• Breaking News

    Monday, January 1, 2018

    Ripple Daily Ripple/XRP Discussion Thread 01/01/18 [Questions and Price Predictions]

    Ripple Daily Ripple/XRP Discussion Thread 01/01/18 [Questions and Price Predictions]


    Daily Ripple/XRP Discussion Thread 01/01/18 [Questions and Price Predictions]

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 12:18 AM PST

    Hello! It's Monday. Welcome to our daily discussion thread. Put your commentary in here.

    Make sure to read the rules before you post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/wiki/rules

    Also, make sure to report any comments or posts that don't follow the rules!

    If you would like to have more discussions with Ripple supporters, please feel free to join our social channels

    Telegram

    Discord, and some features in our Discord:

    • Tweets from ripple official, staff, community contributors and many more;

    • Ripple Employees available to chat

    • Multi-language chat rooms for Ripple supporters all over the world

    The invitation link - https://discord.gg/qgfVERN

    One aspect of our subreddit is clear transparency. If you ever feel like a moderator is abusing their position of power please review their actions in our public mod logs here. Make a modmail if you discover any issues or mods overstepping their roles.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Buying with RIPPLE in WALMART using CENTRA Cryptocurrency Card!!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:49 PM PST

    As of Jan 1st 2018, if you have more than 3,428 XRP, you belong in the top 10% of all XRP holders. In Dec 1st 2017, this was 4,419

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 10:54 AM PST

    So much momentum, mainstream media is taking notice: Ripple featured in the Guardian UK [31st of December 17]

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 02:38 PM PST

    XRP will be used with banks who use the Ripple technology.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 04:36 PM PST

    Kind of a shit title now that I think about it but there seems to be a lot of FUD going around about how XRP is basically worthless as it wont be used and that the real value of Ripple is in the technology they sell. I decided to do some research on this. I recall an interview with Brad Garlinghouse saying that an increase of value of XRP is essential for liquidity, but I couldn't find it. Instead I found quite a lot of other good info

    "For Ripple, we use this digital asset, called XRP, to settle liquidity needs between banks. So today, there's $27 trillion parked at different banks around the world, so they can make payments between each other. Our view is that you can use a digital asset like XRP to do that in real-time."

    "So it just passes through that currency for that period of time?"

    "That's correct"

    (https://youtu.be/vnGNycbhJlE?t=10m2s)

    Banks will most likely create their own token for use with their private ledgers to use with the Interledger protocall. It doesn't matter if a bank uses their own token with the Interledger protocol as it will pass through their own token as well as XRP.

    Check out this image: https://interledger.org/rfcs/shared/graphs/protocol-suite.svg

    This site provides a lot of info on how the ILP will function.

    It makes complete sense for a bank to create a token (new ledger) for use with interledger protocol technology.

    submitted by /u/Al_Rhundi
    [link] [comments]

    Ripple has big plans for China

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:14 PM PST

    Ripple was announced to be the Best Performing Cryptocurrency of 2017!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 10:31 AM PST

    2018 brings 6 potential price hikes for Ripple...

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 04:08 AM PST

    It's the new year and like most of you I am sat daydreaming with my partner at what could happen, but we actually have 6 good indications of when the price may go up this year already...

    1. Japanese banks officially adopting xrp (January 31st)

    2. Amex adopting Ripple and xrp (Within 6 months)

    3. Announcement of two household names joining Ripple and hopefully xrp (asap / should have been last week?)

    4. Coinbase confirming the listing of xrp (Currently speculation)

    5. Coinbase listing xrp (This will bring the biggest hike)

    6. Overtaking Bitcoin on marketcap

    So whether it's an increase of $1 or $20 I wish you all a very profitable new year x

    ...

    Edit: I'm getting a few direct messages demanding that I provide sources for my points above...

    Please can you keep in mind the use of the word POTENTIAL in the title. This post was to say that 2018 is already looking like a positive year for xrp and even if just one of these points comes into fruition, the price will go up.

    Also I am not associated with anyone else on this site or shilling to get the price up... I mean wow.

    Some helpful links:

    1. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/asia.nikkei.com/amp/Business/Deals/Japan-South-Korea-blockchain-payments-enter-trials-Friday

    2. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/11/16/american-express-santander-team-up-with-ripple-on-blockchain-platform.html

    3. https://twitter.com/joelkatz/status/943638218984996865?lang=en

    submitted by /u/leannekera
    [link] [comments]

    Confirmed news for 2018 (with sources)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 07:13 AM PST

    Some good confirmed news for 2018:

    1. DMM Japanese exchange to list XRP (January 11th)

    2. Blockchain Conference [Speaker: Brad Garlinghouse] (January 26th) : (for 1 and 2) http://coinmarketcal.com/?form%5Bmonth%5D=&form%5Byear%5D=&form%5Bcoin%5D%5B%5D=Ripple+%28XRP%29&form%5Bsort_by%5D=&form%5Bsubmit%5D=

    3. The cross-border trials(Japan-South Korea) are set to run through Jan. 31, and if all goes well, the banks plan to send money using Ripple's XRP digital currency: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/14/ripple-surges-89-percent-in-single-day-briefly-becomes-third-biggest-digital-currency.html

    4. SBI Holdings to launch exchange adding XRP: https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2017/12/125574-sbi-holdings-huobi-group-partner-cryptocurrency-related-services-asia-will-launch-digital-assets-exchange/

    5. Announcement of two household names. (confirmed by David Schwartz)

    6. AMEX adopting Ripple and XRP: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/16/american-express-santander-team-up-with-ripple-on-blockchain-platform.html

    7. XRP usage by SBI (spring): http://news.tv-asahi.co.jp/news_economy/articles/000116776.html

    PS: Apologies for the previous post.

    submitted by /u/Panosmek
    [link] [comments]

    [Media] 3 Dow Stocks Betting Big on Blockchain (Mentions Ripple's partnerships with American Express and Banco Santander)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 06:46 PM PST

    I built a minimal, real-time XRP price ticker and calculator

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 09:12 AM PST

    Who else is feeling a bit obsessed with XRP?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 09:43 PM PST

    Most of the time I find myself checking the price of XRP like every 30 seconds. That or I'm seeing what people are talking about on r/Ripple. If I go to the store and buy something I think about how much XRP I'm spending. When I go out for a smoke and look up at the moon, I think of XRP. Lately my dreams have been about XRP. Also bought the domain xrpprice.ca but I don't even know what to put on it. Anyone else feeling a bit obsessed with XRP?

    submitted by /u/frikin_booya
    [link] [comments]

    Yahoo Finance covering XRP.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:38 AM PST

    Ripple, the Inadvertent Cryptocurrency, Approaching the Point of Flippening

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 02:16 PM PST

    Best way to purchase XRP with USD?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 02:38 PM PST

    i've read different things about purchasing XRP. i can purchase on exchanges such as Bitstamp, Kraken, etc. or through Coinbase by purchasing bitcoin, then transferring to Binance and then to XRP.

    some people go the Coinbase route, while others go the exchange route. what are some advantages/disadvantages of both?

    seems like going through Coinbase/Binance is doing extra steps if you want to cash out quickly at the price you want, but then i've read some negative info regarding the exchanges as well.

    thanks for the help

    submitted by /u/Fedor_Gavnyukov
    [link] [comments]

    Long Term Safe Wallet for Ripple XRP

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 12:56 PM PST

    I am not a heavy Crypto invester - meaning I only have ripple and some LiteCoin. And don't intend to get in the 4 digits investing. Thus, a Nano Ledger S is not something I want to put extra money into.

    I've seen various posts about wallets. I plan to hold onto my ripple for a while to see how the prices go up.

    Is Toast Wallet safe to use for a lengthy period -a year or more?

    What's an alternative to a Long Term safe wallet other than the Nano Ledger S?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/yajisama
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I get verified to buy Ripple

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:29 PM PST

    So I've been trying to buy ripple for the last week and a half maybe but cannot seem to get verified, Bitstamp has said pending for a week, Gatehub never sends me text confirmations, and other market places I've tried are not available in the US. I've seen some other market places but they're a little suspicious and don't like to throw my money around not reputable sources, I just want to know if there's any guaranteed way that I can buy ripple before it gets up to high to not be worth it. It's already almost doubled since I've first seen it and I want to jump on already.

    Thanks for any help

    submitted by /u/sanyork
    [link] [comments]

    The Ripple/Korea Connection?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:06 AM PST

    Hi everyone, I just wanted to do a quick summary/overview of all of the Ripple-related developments coming out of South Korea in recent weeks.

    1) 40-50% of XRP trading is XRP/KRW (Korean Won, national currency of South Korea). https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/#markets (scroll down to the Markets section)

    2) South Korea is known to be one of the frontrunners in mainstream cryptocurrency adoption. 31% of all South Korean employees have invested in cryptocurrency. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpujD_zseMI

    3) The XRP/KRW cash transfer viral video on this subreddit is real-world proof of one of XRP's use-cases on a consumer level, that is to say, the INSTANT transfer of XRP into fiat cash at an ATM. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtl_BWSWkwo

    4) Cross-border tests of Ripple's tech by a consortium of 61 Japanese and Korean banks is or has occurred (not sure on the time frame of this one).

    5) Despite the South Korean government's recent announcement of anti-cryptocurrency regulations, Ripple XRP actually reached its all-time high during the frenzy of this regulation announcement, while Bitcoin and other traditional cryptos suffered. Indeed, right around the time of this announcement, Bitcoin almost immediately sunk to an all-time-low of market dominance (38-40% at that time I think), while Ripple soared to an all-time-high (around 16%). Are South Korean investors jumping the BTC ship and pouring their BTC profits into XRP? If so, why? What do the South Koreans know about XRP that we don't? Is the tide turning in South Korea? Is this the pivotal shift from BTC to XRP in the world's most crypto-friendly nation?

    submitted by /u/BadwaterBunion
    [link] [comments]

    XRP is looking very promising in 2018! Zero doubt~

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 02:12 AM PST

    Future Withdrawals to Bank (Cashing out)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:59 AM PST

    Disclaimer: Maybe I'm getting way too ahead of myself, but please bear with me. This is a very real question that many of us may have to answer in the coming months or years.

    When trying to come up with a smart exit strategy we have many things to consider:

    • What is my selling point?
    • Do I sell all or percentages?
    • Which exchange to use?
    • What are the withdrawal limits and how often?
    • What are the tax implications?

    All of these I have a general idea of how it will all work. But the one thing I do not know, and cannot find much info on is: How is my bank (US) going to react to getting deposits of up to $25k per day? Possibly deposits every day for weeks.

    There are stories of banks freezing accounts. Will the banks initiate an investigation and get any sort of authority involved? What can we reasonably expect to happen?

    EDIT: After more research it seems that setting up repetitive withdrawals would be seen by banks/IRS as "structuring."

    submitted by /u/gizzledos
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on XRP being used for FOREX?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 07:41 PM PST

    With the inevitability of banks using crypto and the blockchain what do you all think about the possibility of it being used for currency exchange? If banks and or the government create a crypto to represent their nation's currency it would need a way to quickly exchange these currencies.

    In my head I imagine it would work similarly to the way bitcoins and altcoins currently work on exchanges. Trade altcoins for bitcoins, then bitcoins for a different altcoin. Concept would be the same where XRP is the foundation currency for these exchanges, XUSD -> XRP -> XEUR for example.

    This alone seems like it would be a big deal. Thoughts? Opinions? I feel like this is something that is not normally talked about in regards to crypto.

    submitted by /u/Reddit1990
    [link] [comments]

    Why don't any crypto require transaction receipts?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:54 AM PST

    It seems a bit ridiculous that mistyping one character can result in large amounts of money being lost indefinitely. Why not require a confirmation from the wallet within a certain time frame to process the transaction? Could just be a simple "yes I am an xrp wallet" response that is necessary for the transaction to complete.

    I see so many people with currency lost I just don't understand how this isn't a thing yet.

    submitted by /u/Magicalunicorny
    [link] [comments]

    Depositing BTC into Gatehub

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 08:16 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I'm new to /r/Ripple and XRP as a whole. Coming from Bitcoin, I want to buy XRP with BTC.

    What I am trying to do (and currently stuck on) is depositing Bitcoin into my Gatehub wallet to be then traded on their site. I'm just a little bit confused about their system because it keeps telling me to set a trustline. The problem is, I don't have any XRP to begin with and my wallet is not activated with the reserve XRP. According to their FAQ, the Bitcoin cannot be deposited into the wallet because it is not activated.

    Here's where I start going in circles. I am trying to put BTC into Gatehub to buy XRP. It cannot accept BTC until I put XRP into my wallet, which I am trying to get by putting in BTC.

    I feel like I'm missing a step here. I read on other submissions to this sub that Gatehub covers your reserve, but I haven't been able to find this in the FAQ, nor' have I been able to figure out how to get them to do so.

    Can someone point me in the right direction? I feel like a tourist exploring a big city asking locals what the best attraction is, but I'm genuinely clueless and would either like to go through with this or get my BTC back because Gatehub has it right now.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/w8w8
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Ripple, and why I eventually decided that Bitcoin wasn't my "this will be the future"

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 06:56 AM PST

    So...I've been interested in cryptos for a LONG time (even though I didn't invest until recently).

    Anyway, I had a pretty simple question for some people hopefully for knowledgeable than me.

    The reason I decided Ripple was to me, atleast much closer to the "end product" for cryptos was because of it actually being more centralized than say Bitcoin (in the way that there is an actual company behind it).

    My question is... all these cryptos saying about being a way to purchase and replacing credit cards and this and that.

    The greatest factor to me is Fraud Protection...does Ripple or will Ripple ever have some form of protection. IE, I can charge back my credit card... I can cancel a check...I'm protected against bad merchants and theft and such, I can't possibly see any end product of crypto being able to compete until there is some way that those sort of protections can be in place. Is ripple ever able to do this? Or is this on the merchant?

    submitted by /u/nekrosstratia
    [link] [comments]

    Minimum Wallet Balance

    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 10:52 AM PST

    I'm new to XRP. I only have around 24 coins, but I'm not looking to become a millionaire.

    So I know my wallet's supposed to have a minimum of 20 XRP. Does this mean I'm stuck with 20 forever without being able to trade it? Do you think the minimum requirement will lower as Ripple increases in value?

    submitted by /u/grundo1561
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment