• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 13, 2018

    Ripple Daily Ripple/XRP Discussion Thread 01/13/18 [Questions and Price Predictions]

    Ripple Daily Ripple/XRP Discussion Thread 01/13/18 [Questions and Price Predictions]


    Daily Ripple/XRP Discussion Thread 01/13/18 [Questions and Price Predictions]

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 12:12 AM PST

    Hello! It's Saturday. Welcome to our daily discussion thread. Put your commentary in here.

    Make sure to read the rules before you post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/wiki/rules

    Also, make sure to report any comments or posts that don't follow the rules!

    If you would like to have more discussions with Ripple supporters, please feel free to join our social channels

    Telegram

    Discord, and some features in our Discord:

    • Tweets from ripple official, staff, community contributors and many more;

    • Ripple Employees available to chat

    • Multi-language chat rooms for Ripple supporters all over the world

    The invitation link - https://discord.gg/qgfVERN

    One aspect of our subreddit is clear transparency. If you ever feel like a moderator is abusing their position of power please review their actions in our public mod logs here. Make a modmail if you discover any issues or mods overstepping their roles.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Why Ripple Is Still Bound For Coinbase (Eventually)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 03:16 PM PST

    Craigslist is on it!

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 06:53 PM PST

    The CEO of Ripple Will Join “Yahoo Finance All Markets Summit: Crypto” on February 7

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 06:02 AM PST

    Response to the thread declaring the factors that give Ripple its "actual underlying value"

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 01:37 AM PST

    A recent thread by /u/galgitron highlighted 6 factors he/she believes determines "the actual underlying value of XRP, irrespective of speculation". The thread received a standing ovation in the comments and was awarded multiple golds.

    However, the thread did not fill me with any confidence or appear particularly insightful. Here are the 6 factors cited by /u/galgitron as driving "underlying value" given in order of influence:

    1. Whale bots

    2. Whale collaboration

    3. Insider trading

    4. Scandal

    5. Speculation

    6. Product quality

    Of these factors, I would say only 1 has anything to do with the underlying value, and that is ranked as having the lowest importance: product quality.

    There is a real risk of talking at cross-purposes here, because "underlying value" is a vague term. When I hear someone talk about the "underlying value" of a cryptocurrency, I think about the utility, adoption, target market and governance of the product.

    What /u/galgitron has given us is a list of things that determine current price, not value. I'm not really sure what their intention was, and I am not even sure if they know what their intention was either. The title says that they want to examine the value "irrespective of speculation", then include speculators as one of the driving forces of said value. Which is it?

    Other than product quality, the list of factors given is depressing. It seems to essentially imply that the underlying value of XRP is driven by manipulation. I don't want to hold a coin whose value is derived from manipulation, because what good is that for anyone other than a successful whale? That isn't value. I want to hold a coin that is valuable because it is useful and has a large network effect.

    In no particular order, I see the value of XRP as coming from the following factors:

    1. Brand recognition. Love it or hate it, everyone knows XRP.

    2. Technology/product quality. XRP is quick and scalable, meaning that it can be deployed right now without waiting for network upgrades that might never come. They also have carefully curated platforms like xRapid to support adoption of the technology.

    3. Ripple's list of clients. Ripple's business relationships are second to none in the cryptocurrency space.

    4. The team. Brad is a smooth-talking PR guy who looks great on TV. David is a living legend in the field of cryptography. Other than these leading figures, they have a massive employee base of people working hard on a single goal.

    5. Ripple's bottomless pit of money. They can deploy huge resources to drive adoption.

    6. Governance centralisation. Not good if you want to build a new bitcoin, but great if you're trying to make business decisions to drive adoption of your product.

    7. XRP's reputation. Yes, it is a bank coin, which aligns perfectly with its target market.

    8. Liquidity. XRP daily volume is increasing steadily and will continue to grow as it gains adoption. That gives users the ability to get in and out of the market easily and cheaply.

    submitted by /u/AlexanderSupersloth
    [link] [comments]

    Anti-FUD Squad: Ripple Released Last Year's Q4 Report on January 24th, 2017.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 09:20 PM PST

    See: https://ripple.com/insights/q4-2016-xrp-markets-report/

    A lot of people were expecting the Q4 report, with the "two household names" to come out at the end of December. Why? Probably because they have no previous experience in investing.

    A Q4 report has to come out AFTER Q4 has actually closed, and even then, it takes some time to assemble everything.

    Judging by the release date of last year's report, I expect this year's Q4 report to be released around the same time, so that would put us between the 22nd-24th of January.

    I expect investors to start accumulating again, as this date draws ever closer, to ride the wave of good news that will inevitably come out.

    submitted by /u/rabidmonkey1
    [link] [comments]

    Ripple XRP is now being utilized in diverse sectors in the real-world

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 07:03 AM PST

    Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse Speaking at Yahoo Finance Crypto Summit in NYC

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 10:02 AM PST

    MOTLEY FOOL: Here's why Bitcoin should be terrified of Ripple

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 06:12 AM PST

    Thanks r/Ripple

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 07:49 AM PST

    First post on here, but been following forever without an account. Got into XRP at $0.12 and its all thanks to you guys for having easy information in how to purchase XRP when I was very new to the crypto world. The amount of information you guys churn out is amazing and I hope to give back to this great community. HODL on my friends

    submitted by /u/XRPMoonBound
    [link] [comments]

    $300 USD Ether -> $272 USD Ripple. That seem about right?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 06:44 PM PST

    I bought $300 USD of Ether via Coinbase. I transfered to Binance, exchanged to Ripple, and transferred to my Toast wallet. This all took about 15 minutes, tops. By the end of it all, I had about $272 USD worth of Ripple.

    So, my questions, if I decide to exchange more ETH/BTC to XRP, is there a better way? I lost about $28 USD in fees and exchange rate adjustments. Should I have gone a different route?

    submitted by /u/Trev_Holland
    [link] [comments]

    "The Cost-Cutting Case for Banks" by Ripple Labs - How many of you have read this?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 06:32 PM PST

    The actual paper can be found here: https://ripple.com/files/xrp_cost_model_paper.pdf  

    Published February 2016

     

    I thought this was a very interesting read from the Ripple team and is a good reply to anyone saying that 'banks won't use XRP'. A lot of the assertions made in this report are backed with sources which are referenced.

     

    If you don't have the time to read through it all, I'll highlight the bits that I feel FUDers are so fixated on.

     

    Page 7 -

    Institutional Cost Savings Using Ripple [protocol, non-XRP use]  

    With Ripple, our respondent bank minimizes settlement delays and can realize 33% cost savings, or 6.8 bps total on international volume.  

    • Based on Ripple cost analysis, normalized by annual payment volume and vetted by active banking and consulting partners, 2016

     

    Page 9 -

    Institutional Cost Savings Using Ripple and XRP  

    Using XRP (even assuming initially high volatility), our respondent bank can realize 42% cost savings compared to the current system or 8.8 bps total on international volume.  

    • This assertion is based on a bank converting 50% of its payments-related float into XRP after implementing Ripple

    • Based on Ripple cost analysis, normalized by annual payment volume and vetted by active banking and consulting partners, 2016

     

    I'm not one to shill so I'll let you make your own decision as to whether financial institutions would want to use XRP or not.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_UR_CAR
    [link] [comments]

    Kraken Returns with Free Trading

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 05:18 AM PST

    bitfinex just bought 50,000,000 $XRP

    Posted: 12 Jan 2018 11:12 PM PST

    Where can you even buy ripple now?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 09:29 AM PST

    After more than a year of watching ripple and other cryptos I've decided to get my feet wet, but I keep on hitting dead ends when it comes to finding an exchange or getting sketchy vibes from places like Kraken. Almost everything I see recommends buy bitcoin or ethereum on coinbase then transfering it to binance to buy ripple.

    First problem is that coinbase has me living in Colombia (where I work although I'm a US citizen) where bitcoin transactions are not allowed. When I try to change my country I get a message that my ID type isn't supported even though I'm using my valid passport. So I can't even buy ethereum or bitcoin.

    Furthermore it looks like Binance isn't accepting new registrations so I'm not even sure where I would exchange for ripple even if I did have bitcoin. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/TheGreatAte
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible for XRP to become a main currency, and my thoughts on the thread.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 10:28 AM PST

    Hey all, after wandering around Reddit, look through the various crypto currency threads, I realized that most of them are pretty shit, especially in terms of community. Then I stumbled across this thread, and I must say that the whole vibe around here is much more enjoyable.

    The reason I'm saying that, is because I personally have never interacted much with Reddit, only occasional posting something. As such, I'd like to be part of this community, if that makes any sense. I feel like threads like these are perfect for (actual) discussion.

    That being said, I'm pretty new to this whole crypto thing, and only recently did I actually buy into it (XRP). If anyone can give me resources to learn more about it, be it in investing or on the actual technology behind it, would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/monotune
    [link] [comments]

    Why Banks NEED To Use XRP.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 10:25 AM PST

    The link to the actual story about XRP being accepted at WCCC.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 09:18 AM PST

    Analysis: Environmental Impact of Bitcoin Vs Ripple

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 07:59 AM PST

    Crypto Conferences and News coverage.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 05:30 PM PST

    Hey all, hope your new years was well. I've been holding some XRP since the day before Christmas and I'm extremely happy with quadrupling my investment and I believe in this coin and the team behind it, I still plan on buying more and more. I've seen some news that there's a few conferences around the world relating to crypto's and what their plans are going forward. Can I get some more information or what/who to follow to stay up to date? Thank you all.

    submitted by /u/PacificTomb
    [link] [comments]

    Fake "Crypto Experts"

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 10:40 AM PST

    A month before 2018 I started to show some interest in the cryptocurrency world and I began to watch videos, get some information about wallets, blockchains etc... I know I'm not an expert but after almost two months I can say that I have more idea than the average people that hasn't invested. Around the last week of December I bought some xrp and when class started again in January I told my friends. Suddenly, everyone became a crypto expert and started saying lots of crazy stuff. For example:

    -Bitcoin is a bubble and by the end of the year it's going to be $3k again

    -Bitcoin is going to crash because a new coin has came out (like dozens of coins don't come out every day)

    -OMG YOU'VE LOST 4 CENTS ALREADY, SELL IT ALL!

    -How do you know binance is a trustworthy page? It could be a scam...

    They get on my nerves Everytime someone with no idea at all about the crypto world comes up to me and tries to explain my why what I'm doing it's wrong and what should I do. Again, I know I'm not an expert but I don't like when people with less idea than me suddenly become the Stephen Hawking of crypto.

    Does this happen to any of you? I'd like to know!

    PS: I'm not an English speaker so I'm sorry if I made any mistakes...

    submitted by /u/nasamigra
    [link] [comments]

    Ripple stands a good chance of overtaking bitcoins $230billion market capitalisation if it manages to hit a price tag of $7

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 06:12 PM PST

    Kraken is back up!!

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 03:34 AM PST

    Portuguese branch of Santander blocks Bitcoin-related transactions but reportedly "processes transactions in Ripple's XRP token."

    Posted: 12 Jan 2018 10:30 PM PST

    Help with Nano Ledger S

    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 08:00 PM PST

    Hi, I am trying to setup my Nano Ledger S using a chromebook and chrome OS. I have everything setup on my nano ledger s and have ripple installed on it. However i can't figure out the ripple wallet part. i see the bitcoin wallet and ethereum wallet in the chrome app store however, i do not see the ripple wallet. I also do not see a link from the ledger website to download the wallet for Chrome OS. I have tried using the search bar and google to resolve the issue but cant find any answers. Any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/jmines53
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment