• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 21, 2018

    GPU Mining This has been my project for the last two months. Two more 8 card racks being added by the weekend.

    GPU Mining This has been my project for the last two months. Two more 8 card racks being added by the weekend.


    This has been my project for the last two months. Two more 8 card racks being added by the weekend.

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 12:47 PM PDT

    Power for MSI Radeon RX 560 DirectX 12 RX 560 AERO ITX 4G OC 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express x16 (Uses x8)

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 05:39 AM PDT

    Does anybody have one of these? I have one PCI slot open in one of my rigs, but don't have power cable for it. Will it work off the PCI E only?

    submitted by /u/connic1983
    [link] [comments]

    Bumping power / clock settings on 1080ti changes local hash but no impact on reported hash??

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 04:03 AM PDT

    Hi folks,

    Puzzling situation here.

    I have my 5 1080tis in 'economy' mode @ 80% or so, totalling about 3.5kh/s locally reported as well as reported online.

    If I bump this to 'high power' at 110%, my hash rate jumps to 3.9kh/s locally reported. But when I look online (nicehash / miningrigrentals) there's basically no difference at all.

    Any idea why the very evident local bump in hashrate makes absolutely no difference in the value reported in the pool?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/chamsters
    [link] [comments]

    Need suggestions for intake and outtake inline or gable vent fans? Trying to ventilate a grow tent 4x4x7 feet big which will have computers generating 4,800 watts of heat inside. What fans should I choose for that consume the least amount of watt with best ventilation?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 05:24 AM PDT

    Hello, I am looking to create an enclosure around my computer parts in the form of a tent or grow tent mainly used for growing plants in doors in a small foot print. This solution is termed, "grow tent" and they come in various sizes. I have options of either using 4'x'2'x7' or 4'x'4'x7' size "grow tent" for my use case since I will be putting this 5-Shelving Unit inside of it which will hold all of my computer parts on each shelf.

    I will only be using 3 shelves though, but bought this for the size:

    • Measures 36 x 14 x 72 inches (LxWxH)

    So I need to have an enclosure around this to trap all the heat so that I can:

    1. Concentrate the heat in the enclosure (grow tent) and quickly ventilate it easily due to the concentration
    2. Segregate the rest of the house from the heat produced by the 4,800 watt of energy coming from the computer parts without using additional energy from the AC

    I want to know what fans I should buy to intake and outtake that will properly ventilate the Grow tent where 4,800 watts of energy/heat is being produced? Ideally I would like the fans that properly ventilate the air inside the, "Grow Tent" enclosure while using the least amount of watts themselves as well as producing the least amount of decibels of sound. They will be attached with ducting/hoses to grow the tent directly to my window

    Also here is a video of another person with different specifications than me but with a very similar setup to what I wish to recreate, however I will be producing more heat/wattage (4,800) vs his wattage/heat output of 2,700.

    So perhaps I need stronger fans?

    So far I am considering these fans:

    But upon looking at the Amazon questions regarding this specific model I came across this question and answer:

    Question: Why does the 10" draw 175 watts when the 8" is only 75w? that mean the 8" is 9.5cfm/w and the 10" is 6cfm/w?

    Answer: Neither of these seems very efficient. QuietCool makes 1500 cfm gable vent fans that only draw about 35 watts, due to their use of a super efficient ECM motor.

    Another option is:

    So could I get by a properly ventilate all that heat of 4,800 watt being produced in a 4'x4'x7' or 4'x2'x'7 enclosure with the 6 inch vortext fans? Or should I get one of the higher cfm ones?

    Could I properly hook up that attic gable vent fan to my grow tent with ducting hoses and would that work properly?

    Is there a fan I'm totally unaware of that I should be looking at instead?

    Thanks for reading all of this if you have, I really appreciate it. And thanks for paying any attention to any of my concerns as weird as they might be.

    submitted by /u/BIGDICKTAKER
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] 3xRX480 SimpleMiningOS rig dropped from 84mhs to 53mhs after update and restart (Details in text)

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 12:34 AM PDT

    So I noticed my Rig was down about an hour ago, and went to restart it. It wouldn't restart so I swapped out the flash drive (the easiest fix) and gave it a bit to update and restarted it a few times. However now it dropped a whole card of MHs. going from 28/28/28MHs to 17/17/20MHs. The only thing I changed was the Flash drive, what's happening?

    submitted by /u/Locusthorde300
    [link] [comments]

    I made a fancy calculator

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 01:12 PM PDT

    Hey you guys, I made a ROI and profit calculator that also keeps full track of your coins paid from pool! Intended for cryptonight coins. All you need is the pool API address, your wallet address, what you paid for your rig and power usage It features: - Compatibility with any currency, whether it's USD, NOK, EUR etc. - Keeps complete track of your mining earnings, and converts their value to the currency of your choosing - Calculates days and months to reach Return on investment, based on your power usage, electric price and hashrate - Price is pulled from Coinmarketcap, but you have the ability to add coin prices from other sources in a custom price sheet - Totally free to use, of course, just make a copy! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oUAi54XF7jP3xSvBUM5B9vRfqP-Yl_nYkJLpXYO0x64/edit?usp=sharing

    submitted by /u/mynameisders
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a separate sub people post GPUs or Rigs for sale?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 04:54 PM PDT

    Toying with the idea of either selling a rig as a whole or parting it out. Where would be most appropriate (and allowed) to post 'for sale'/'wanted' type posts? 5 x 1070tis.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/letaninjawork
    [link] [comments]

    My vegetable rack rig after getting new psu

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 04:42 PM PDT

    Found oddly priced GPU in SG pricelist, is this ok for Mining? MSI Radeon RX580 Gaming X OC 8GB GDDR5

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 08:26 PM PDT

    Mounting motherboard, couple of the standoffs are a little crooked, enough to cause a short?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 08:13 PM PDT

    Want to sell GPUS. Buyer wants to test them. Any safe public place that would let you use an outlet for 20 minutes without too much trouble?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 04:13 PM PDT

    I don't want to get shivved but I also don't want to do a meet-up at my or their place.

    submitted by /u/BeerMoneyDood
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody with water cooled gpu’s? (EVGA hybrid cards)

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 04:34 PM PDT

    What temperatures do you get on them and what ambient temps? Thanks :)

    Was wondering the temps I would get with 95F ambient. Worst Case Scenario

    submitted by /u/areddituser46
    [link] [comments]

    Question About Riser Soldering

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 12:43 PM PDT

    Mining profitability is low - Here is why

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 02:05 AM PDT

    Hi guys!

    I want to express my view on the evolution of crypto mining and also cryptomarket in general.

    The current situation, especially for all the newcomers and newbies to mining that have not seen the fluctuations in the past, can be stressful. This is mainly due to the rise of miners in recent months, increasing difficulties, together with the current state of the market, which it seems has entered a bear trend (falling), after the all-time highs back in December, when the market was in a bull trend (rising).

    Mining in the case of GPU miners depends on the general PC hardware industry, which is also very cyclical. And since a majority of the people who are mining with GPUs and not ASICs, we can clearly observe, what we could already see in the past. The current generation of GPUs has been out for a few years now and will slowly get upgraded newer cards. It has been almost 2 years since Nvidia released their GTX 1080 and 1 year since the 1080 Ti was released. Now we are patiently waiting for any official information regarding the next generation GPUs, that should be a lot better in terms of performance and hash rate. This will start a new cycle with new market forces.

    There are a lot of questions on a daily basis, asking why the profitability is low and when will it go up. Note that in terms of mining cryptocurrencies, you are/should be making the same, you are only making less when it comes to the fiat (USD, EUR…). The only way to predict what will happen is to know exactly what the future holds, but I do not dare to make any such predictions knowing the nature of the crypto environment.

    I feel that the best way to go right now is mine and HODL all the Bitcoin or other cryptos until the market shifts. For example, let's say you are making 0,01 ETH/day, which is around $5-6. The current price of Ethereum is $570. If a miner sells all of the Bitcoin daily at that price, that accounts for around $150 a month. But if the price of ETH goes back to where it was 2 months ago ($1100), that would mean that the value of holdings has doubled. For all users holding, that would mean that they actually made $300 a month, since they did not sell their Ethereum when the price was low ($570). It is an approach that might not be right for everyone, but it has historically been the one that generated more profit.

    submitted by /u/AljazNiceHash
    [link] [comments]

    Riser Connection Help

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 06:00 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I decided to expand my setup and add 2 more GPU's, so I'm using risers for the first time. I got the Explomos type 008C, the one linked to in this subreddit. My PSU is an Antec Earthwatts EAG Pro 750W. I've been trying to use Molex and the 6(+2) pin cables to power it but no dice. Just to clarify, I am plugging the GPU into the riser card, connecting the USB cable from the riser into the PCIe 1 port onto the MB, and using the power cables included with the PSU to plug in what looks like a 6 pin with one blank from the PSU to the Molex on the riser. On the PSU, the slot I'm plugging into is correctly marked as the Molex/SATA. On the riser, there is a red LED light on the SATA marked J3 if that helps. The BIOS does not recognize the GPU, nothing shows when the HDMI goes into the GPU but if I connect to the port on the Mobo and use the iGPU, Windows Device Manager only shows the iGPU. The AMD and Nvidia drivers are all installed. I would really appreciate some help here.

    Edit: https://imgur.com/gallery/LK3Kz

    submitted by /u/raghavkapur1999
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone ever seen an algorithm use half the wattage?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 02:05 PM PDT

    I'm using MPM and MPH and I noticed on one of my rigs that the temperature sometimes is much lower than what I would expect. Rig is on Windows 10 running a 1070ti, 2x 1080 and a 1080ti.

    When I check the miner is still running and miningpoolhubstats still shows a good hashrate and earnings rate, but the card is only pulling about half of the wattage from the wall that it should be.

    Since I'm using more than one rig and can't monitor all the time it's hard for me to tell if this is affecting my payout but I have to imagine it is or I'm the first person to break the laws of thermodynamics.

    Any suggestions what I should do? I noticed it first with NVIDIA Nanashi so I turned that off, now it's happening with a lyra2z miner.

    submitted by /u/shadowofashadow
    [link] [comments]

    Voltage reg ID

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 02:01 PM PDT

    I am trying to hexedit my vbios for my xfx Rx 580s ( Hynix /Samsung) and am stuck.

    From what I have pieced together in order to add an offset I need to ID the regulator type in order to accomplish this. I have not been able to find any specs on google.

    Without disassembling my hardware is there a way to determine the type of regulator NCP or IR?

    submitted by /u/BicepsMcTouchdown
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to use python to automate my rig need some help.

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 10:09 AM PDT

    So the idea im trying to execute is that i want my rig to automatically switch from mining one coin to another based off specific parameters.

    For right now the only parameters i want is my last payout. That way i can be mining mona and then once i get my payout it'll switch to vert and so on.

    So far i can use python to open bat files on a timer, but want im trying to do is use beautiful soup and lxml to scrape my wallet balances from bchain.info. if i can get my wallet balance as an integer in my code then it would be super easy to make a couple if statements to automate my rig based off that.

    Im not sure if there is another block explorer out there that has an api or if there is an easier way to do this, but it doesn't seem hard.

    I dont know much about html but on bchain.info the balance is stored in a table with an id tag of id="balance" . There has to be a way i can parse that into my code and turn the balance into an integer.

    Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, ill post this is python or learnpython if i dont get a response i just figured one of you have probably done something similar.

    submitted by /u/Mokahmonster
    [link] [comments]

    SMOS and rig down notifications...

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 12:22 PM PDT

    This could be a very very dumb question so please forgive me. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get an email or push notifications telling me my rig is down. On my main computer running windows, I have one GPU mining directly to nicehash and I can set up an email alert if Nicehash doesn't hear from my 1 GPU for longer than 10 minutes. However, on my main mining rig I'm running SMOS. It, too, is pointed to the Nicehash stratum but it won't allow me to turn on email notifications for that worker (presumably since it isn't running the Nicehash GUI). This rig is obviously my money-maker and I have not being able to get notifications if it goes down. I have investigated switching my main rig to MPH but I can't figure out how I'm going to get notified if my rig goes down there either. How do people monitor their rig status using SMOS/MPH??

    submitted by /u/jarede312
    [link] [comments]

    Help finding stock bios roms for RX570 cards

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 11:30 AM PDT

    I misplaced my USB with all my stock roms and everything... so it would definitely help a lot if someone could help me with getting the stock bios for the following cards: (can't seem to make anorak account)

    Gigabyte Gaming rx570

    Need both Samsung and Hynix for this one


    Asus Strix rx570 4gb

    Only need Hynix


    This one will probably be harder...

    PowerColor Red Devil rx570 4gb

    Need Elpida for this one

    Thank you so much if anyone can help me out!

    submitted by /u/mrdulicious
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment