• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 4, 2018

    BTC Paid a beer using Bitcoin Cash in Paris, adoption is real!

    BTC Paid a beer using Bitcoin Cash in Paris, adoption is real!


    Paid a beer using Bitcoin Cash in Paris, adoption is real!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 08:18 AM PST

    First it was Satoshi Dice, now someone else has sent a 100 BCH donation to the Bitcoin Cash Fund!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 05:50 PM PST

    TIL: The Telegram messaging app will let you send 1GB videos, while Bitcoin Core is busy telling the world that blocks larger than 1MB are hard for the network to handle.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 05:34 PM PST

    I just spotted a Bitcoin Cash ATM in Ho Chi Minh City, VIETNAM! OMG!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 11:16 AM PST

    Bitcoin.com is building a hardware wallet to compete with Trezor and Ledger

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 11:53 AM PST

    A old man asked me about Bitcoin at timmies ...

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 03:17 PM PST

    I was meeting with somebody interested in mining crypto, he wanted to ask me for some advice. So we met at Tim Hortons. After the meeting the older man who was sitting next to us asked me about Bitcoin when I was about to leave.

    He said: "In the old days I was the techie, I would manage the film projector at a school. But when the computers showed up I lost track of it all. (all the new technology). What is Bitcoin, how do I get Bitcoin?"

    So I talked a little bit about fiat money, central banking ,etc etc.
    Not to far in the conversation I realized I should just show him how Bitcoin works in practise.

    Initially I asked if I could install an app on his phone so he could receive the BCH. But he did not trust that.

    So I got my laptop out of my back pack and opened up Electron Cash. I generated a new wallet with a new seed, and wrote the words down on a piece of paper. All while explaining Bitcoin:

    "It's a big book with account numbers and coins connected to these numbers. Sending Bitcoin is just updating these numbers. Removing coins from one address and adding them to another address"

    I then opened my yours.org wallet and send 0.00019531 BCH to the first address generated by the seed. I then deleted the wallet from my computer.

    There on a piece of paper where 12 words. The secret needed to move this tiny amount of BCH.

    We talked a little bit and I told him about the benefits and also about the detriments of this new financial system. I told him how to download the bitcoin.com app and import the seed and how he needs to keep it a secret. (or not, it's only 0.25 USD)

    Then he bought me a donut, and thanked me for taking some time out of my day to explain a little bit about Bitcoin.

    These interactions are giving me a lot of faith in a Bitcoin Cash movement. Everybody is interested now and wants to listen to me. That was so different (2011-2017). So now is the time to share with anybody those reasons why we get so excited about this technology. Everybody is willing to listen now. For now, we are at peak interest!

    submitted by /u/Kain_niaK
    [link] [comments]

    The 2.0 bar in Paris is now the first bar in Paris to accept Bitcoin Cash as a form of payment

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 08:23 AM PST

    Spotted in the wild :)

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 07:05 PM PST

    Sound familiar?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 03:09 PM PST

    SatoshiDice, the world's most popular Bitcoin game has shown our support for Bitcoin Cash by donating 100 Bitcoin (BCH) to the Bitcoin Cash Fund.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 06:43 AM PST

    My mom is a super BCHero ;)

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 12:51 PM PST

    The Marco Coino app now lists 20 brick-and-mortar merchants that accept BCH.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 02:07 PM PST

    Quarter Million Dollars Already Raised in Bitcoin Cash 48 Hour Challenge

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 02:11 PM PST

    Lightning network still needs a lot of work • r/lolnet_uncensored

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 05:49 PM PST

    Bitcoin.com wallet cannot broadcast bitpay invoices

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 09:07 PM PST

    https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/81pokb/bitcoincom_wallet_question_cannot_broadcast/?ref=share&ref_source=link

    Ok this looks like a bug in the wallet. I have tried the Mac version and the Android version. Another redditor reported on the iOS version.

    The bitcoin.com wallet seems to have a bug with bitpay invoices. The transaction gets signed but never gets broadcasted.

    Can /u/memorydealers have someone look at this?

    submitted by /u/solitudeisunderrated
    [link] [comments]

    Satoshi Dice just donated 100 BCH to Bitcoin Cash Fund.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 09:36 AM PST

    More Trouble for Coinbase - Another Class Action Lawsuit for "Unfair Business Practices"

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 07:37 PM PST

    It’s not donating, it’s like investing!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 08:44 PM PST

    Game over for Bitcoin Core: Lightning Bitcoin [LBTC] is coming ��

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 03:13 PM PST

    Fuck every fuckin shill and troll

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 05:56 PM PST

    I'm so fucking drunk right now. Just wanted to say: Fuck you, you Dragon Den Shill. We don't give two fucks about ypu.

    submitted by /u/themadscientistt
    [link] [comments]

    Why we need more Bitcoin Cash Keyboard Warriors

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 12:30 PM PST

    Is BTC like buying a Lambo without an engine and holding it as a store of value?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 09:51 PM PST

    Note: Lambo without an engine still has lots of "store of value."

    submitted by /u/BitcoinCashHoarder
    [link] [comments]

    To those who are stupid enough to store their coins in a Segwit address: "It is not supported. If you had coins in a segwit address, you get zero LBTC"

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 10:47 PM PST

    Bitpay launches BCH funded Visa card!!!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 08:30 AM PST

    Is there an easy way to generate Bitcoin Cash QR codes, with a GREEN logo in the middle?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 01:04 PM PST

    I used this BCH QR code generator, but it generated an orange logo in the middle.

    So I had to use Paint Shop Pro, and change the logo color to green (R71, G133, B89); by using the color replacer, with tolerance set at 125.

    And then I used this below QR code reader, to confirm that the BCH QR code does still generate the original public address

    So it all worked. But is there an easier way, like a BCH QR code generator, that just outputs a QR code with a green BCH logo in the middle?


    UPDATE: Alternate way to do it.

    1) Get a green BCH logo with transparent background.

    2) Use the below website to upload (upper left button) the square-sized logo. Then choose "text", and enter the BCH public address. Generate QR code. Save PNG file to your hard drive.

    3) Use the below website to confirm that the BCH QR Code translates back to the original public address.

    submitted by /u/normal_rc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment