• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 15, 2018

    GPU Mining RIP CryptoNight miners - Antminer X3

    GPU Mining RIP CryptoNight miners - Antminer X3


    RIP CryptoNight miners - Antminer X3

    Posted: 15 Mar 2018 12:32 AM PDT

    Gpus officially turned off.

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 09:43 PM PDT

    hoping things get better soon :/

    to clarify: my payouts have decreased the past month or so, i am not receiving the same amount as i was (not fiat, i am referring to crypto amount). i am not mining a single thing like ETH for example..

    submitted by /u/rkkaz
    [link] [comments]

    I just met a noob miner IRL. I was shaken to the core.

    Posted: 15 Mar 2018 06:38 AM PDT

    Going to try to keep this really brief.

    Was cruising craigslist and ebay as I do regularly looking for a good deal. Not so easy these past few months, but found a local person selling S9's for a reasonable price. Decided to reach out and see if they were motivated. They were.

    Work out the details and I head over to his place. First, let me say this guy was a totally awesome person. Easy to talk to, friendly, we shared interests, and ended up talking way too long about our shared passions. I have absolutely nothing ill to say about this gentleman.

    The issue came when we started talking details in mining and our experiences. He got into the scene late December, so right off the bat you know he is in the hole big time. I got a sense of how bad when he was trying to nudge me up in price. I paid $2200 for his S9, PSU, and a couple cables. He mentioned at least a few times how much he paid for it (as if that has anything to do with what it's worth now - it doesn't). He showed me a screenshot of his receipt......He paid $7000 for it. I had to restrain my jaw from hitting the floor. Not only that, he bought 5 of them at that price.

    It gets better. He had a small GPU farm as well of about 30 GPUS, almost all 1080tis. Impressive. He had a really nice setup. Now, i'm not a fan of "pretty" rigs myself, but he obviously is. They were very neat, organized, and all had their own station, monitor, and airflow control. I then looked closer at the mobo which had sort of an odd looking processor. He put I7's in every single one of them. All 5 of them. Not only that, each one got it's own 3TB HDD and 32GB of DDR4. The icing on the cake? They all ran Nicehash.

    Now, this guy means well. Not all of us can immerse ourselves in mining and know what to do and what not to do. But honestly I left feeling really bad for this dude. He booked a massive loss selling that S9 to me, and we'll take heavier losses selling other hardware. The amount of money he put into those rigs unnecessarily was just insane to me. I7's? Really?

    This is where I start to cringe at the thought of the next few months as it pertains to the rest of us. Guys like this are going to keep mining regardless of how bad the market gets. They won't shut off their equipment even if its costing them $100 per day. They simply aren't tracking it. This means that even if ethereum goes to $10, the difficulty is going to stay sky high while every guy with a 1050 is whipping it for micro hash per second.

    Just sharing my experience, thought you might like to hear it.

    submitted by /u/SonOfATech
    [link] [comments]

    Baikal Giant N (and Antminer X3) why they are sold NOW

    Posted: 15 Mar 2018 03:04 AM PDT

    I wanted to start a little discussion about the new CrytoNight miner by Baikal and WHY they are sold now. (Also with the Bitmain miner announced today as well, I think this might count for both of them) Disclaimer: I am writing this while some older Baikals (Giant+ and Mini Quadruple) are running in my basement working their asses off.

    Manufacturers often/always have their machines on the network for unknown amounts of time before anyone of us even knows the machines exist. Sometime later, the machines are sold to us, and the cycle begins anew. The rumour was around back with the first ASICs from Bitmain, but later I got to experience that first hand when we received a shipment of "new" Baikal (Giant+) in 2017. They were definitely not new and have been in use for some time. I think one can argue that the Baikal Giant Ns have been on the network for some time, if we just look at some CryptoNight hashrate stats. On the other hand, talks about Monero forking for ASIC resistance have been there before a specific ASIC was announced, so now is the perfect time to sell for Baikal. Win Win for them since they have profited already.

    Not wanting to shit on anyone who ordered one. I would have even tried one (the Baikal) for the sake of an experiment (MOQ says no), but I just wanted to spark a discussion what other people think about this. Especially if one of you is or is thinking of ordering one - what do you think of the "equipment dumping"? Also, I have nothing against ASICs in general, in a world where China exists, we will always have ASICs and I think there will be only more to come. Also, as a person running ASICs myself it would be hypocritical to hate on ASICs, but I still want to talk openly about some of the business practices in the mining world, because in the end it affects us GPU miners. (which I love the most of all mining =D ).

    I also made a video on my channel about the same exact points if you want to check it out, but some thoughts and a discussion would be more important to me, since I've just heard how it will kill coins (which it will not) and nothing about the practices behind it. https://youtu.be/RWjCOJw9WMA Cheers

    submitted by /u/CursedMining
    [link] [comments]

    OCTOMINER needs your help guys. How to deal with customer refund who paid in crypto and demands USD refund? Please give your advice

    Posted: 15 Mar 2018 06:49 AM PDT

    Hey Guys! Thanks for all the support here. Right now we have a customer who paid in Litecoin a few days ago and now suddenly wants a refund without any particularly good reason. We have nothing against refunds. The problem is this client demands we pay him back the US Dollar amount he paid on the day he made the purchase. Currently LTC is down and there is quite a difference in the price.
    HERE IS THE CONVERSATION LOG (all personal details blacked out): https://imgur.com/a/qj9dF

    We had a short delay with answering his email. Yes, that is our fault, but the 15th is the first time the customer sent us their LTC address for the refund and we refunded him right away after that. All of our team has been busy working overtime and preparing for the March batch shipment. Our live chat is still 24/7 Live. We have nothing against this client, we are here to avoid this issue in the future and find the best way to solve these issues in the future.

    Please give advice on how to deal with this matter. What do you guys think is the best and fair way to do this so that all sides are happy ? We welcome your input and support and always try to give the best customer support possible! Thanks again.

    submitted by /u/BusinessMonk
    [link] [comments]

    r/nononoyes I was so bummed out my new computer was lagging when mining, then I fixed it and it's the best feeling ever :) (Tips inside)

    Posted: 15 Mar 2018 06:45 AM PDT

    Mods, you can delete this post if you want, it's just fodder.

    TL;DR, had to upgrade to fit my 4th and 5th 1060, but the new computer would lag in Windows. I was so bummed because it made browsing using Firefox so unresponsive and crappy. Moved some GPUs around on the mobo and that somehow fixed it.

    I tried everything in claymore, but eventually I found some magical settings that I'm NOT touching since now, everything runs purrrrrrfect. Nothing lags in Firefox, and I have no idea what setting did it.

    But, to tell you what I did just in case someone runs into the same problem. I have a new z370 motherboard and 8600K CPU. I tried messing with the mobo settings, but eventually I just ran "stock" (reset all settings) and enabled 4G. That's it. In claymore I actually run 2 cards at ethi 4 now, for some reason. I also put in lidag 3 for good measure (lol). Also disabled anything "hardware accelerated" in Firefox (go into about:config and search "hardw").

    Eventually I just tried switching some cards around in the actual slots, and, somehow, that's what did it. I remembered my old PC had this issue as well. I have 2 identical 1060s, and since I run a 4K screen I have to run the monitor on one of the GPUs (integrated can't do 4K 60hz...), but for some reason the PC would lag and cause problems one the evil twin, so I just switched.

    So that's basically it. Everything works now. You just have to try literally everything. I'm feeling great. :)

    submitted by /u/Reed1981
    [link] [comments]

    Bitmain joining Cryptonight party with a blast of 220KH/s

    Posted: 15 Mar 2018 12:06 AM PDT

    email just got in:

    Dear subscriber,

    We are proud and happy to announce that we are launching the all-new Antminer X3, a new Antminer model for mining cryptocurrencies based on the hashing algorithm CryptoNight.

    The Antminer X3 delivers a minmum hashrate of 220KH/s while consuming 550W of total power.

    To prevent hoarding by certain users or resellers and to ensure that more individual miners in different time zones around the world are able to order this new ASIC miner, we have made some changes:

    There is a limit of one miner per user for all orders in the current (two) batches. We will release both these batches with an equal stock thrice today: at 3PM, 6pm and 9PM (15 March, GMT+8). Click below to learn the price or to order after the scheduled time of launch:

    submitted by /u/kallebo1337
    [link] [comments]

    Internet trouble-After a while i get disconnected and need to log in again in the network

    Posted: 15 Mar 2018 02:01 AM PDT

    I recently moved to to a new place for work and their internet requires to log in when you open a broswer.I am connected via ethernet. Now some times i need to relog but that happens when i am asleep or not at home.Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Perpiris
    [link] [comments]

    A haiku, for tough times.

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 10:51 PM PDT

    Low profits high cost,  

    what money can I make now?  

    Stay strong and mine on.

     

    My poor little 1080ti rig. I'm still afloat but with $0.35 electricity costs, I'm making $0.30 a day per card. It is in this weather that we must hold strong brothers. High times will come. High times. HODL

    submitted by /u/Tigerman456
    [link] [comments]

    What's everyone mining?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2018 06:52 AM PDT

    Hey guys, so out of curiosity.. what's everyone mining for short term, monthly payouts? I'm in the process of building a pretty good sized farm. Going to have around 10-12 8x1070/1070ti rigs, and maybe 4-6 8x1060 rigs. Obviously eth isn't as profitable as it once was, or zcash, but kinda wondering about some alts that are favorable to my 1070s.

    As a side note to anyone talking shit about GPU mining, even with today's difficulty and prices.. if I were to mine only Ethhash, the ROI on such an investment is enough to make me cream my pants when compared to traditional investments.

    submitted by /u/ballsacker240
    [link] [comments]

    4U rack case GPU miner mod. Where wood and metal meet. :-)

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 11:59 AM PDT

    Need help with my riser configuration

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 07:13 PM PDT

    Current setup:
    * 6x GTX 1070
    * 2x EVGA 650 BQ
    * 6x Risers (006c - w/ 6-pin to SATA cables)
    (image links below)

    PSU has a built in 8-pin connector, which I'm assuming I can use on GPU#1 without any issues. As you can see in the picture, I still have 2 more 8-pin connectors in the module connector zone (I don't know all of the technical terms). I plan on using those 2 8-pin connector ports to connect to GPU#2 and GPU#3. I will follow the same method for connecting GPU's #4-6 on the other PSU.

    Now...what I am struggling to understand is connecting the risers. Every post I read has a lot of ELIAE (Explain it like I'm an electrician) rather than a good ELI5 (which I need). I understand that I shouldn't use the 6-pin to SATA, and I would like to find an appropriate alternative. The GPU 6-pin says "SATA" on it, but I'm assuming it still pushes out this 75W that the SATA cable can't handle, correct?

    The risers (as you'll see in the pic) have the 6-pin only connection. I have read that I should use a 6-pin to molex, then molex to the 6-pin slot in the GPU. I have also read that I should use a 6-pin to 6-pin (with no adapters). The 6-pin to 6-pin connection apparently doesn't exist since every 6/6 or 6/6+2 cable doesn't have matching electrical points that will short out everything. I have no idea which wire is supposed to go where, so when I buy randomly on the internet, I feel like I won't know for sure until it arrives at my door. And even then I probably won't know due to limited electrical knowledge. I have heard tales of people using an 8-pin to a split 6 and 6+2, but as you can see in the picture, I will be using the only 2 8-pin ports for 2 of the cards.

    TL;DR - I need some help finding the correct cable (that I won't have to worry about) to connect from the 6-pin SATA port from the PSU, to the 6-pin port on the riser. Everything on the internet that's right is apparently wrong since I'm not using a breakout board. Any help (links to parts!) is appreciated.

    P.S. I've also been told not to connect more than one riser per cable instead of in a chain, so if this is true, I would like to avoid that as well.

    P.P.S. If anyone has any links to how theirs is connected, that would be very helpful

    P.P.P.S Are there any problems just using the 8-pin to 6 / 6+2 to connect to both the GPU and its riser all on the same cable?

    https://imgur.com/vWHG8hK

    https://imgur.com/seufsL7

    submitted by /u/hamshake
    [link] [comments]

    1070 rigs TDP 100-->65%

    Posted: 15 Mar 2018 04:18 AM PDT

    Currently running my 1070 rigs on 80% power consumption. Paying 0.15,- kw/h.

    My plan was for this down trend to reduce power costs as much as possible. Would you guys recommend me to set the power consumption to 65%? And ofcourse my hashrate will drop, but so be it.

    submitted by /u/Zcashfreak
    [link] [comments]

    RudeHash 6.0 out with Zergpool and 8 new coins

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 05:46 PM PDT

    Again for the last fudding time...

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 10:28 PM PDT

    Don't spend more than you can afford to lose.

    Stop crying about profits being down.

    Don't blame other people for your stupidity.

    There are other ways to dollar cost average and make up.

    This is work, not a damn get rich quick scheme.

    If you are lazy and bring nothing to the table then don't expect help.

    Welcome to Mining.

    Goodnight.

    submitted by /u/Arctipex
    [link] [comments]

    What minable coin is often traded for steam games?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 03:08 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a minable cryptocurrency that is often used to trade for steam games, preferably with its own trading subreddit or forum. I looked at the simple questions thread, I don't think this classifies as what to mine? (sorry if it does)

    Edit: Exchanges are not an option.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/derrmonoo
    [link] [comments]

    Is it true I can buy an RX Vega 56 such as the Gigabyte or Sapphire one and flash the bios to Vega 64 and mine just as well when mining gobyte?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 03:11 PM PDT

    As title suggest I'm interested in buying an RX 56 and flashing it to RX 64, will I mine just as well at the suggested RX 64 wattage on whattomine.com?

    Is there piratically no difference when mining with the RX 56 as the RX 64 when mining gobyte?

    submitted by /u/BIGDICKTAKER
    [link] [comments]

    Progress goes up and value goes down lol fuck

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 11:41 AM PDT

    HiveOS DSTM MPH not working

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 10:41 PM PDT

    I'm trying to set up HiveOS to work with MPH and DSTM. It keeps running this forever, and not actually working. Can't find anything online. Does anyone know how to fix it/ configure HiveOS wallet properly for MPH-DSTM?

    issue: https://imgur.com/gallery/Aj3uU

    wallet setup screenshot: https://imgur.com/gallery/inNLl

    I'm using my Ledger Nano S address

    submitted by /u/sunelt13
    [link] [comments]

    Question about difficulty

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 10:20 PM PDT

    Does it go down if fewer miners are active? Could this be a potential solution for falling crypto prices (fewer miners=lower difficulty=more shares)?

    submitted by /u/realChebz
    [link] [comments]

    DAE instantly turn mining revenue into Tether or fiat out of fear?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 02:27 PM PDT

    This free fall in the last couple of hours and the all around FUD is starting to get to me and my rigs.

    At this moment i am seriously considering to go all in Tether everytime a payout occurs.

    I mainly mine ETH and some obscure scamcoins on the side.

    I hope Bogdanov won't pump while i am asleep.

    submitted by /u/Liquweed
    [link] [comments]

    This New ASIC Miner Could Pose a Major Risk to CryptoNight Miners

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 08:20 PM PDT

    Help with MSI Z270 Gaming Plus mobo

    Posted: 14 Mar 2018 06:30 PM PDT

    I've got the above mentioned mobo set up for my mining rig updated with the latest bios and I'm trying to run 6x 1060 6GB gpu's via riser. Regardless of what I try I can only boot with 4 gpu's. As soon as I add the 5th gpu I get some sort of boot loop. According to MSI's website, this board should be capable of 7 gpu's with no problems and I've even followed their 'how-to' for setup. I've also read on a few different websites that this board is in fact capable of 6x gpu's, so what's the deal? I'm guessing this has something to do with pci-e lanes or something? I can get every riser and every gpu to work in every pci-e slot (as long as the total gpu count is 4 or less). FYI, I'm running the latest updated Windows 10.

    So, I'm calling on anyone who has managed to get 6x gpu's working with this board to please shout out and tell me what you did to get them working.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/clanure3
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment