• Breaking News

    Friday, March 9, 2018

    GPU Mining 64 card Crawl space GPU farm!

    GPU Mining 64 card Crawl space GPU farm!


    64 card Crawl space GPU farm!

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 09:28 PM PST

    New 1080 ti fresh from Amazon

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 04:38 PM PST

    Would love to hear from some miners who have been at it for years about the current situation

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 10:33 PM PST

    I have been mining since about June of 2017. I saw the difficulty skyrocket (due to difficulty bombs in ETH) in late summer/fall and a lot of people selling rigs or parting out rigs. In mid fall an ETH hard fork increased mining rewards by about 25%, followed by a massive bull run in ETH and many other alts. The mining profits were great then and cards were readily available at MSRP. I personally tripled my mining operation then. Now we see the price dropping (almost certainly a very temporary market move) and the difficulty skyrocketing, leaving miners with significantly less rewards.

    I would love to hear from some miners who have been at it for a lot longer than I have about times when their projections and returns looked bad and how bad they were compares to the current situation.

    I for one am not worried at all since I am so bullish on crypto, but I run a business selling miners and it's tougher to sell when the ROI projections are wack AF.

    submitted by /u/Deepseaminer
    [link] [comments]

    Super budget 6x 1050ti cat proof rig.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 09:50 AM PST

    Ethereum mining less than 1$/day per card

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 06:30 PM PST

    Cheapest RX 580 = $459

    Eth Mining Difficulty = 3.24 TH all time high.

    Eth coin price = 660 and dropping.

    The breakeven (not ROI stop confusing the two) on a 580 right now is well over a year. After electricity costs my 6 card eth mining rig made 5.86 dollars today!

    Happy mining!

    submitted by /u/Veecious
    [link] [comments]

    Altminer.net - completely gone. Deleted site & social media.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 11:02 PM PST

    cast-xmr+Rejected Nonces+VEGA 64s from hell

    Posted: 09 Mar 2018 07:44 AM PST

    Ive spent over 24 hours trying to optimise my Vegas, not for hash but for submitted hash success rates.

    I've got 6 XFX Vega 64s on this rig, ive followed the powerplay table method suggested by /u/hellae (very helpful to get the hash rates over 2k and minimizing the power consumption) however about 20% of my submitted results fail. I keep seeing "Rejected, Nonce Invalid" below the one or two specific GPUs for which i presume those results belong to them, cast-xmr doesnt provide per gpu summary. The overall summary stats also show all being "computational errors". Funny thing is the same GPUs produce accepted hashes too. I get about 2020 hashes and long term average of about 1999 and on 6 GPUs i should average about 12k however with 20% fail -it literally renders one of my cards as ineffective.

    I moved those two cards into a test platform, no invalid nonces and all are literally successes. The drivers are all the same (aug 23), im using the 1100 mem with the OverDriverNTool just as suggested on the guides. This is driving me crazy as there is nothing i can do to get it fixed. I switched from nanopool (mining etn) to NiceHash and its the same so it cant be pool as its computation error anyways.

    Any input is welcome as i am beginning to regret getting these vegas tbh, took me so long to setup with the BSOD and freezes, and now this.

    Btw, my last try was with a fresh windows setup etc so it cannot be a driver bug. I even suspect my motherboard (Asrock h81 btc pro) and will swap the motherboard tomorrow to see if it helps.

    submitted by /u/AlienInNewTehran
    [link] [comments]

    Atari confirms Atari Token cryptocurrency blockchain platform will be on the upcoming AMD powered AtariBox gaming console.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2018 07:37 AM PST

    Snippets taken from this release, sorry translated through google as I don't speak French. :)

    http://www.atari-investisseurs.fr/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/CP-2018-03-08-Strategie-GDC-VDEF.pdf

    Although suspected, this is the first time I have seen them put pen to paper confirming the AMD powered, Flextronics built, Ataribox console will indeed work with their blockchain currency projects.

    They will be releasing more details at the GDC conference being held in San Fransisco March 19-23rd.

    submitted by /u/PowerDubs
    [link] [comments]

    Started GPU mining today...

    Posted: 09 Mar 2018 07:36 AM PST

    Not sure what got into me but I woke up at 7am this morning and downloaded NiceHash and got to it. I already own a GTX 1080 for gaming so I don't need to earn enough to break even on hardware costs and I pay something like $0.28/kWh so this should only cost about $38 I'm electricity costs a month... but probably less when you consider that PC is consuming energy regardless if I'm mining or not.

    I've earned about 25 cents so far doing absolutely nothing and something about it feels great. NiceHash seems like the easiest way to do this... but is there a more profitable way to mine with a single 1080 that's actually worth the effort?

    I'd rather not have to be on top of the daily ups and downs of the market and have to make constant tweaks to my rig for maximum efficiency.

    submitted by /u/heepofsheep
    [link] [comments]

    Easy to Use MoBo for 6-8 GPU Rig

    Posted: 09 Mar 2018 06:50 AM PST

    Hi guys,

    Wondering what is a good mobo to get for a 6-8 gpu rig. It seems like everyone has their own personal favorite brand or model.

    Would like to know what some of you guys have good experience with. I've been eyeing the Biostar TB250-BTC but not sure.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_FROGS_MY_DUDES
    [link] [comments]

    My rig is a sadist

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 11:49 AM PST

    Rig: "Hey man, you got plans tonight?"

    Me: "Nah, probably just sit here and stare at MPH and Whattomine all night. You good?"

    Rig: "Yeah, for sure. Like, super good. Like 6 kH/s good."

    Me: "Sweet. Check on you later."

    Next night.

    Rig: "Hey man, you got plans tonight?"

    Me: "Yeah, thought about having a few pints with the boys. You good?"

    Rig: "Dude, soooooooo good. Have fun."

    30 minutes later.

    Gmail: Awesome Miner - Mining process not running, initiating restart

    Gmail: Awesome Miner - Miner offline

    submitted by /u/10kinds
    [link] [comments]

    Do you split up your profits into various wallets for increased security?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2018 06:33 AM PST

    I was thinking of splitting up my BTC earnings into two wallets for double the security, sound smart?

    submitted by /u/charlottefuntimes
    [link] [comments]

    My electricity coming back on puts a huge smile on my face especially when my entire portfolio is shit right now lol

    Posted: 09 Mar 2018 05:51 AM PST

    Wall-mounted heater/crypto rig.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2018 05:44 AM PST

    I think GPU mining is dead

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 07:00 PM PST

    For the hobbyist the end is near

    submitted by /u/jaber2
    [link] [comments]

    Open Air PC Case With Cat Hair Protection Meshified

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 11:35 AM PST

    Today I stopped mining

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 02:10 PM PST

    Because it no longer covers electricity.

    What do you guys plan on doing with all your gpu's if you have to stop mining too?

    submitted by /u/ob7dev
    [link] [comments]

    The 4x 1080ti rig really got after it today.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 02:54 PM PST

    where to sell gpu mining rig in Australia?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 08:15 PM PST

    Hi, i was wondering where the best marketplace would be to sell my gpu rig in Australia would be? Gumtree does not let you sell anything related to crypto currencies and the ebay sell limit does not let me sell my rig as its too expensive. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Tyral11
    [link] [comments]

    Yiimp Pools: Can someone explain "Current Estimate" and "24Hours Estimated" values?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 01:45 PM PST

    When using the API of yiimp pools (or looking on the table with the algos) there are 3 columns called

    • estimate_current
    • estimate_last24h
    • actual_last24h

    I know that the actual is a value like mBTC/GH/day, but what are the other two? they differ highly from the actual_last24h so what's the point of those?

    submitted by /u/ActionSmurf
    [link] [comments]

    China's "two sessions" are opening in Beijing, will there be stricter rules on mining or cryptocurrency industry?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 07:09 PM PST

    The first session of the 13th national people's congress has commenced in China. Some say they can't visit some exchanges like huobi.pro. Will there be stricter rules in China? Last time I see similar messages like this, China is planning to limit electricity to Bitcoin miners, and government bodies have expressed concern about energy usage. Like Viabtc, they said" Recently, due to policy changes, some of our long-term hosting partners are facing a crisis of farm closure as mining resources in Mainland China become more scarce, leading to rocketing costs of our cloud mining operation. To guarantee the long run of cloud mining, ViaBTC has no choice but have to readjust our maintenance fees. " S9 contracts maintenance fee ratio for S9 contracts was just adjusted from 6% to 50%. They offerred choice for users to redeem contracts. Fortunately that I gave up the idea of redeeming these S9 contracts from viabtc. They have resumed maintenance fee of S9 cloud mining contracts, bringing it down from 50% to the original 6%, just as promised. China accounts for around 70 percent of the mining capacity. Will there be greater effect on Crypto after two sessions in China?

    submitted by /u/hammerlea
    [link] [comments]

    Socket Closing? Help?!

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 12:34 PM PST

    Undervolting AMD

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 06:16 PM PST

    I am working on undervolting an RX570. First I tried to use WattTool, but it did not seem to work. The offset box had N/A inside and no changes made there had any effect. Now I am using OverdriveNTool. I am changing the mV value under P7. At a certain point, this seems to have no effect as well. No matter what I set this to, the VDDC in GPU-Z will not go under 0.8875V. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/WalterMagnum
    [link] [comments]

    Are my speeds correct with my setup?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 06:15 PM PST

    Great sub I'm also a relative noob so I appreciate the great community in here! I have a 4 GPU rig 2x EVGA black 1080ti's and 2 1080 founders edition GPU's.
    I have the 1080ti's at 75% core +100 mem +800
    I have the 1080's 75% core +100 mem +300
    Nicehash is showing my equihash at 2.37 kH/s
    and lyra runs at 234.25 MH/s
    Do those number sound right?

    submitted by /u/Nixon51
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment