• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 20, 2018

    GPU Mining my cheap wall rig decoration heater

    GPU Mining my cheap wall rig decoration heater


    my cheap wall rig decoration heater

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 06:01 AM PDT

    Does mining rig gore have a place on this sub? For only $3500 this craigslist gem can be yours!

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 02:29 PM PDT

    What is your prospective about short term mining coin picking?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 06:52 AM PDT

    My prospective is that I don't rely care what to mine, I have no problem with shitcoins because I have no intention holding them for long. I am interested to mine as much as possible and then convert them to a more mature and stable coin (BTC, ETH…) or to Fiat. And can do so on daily or weekly basis.

     

    Which means that the fundamentals (Dev team track record, real world application …) of the coin are not very important, because I am not looking for the next ETH that can potently go to the moon only a coin with very low mining difficulty and an exchange where I can trade it. The coin can be the next BTC, a 1:1 clone of another coin, have zero innovation or a total scam, it doesn't really matter if the holding interval is very short.

     

    Writing this post actually helped me to formulate my thoughts better. I would love to hear why I am wrong or right and get more prospective about short term mining coin picking.

     

    If I am totally wrong, I would be really glad to hear how you go beyond the hassle free WhatToMine level average reward mining to the next and more rewarding level at which you spend some time each day to pick the new and not yet high mining difficulty coin.

     

    I am not expecting to be spoon feed I am just looking for some prospective. So far I came across Crypto-CoinZ which looks like a version of WhatToMine for new coins and also read to in a few threads to look at the announcement forum at bitcointalk to find out new coins. But was unable to came across anything that convinced me that there is anything beyond: "Pick newest coin possible(bitcointalk) > mine it while difficulty is low> convert to a stable coin every day> pick newest coin possible…

    submitted by /u/5p458d28
    [link] [comments]

    A relevant meme

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 05:48 PM PDT

    SMOS Restarting/Reloading Randomly [HELP]

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 06:15 AM PDT

    Hello, I am looking to find out the reason why my rigs are restarting again and again after some duration of time? (Duration is random)

    There is no power cut. No Voltage Fluctuations.

    1. Why do you think it's restarting again and again? (8-9 times in last 24 hours)

    2. How can I start the logging of logs in SMOS?

    Hardware Details:

    GPU: 1060 3 GB OC (Hynix Memory) CPU: G4400 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270P-D3 RAM: 4 GB HyperX OS: SMOS (SimpleMining)

    OC Details:

    Core: 0 Mem: 600 (That's 1200 on Linux SMOS) Power: 96 Watt (80% of 120 Watt)

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ArjunJain
    [link] [comments]

    I'm pretty sure my cats have gotten way more pleasure out of my mining rig this month than I have...

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 12:36 PM PDT

    How to Mount Fans on Amazon Shelving?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 07:23 AM PDT

    I am trying to mount fans on the sides of the Wire Amazon Shelving. I cant figure out the best fans to buy that would mount on that shelving and how to mount it? Anyone have a video or pic of they way that they did it? Thanks!!!

    submitted by /u/kansurr
    [link] [comments]

    ive got INNO3d Gtx 1070 x2, is it bad choice for mining?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 07:19 AM PDT

    hi, im my gtx 1070 all gpus are by asus except one, asus was out of stock from many days, so i got this, is this Good choice? whats pros?

    this version http://www.inno3d.com/products_detail.php?refid=327

    submitted by /u/Honey148
    [link] [comments]

    Do you know whey nicehash is not mining Equihash when you use automining?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 06:15 AM PDT

    I have a 1060 3GB and 1080 mining with nicehash and during the last days aren't mining Equihash. do you know the reason?

    submitted by /u/yagolin
    [link] [comments]

    (Relatively) New GPU Mining Pool

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 05:23 PM PDT

    Greetings Fellow Miners!

    Full Disclosure: I'm the owner/operator of a mining pool that launched back in December (Miner Maniac).

    I started this pool as both an experiment, and out of frustration. I'm sure many of you have witnessed first hand what I dealt with. Mining on pools and not earning nearly what you should. It didn't take long before I realized what was going on. Either the pool was skimming, or perhaps didn't have things configured properly and/or given the proper amount of resources. Long story short, I got tired of getting ripped off and dealing with slow and barely usable websites and started Miner Maniac.

    What started out as an experiment has grown into a decent size operation. Other miners started to pour in (many from Reddit actually) some of which had skills outside of mining (like programming) and started offering to help out. With their help, we were able to recently put out a pretty nice looking website that looks good and functions well on both PC and Mobile. Beyond that, I've made it a point to focus heavily on the infrastructure and overbuild the stratum servers so that they perform well, all of the time.

    We've got a US and EU stratum server to mine against and 5 coins currently available to mine (BTCz, VOT, SNG, ZEN, and ZEC). We're slowly growing as people hear about us and try us out, and my hope is that we can eventually make a dent in some of the larger pools in existence that have too much hashrate which isn't healthy for the coins.

    If you're currently mining somewhere and are looking to try another pool out, consider giving us a shot. If you're new to mining and need some help, stop by our Discord channel. We have a lot of miners who are in this for the long haul and love getting a chance to help each other out.

    Thanks in advance for considering our pool!

    Rambo

    Owner/Operator

    http://www.minermaniac.com

    Discord: https://discord.gg/76wukEB

    submitted by /u/rambo1337
    [link] [comments]

    whattomine.com is down.. whaddameyegonnadooo???

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 02:09 PM PDT

    DIY - Alternative plug in power meter

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 11:30 AM PDT

    I had tried one of the cheap plug in meters that you can buy on Amazon for $20, but was scared off using it to test rigs with as it looks and feels incredibly cheap, and I'm quite sure its not designed to handle a 1000+ watt load 24/7, so I made my own.

    Pic 1

    Pic 2 - Just testing with laptop plugged in

    Parts needed:

    • 12AWG 6 foot extension cord (total overkill for a 15A circuit but I wanted something heavy duty)
    • 1110 box with blank cover
    • Two L16 connectors
    • Three 333 marrettes (twist plugs, or whatever you call them in America)
    • Some spare copper wire to ground the box with.
    • AC meter from Amazon

    Meter is rated for 80-260VAC so you can use this with any setup really, would just need different plugs on the extension cord (very easy to change if you wanted to later)

    submitted by /u/microcompass
    [link] [comments]

    Temperature differences when using grow tents

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 05:56 PM PDT

    Have you guys found that putting your cards in grow tents with proper vent fans results in higher or lower card temps than an open air setup?

    submitted by /u/iamtheall
    [link] [comments]

    Psu cable modding to avoid using adapters?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 03:50 PM PDT

    I have a 600w psu that has two 20amp 12volt rails so total 480w but it only has one pci-e 6+2+6 connector.
    It has 12 yellow 12v wires.
    - 4 cpu power
    - 3 to the pci-e connector (look at the picture)
    - 3 for molex and sata
    - 2 in the 24 pin
    I want to snip the wires and strip them and put pcie 6 pin connectors on them. How do I know which wires are connected to which rail so I don't screw that up? And is 20awg good enough for the 75 watts a single one of those connectors would be pulling at max? Also the pre existing pci connector on it is one of those ones that has a loop from the 1st connector to the 2nd one so that wire is carrying 150 watts. Is 20awg good enough for 150watts and can I attach 2 pcie 6pin connectors to a set of 3 12v ground and 12v positive wires from the psu? (here is the way the pci-e is wired https://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2008/09/akasa-powermax-1000w-gaming-psu/pcie-8.jpg)

    submitted by /u/TheTomppa
    [link] [comments]

    Solo mining with 50 Gpu (26Kh/s) Equihash coins

    Posted: 20 Mar 2018 03:56 AM PDT

    I'd like to know if the amount is sufficient for solo mining and have you guys had any exprience? What's the best mining platform/pool for it? Thanks! :)

    submitted by /u/TheRealChuckNorris42
    [link] [comments]

    Mining in a Shed, but need some feedback

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 08:49 PM PDT

    I am moving my rigs out of my house (they grow up so fast) and into a prebuilt shed.

    During the summer it's expected to get to about 100 F with about 90-100% humidity. I have no experience with insulating personally, but the people I work with do. From what I've seen of other styles and setups for mining farms, they use a push pull method to circulate the air, however I'm hesitant that it won't be enough given the weather.

    We chose an 8' x 12' shed with pre-installed ventilation (not enough for our needs, obviously but it's a start).

    For convenience sake, I thought just adding 2 vents + fans on either end would be enough but I'm not sure and I'd rather get outside opinions on what you all are doing. The people I'm with want to install a window unit but I don't think that will be good enough for our needs.

    We currently have 4 6xGPU mining rigs, with more to come as we house more/add on. All feedback is appreciated, thank you!

    submitted by /u/R3v7no
    [link] [comments]

    Recommended Anti Virus

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 01:45 PM PDT

    I have a hybrid school work / mining rig (sometimes need to run heavy matlab computations and shit) so I would like an AV that I can occasionally run to make sure there isn't anything too nasty on my computer, but it won't auto remove anything. I had some free trials for Norton and Kaspersky, both were definitely nogo. I had to shut off windows defender due to some issues with Claymore and whitelisting didn't help. Since I have to login to my school servers and stuff, I would still like something, even if I don't have it running 100% of time time. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Gunted_Fries
    [link] [comments]

    MSI 370 SLI PLUS + 2200g - Problems with 4g decoding

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 07:37 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/APVzz

    Enabling above 4g decoding busts my bios, distorting the screen so much I have to remember where options are to enable or disable them but still allowing me to boot to windows just fine. I can get the bios back to normal if I disable that option, I'm having trouble getting the motherboard to see my cards.

    I tried to return the board today, the staff reset the bios and the problem apparently went away but the second I reapplied the 4g decoding setting, the problem returned and I'm no closer to getting all 3 1070ti's properly recognized and running.

    submitted by /u/AscendantPrivilege
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone buy mini GPUs? If you have enough fans , are they just as good or are there downsides?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 07:08 PM PDT

    I often see single-fan / "mini" GPUs for sale for cheaper on sites like eBay, and am tempted to get one. But I can't tell if there's a downside...do they wear out faster? Are they slower? Do they run hotter or less efficiently?

    All the pics I see on this subreddit are of full-size / dual-fan GPUs but from what I've read from the wiki and other articles I can't tell why people are opting for one over the other.

    submitted by /u/mtbfreerider182
    [link] [comments]

    Dual Server PSU usage

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 05:44 PM PDT

    I know this is for an Antminer question, but I personally think this is the most helpful mining sub I've been in.

    Trying to power an Antminer A3.

    Can I get a 1200w and a 750w (server PSUs) and plug those into separate cards? I'll plug in the 1200w to two boards, and the 750w to one board. I'm on a 110v outlet and 15 amp breaker.

    submitted by /u/sunelt13
    [link] [comments]

    Asus Prime Z270-A vs GIGABYTE GA-B250-FinTech vs ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ vs ASUS B250 MINING EXPERT, which is the better motherboard to use and why?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 03:53 PM PDT

    Hello out of the four motherboard options:

    Which is the better motherboard to use and why?

    I just want to be able to run 12 graphic cards on one motherboard without crashes or downtime and ease of use. Whichever can help me maintain that, that's what I will buy. If any of you have had experience with any of these 4 motherboards please share your experience.

    I already have an Asus Prime Z270-A and like it, but I was hoping to use something like the Gigabyte GA-250-Fintech since it's new and has 12 pcie slots so I don't need to use things like 1 to 4 pcie extensions or m.2 to pcie

    submitted by /u/BIGDICKTAKER
    [link] [comments]

    Help me identify part for mining frame?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 03:08 PM PDT

    I ordered a frame in eBay which came with lots of missing bits and bolts. I was able to identify other parts and got them, but this is one think I can't find anywhere or know what it is called.

    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1lmft8yTdlS1nJo8XtYoWSIHwDSJ_M_a9

    submitted by /u/turk-fx
    [link] [comments]

    rx570 bios.

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 03:06 PM PDT

    hey all im trying to flash a bios to a card. MSI armor rx570 im getting this:

    04:49 PM ethos@4f7854 192.168.2.54 [202.7 hash] /home/ethos # sudo atiflash -pa Anoraks_MSI\ RX\ 570\ 4GB\ ARMOR\ Hynix\ Elpida_memshift-1750.rom BIOS file: Anoraks_MSI RX 570 4GB ARMOR Hynix Elpida_memshift-1750.rom update adapters with BIOS P/N 113-V34121-X3

    checking parameters is missing

    0 adapters updated Adapter not found

    this is my card:
    card info: GPU0:02.00.0:Radeon RX 570:113-V34122-X3:Elpida EDW4032BABG:GDDR5:Polaris10
    shouldnt this work?

    submitted by /u/slackwaresupport
    [link] [comments]

    Is my house going to burn down

    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 02:19 PM PDT

    I have an Antminer A3 (110v outlet) and a rig with 2x 1080tis & 1x 1070 (1000w PSU) plugged into the same circuit. I have the antminer plugged into a Tripp-Lite just in case. I'm on a 15amp breaker in my room.

    Will my house burn down if I leave them plugged in? I read some stuff about there not being enough amperage on a single circuit for this kind of power draw. I'm awful at electrical stuff.

    ALSO: is it okay to run my APW3++ on a 110v for my A3? If this IS a problem, how should I be more careful?

    I'm at my college townhouse right now and will be moving out in 1.5 months so this is temporary.

    submitted by /u/sunelt13
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment