eth gas prices this ficking high? Is this a normal gas price for this amount?
    Hear me out i have some eth+usdc in a pool (not much at all 170€) and was about to withdraw the two coins to my wallet which is metamask but when i saw the eth gas fee of 55€ for a transaction of 170€ which has 2/3 USDC in it in terms of eth to usdc if now that makes any difference like if ethereum only has eth gas fee... i haven o idea but should probably know by this point.

    SO to my second question, in metamask i can adjust the amount of gwei (cost of gas im willing to pay)
    I have read some stuff about this but not truly got a grip on it. If I go really low there is a chance my transaction wont go through and i will loose all the eth in gas i spent and of the coins too?

    Haven't dabbled much with eth more so bought, sold and traded at one exchange thats my limited experience so bare with me with these perhaps very naive questions. haha.

    Have a good day folks,

    submitted by /u/hollowbin
    [link] [comments]

    Ethereum leaving exchanges and ETH 2.0 staking is leading to a supply crisis

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 05:36 PM PST

    Phoenixminer "Stratum thread not responsive for 51s", please help me figure this out.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:15 AM PST

    Miner beginner here. I mine using BetterHash, which uses phoenixminer for Eth and my internet is working. The miner launches, generates DAGs, gets jobs, even often finds shares that are accepted before this goddamn message appears. If I leave it running and looping like this it usually just keep running into this same error. If I restart the computer and my router sometimes it fixes it but not always. When it fixes it will run sometimes for multiple days until this problem starts happening again.

    Please help me understand what the heck could be the problem here or how to troubleshoot it, this has been annoying the hell out of me, as I can't even find any info about this issue.

    submitted by /u/throwawayfuckletmein
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment