• Breaking News

    Friday, December 29, 2017

    Litecoin Ridiculously high fees have finally stopped me buying BTC, and I've just bought my first LTC

    Litecoin Ridiculously high fees have finally stopped me buying BTC, and I've just bought my first LTC


    Ridiculously high fees have finally stopped me buying BTC, and I've just bought my first LTC

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 06:21 AM PST

    After many months of dollar cost averaging into BTC, just this morning I was about to invest another chunk of fiat into it. To my horror, on a transaction of £150 ($202) the network fee was £14 ($19)!! Almost 10%!!

    So I opted against it, and after considering it for a few months I bought LTC. For the same fiat investment, the transaction cost me only 5p (7 cents) on the Litecoin network. About 0.033%!

    And to top it all off, the transaction time was far quicker than what I've been used to with BTC

    I still believe in BTC as a long term store of wealth, however, it's became quite clear to me now that LTC really could replace fiat currency as we know it, unless major improvements are made to the Bitcoin network.

    TL;DR equivalent £150 transaction would have cost me 10% in fees on BTC but I opted for LTC which only cost me 0.033% in fees

    submitted by /u/steve2403
    [link] [comments]

    LITECOIN WILL BE INCLUDED IN BTCPAY (ALTERNATIVE TO BITPAY)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 07:21 AM PST

    LITECOIN - “The Near-Zero Payment Cost”

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 07:15 AM PST

    Help report Fake Ledger Manager in Chrome Web Store. Always check "offered by"

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 02:33 AM PST

    Litecoin/USD pairing to be listed on SCExchange - be cautious please ⚠️

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 07:51 AM PST

    Hey everyone,

    If you're not aware, LTC is on a short list of cryptos to be listed on this new USD pairing exchange called SC Exchange. This may be a 100% legitimate exchange, but it could be a scam. Some other Reddit users did some digging on the creator, so I wanted to put this out there in case you all hadn't seen it yet. Just be cautious and make your own judgement call.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7mthbv/a_warning_about_scexchange_launching_december_31st/?st=JBS29A5E&sh=a677a0d2

    submitted by /u/meekriot
    [link] [comments]

    Couldn't stop watching price chart of Litecoin so I made a portable ticker.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 08:22 AM PST

    Neat - I found ~4 LTC in a wallet I hadn't touched since around 2013.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2017 08:21 PM PST

    Sadly, I'd transferred quite a bit to Cryptsy and lost it when they folded. Still ... a nice find.

    submitted by /u/kickasstimus
    [link] [comments]

    I love how low the fees are!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 10:50 AM PST

    I just sent a little over $500 of BTC and it cost me about $18 bucks in network fees. Well, I also sent 6 LTC which is worth just about $1500 and it only cost me $.06 in network fees. LTC 4TW!

    submitted by /u/INFLUXPictures
    [link] [comments]

    Proof of Work vs Proof of Stake

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 06:23 AM PST

    Proof of Work is where the more energy you put into mining a block gives you more mining power and thus voting power. Proof of Stake is where the more coins you hold, the more mining power you have and thus voting power.

    What do you think is better? When a coin is heavily premined (that is coins are mined before the blockchain is open to the public) and is proof of stake (ETH, XRP), what do you think is more centralized? You need a 51% of the vote to make rules on the blockchain. Premined Proof of Stake is centralization at its finest. ETH was heavily premined/crowdsold. XRP uses a different proof of stake called "Proof of Correctness" in which 80% must agree, but the company owns 70% of the coins...

    There's 4M BTC in Satoshi's vault that have not been touched since Satoshi said he was leaving BTC. If that ever moves, idk what will happen.

    Meanwhile LTC was available to mine directly after the genesis block and the creator of the coin sold off his coins so he's not accused of shilling his coin or conflicts of interests.

    Where do you trust your money?

    Also, proof of work makes a blockchain TRULY immutable. It's much harder to do a 51% attack on Proof of Work when you have to spend electricity to catch up to the other chain. It's really hard to maintain a 51% attack over time. It's much easier to do a 51% attack w/ proof of stake when all you need is money.

    EDIT: I should note that ETH is moving toward proof of stake with their Casper update and is currently proof of work.

    submitted by /u/kailey_hunter
    [link] [comments]

    Finally joined the Cold Side

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 09:08 AM PST

    Litecoin becomes a useful, cheap mechanism for loading Lightning Network channels on top of Bitcoin

    Posted: 28 Dec 2017 10:29 PM PST

    Whoever created litekoin.io thank you :)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 02:49 AM PST

    UK based property photographer, now taking LTC & BTC as a payment method! :-)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 07:44 AM PST

    Bought a phisical litecoin of aliexpress for $1

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 12:00 AM PST

    Ad guys perspective (first reddit post ever)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 07:16 AM PST

    I hold no crypto investments. However, I'm on the sidelines researching, scratching my head and feeling sort of dumb when it comes to the numbers. I'm an ad creative. The field C students fall into either by choice or necessity. So instead of parsing the numbers and analyzing the charts, I'm looking at the branding of the different currencies. What logo would I, as a naive and skeptical consumer, trust when checking out of Amazon or Ebay. What name as a nice ring to it and feels substantial. When I stand back and look at all the logos and read the names of the cryptos, which one do I gravitate towards? Hands down, it's Litecoin. The logos formidable luster, the font that screams speed, the unintimidating name -- all come together to create the holy grail for branding: trust. I know the sparkle of a logo may sound like a dumb reason to choose an investment (again, i said i was dumb), but when you consider that crypto's true value comes from merchants and consumers willingness to utilize it, the notion might not be the dumbest thought thunk. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/gmccann72
    [link] [comments]

    Xinxi Wang cryptic tweet: “I see ethereum will lose its second position soon” - I promise you he’s not talking about Ripple or bcash.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2017 11:22 PM PST

    What implications will BTC’s Lightening network have on LTC?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 10:14 AM PST

    Just a little Litecoin hype for today :)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 10:59 AM PST

    How I'm feeling right now, weee.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 11:53 AM PST

    Interesting read on LTC.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 10:00 AM PST

    Accepting LTC for my Mac on OfferUp.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 07:34 AM PST

    LTC UP 175% THIS MONTH! :0

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 08:59 AM PST

    youtuber AvE layman's take on Bitcoins (and Litecoin)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 10:59 AM PST

    Was searching for "Physical Litecoin" and found this! Thought you guys might like it!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2017 10:45 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment