• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 26, 2017

    GPU Mining Using cold air from outside

    GPU Mining Using cold air from outside


    Using cold air from outside

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 06:18 AM PST

    Hi,

    I have a mining cabinet where i have x graphics cards running. Two exhaust fans and two intake fans (room temperature air). Temperature inside the cabinet is about 40-60'C at the moment. But i dont like the cards reaching 70+'C, so this is why i'm thinking of adding cold air to the mix =)

    The question i have now is, how dangerous is it to use air from outside that can reach (where i live) -30'C from a pipe directly from the window into the mining cabinet. It would still be using room temperatured air.

    The intake pipe wouldn't be that big at all, we're talking a diameter of 10-15cm, and this could be regulated ofcourse from the entrance pipe at the window.

    I'm just curious about moist and what kind of effect this cold air would have on the graphic cards?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Tewdis
    [link] [comments]

    Only 1 of 2 GPUs are recognized on the pc.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 07:20 AM PST

    Both GPUs are spinning and have kights on. One is a r9 390 and other is a rx 480...

    submitted by /u/digi928
    [link] [comments]

    Profit/Loss ROI Excel Spreadsheet

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 07:17 AM PST

    I was about to start putting all my rigs, broken down by individual components, into Excel to better track the ROI. I wanted to add the obvious information such as make and model of the cards, purchase date, where I bought them, serial number and all of the typical stuff. I know what I have spent but I'm looking at selling a few 1080 Ti's and adding more 1070 Ti's. So having all of this in Excel would make tracking these things much easier.

    Before I spend the time doing this, I thought I would ask the community if one of you guys have already done this and wouldn't mind sharing your spreadsheet. Or if you have seen a good one in your travels, point the rest of us to it. Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/CyberSKulls
    [link] [comments]

    looking for single-outlet-metered 2nd hand PDU

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 03:08 AM PST

    looking for something like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/APC-Switched-Rack-2U-32A-230V-C13-PDU-AP7922/272946865323?PARM3_ID=GBH_168&FF11=GBH_168&kw=27827-1-1511694414-6172425&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FAPC-Switched-Rack-2U-32A-230V-C13-PDU-AP7922%2F272946865323

    but i want to be able to see each outlet meter stats (watt consumption). 2nd hand is fine, budget 300$ max. i live in thailand, so international shipping necessary. needs to hold 30 amp with 8 outlets for PSUs.

    does anybody know which model i'm looking for and or what brands/models are in my range?

    submitted by /u/kallebo1337
    [link] [comments]

    Need tip for using latest 008s risers with PSU cable which has Sata Rail.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 06:15 AM PST

    Hey guys, so just got 6x latest version risers however, my EVGA 750W G2 PSU has cable to power up the riser with Sata Rail.

    So my question would be, should I just put in 1 riser per 1 cable with sata rail directly through sata connection on riser, or should I better use something like Sata to 6 pin adapter and use 6pin connector on riser and then connect adapter with sata to Sata Rail (Gotta use 1 riser per cable even tho it has 3 sata's)

    Or maybe you have other options?

    Will be using 6x 570rx Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB cards.

    submitted by /u/n1kof
    [link] [comments]

    Potential shared space available in Abu Dhabi (commercial electricity rates!)

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 03:19 AM PST

    Good afternoon, a friend has offered to make available the space that wasn't intended to be a server room for my two rigs. If there are other miners interested in taking advantage of the cheaper rates let me know and I'll work on finalizing the deal.

    The building is located near the corniche and should be fairly easy to access. The room is decent sized and the whole place was freezing because that a/c unit always runs.

    submitted by /u/hotrock3
    [link] [comments]

    How do you guys diagnose problems?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 02:37 AM PST

    Is there a program that logs system errors etc? Currently having problems with my miner freezing. Not sure exactly where the problem is and I feel like its a needle in a hay stack to test every conceivable problem.

    submitted by /u/IhateYak9s
    [link] [comments]

    Hey is there a GPU Tier list?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 04:15 PM PST

    I mean. I have some idea.

    Its probably something like

    S: 580, 570, Fury??

    A: 1080ti

    B: 1070, 1080, 1060

    C: 1050

    But I'm sure there's some sleepers. Like the 1050 Ti, which has a stupidly low power draw and price point making its low hash rate, not bad and break even pretty quick. Not sure where it would stand. Nor do I really know where the 400 and 300 series cards would stand.

    Plus there's the growing Dao which is going to start killing off the 4gb cards (although you can still mine other things). Overall I'm new to this and just trying to piece things together

    submitted by /u/imizaac
    [link] [comments]

    What are the essentials to know before beginning to mine digital coins?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 05:31 AM PST

    I always find a TON of knowledge to learn when I decide to begin mining digital coins. But they take more than a year to learn! What are the essentials to know before doing anything?

    submitted by /u/ProffesorCalculus
    [link] [comments]

    Getting an RX 580 4GB still viable?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 11:56 PM PST

    I ordered one the other day for $205 on Newegg, but am starting to have second thoughts. Currently I have a 980 Ti and have been mining with that for a few weeks on Nicehash. First off, is it still reasonable to run a 580? Seeing the estimates on Nicehash calculator make me think not. Second, would I run into any trouble having a Nvidia and an AMD GPU? Sorry if these are noob questions, but I still kind of am one lol.

    submitted by /u/ScretAgntSteve8
    [link] [comments]

    Powering 5 or more RX 580

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 11:07 PM PST

    Asking for a friend.

    He wants to get 5 MSI RX 580 gaming x 8g cards to mine with.

    two 850w PSU. Trying to figure out how to power the first 5, he plans on going to 8 down the road. I currently use one of THESE, one 6 pin for riser and the other 8 pin for GPU on my 1070s.

    With these cards is it still possible to use those splitters safely?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Casual_Adubs
    [link] [comments]

    Silly PSU question - is the SATA PS port the same as the Periph?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 04:11 PM PST

    I'd like to power my risers with the 6pin SATA port (not using any SATA-based cable/adapter). This would be a 6-pin port at the PS going to a Molex on the riser. Is there any reason for concern with that?

    submitted by /u/kop1234
    [link] [comments]

    Please Help! 6X1080TI Powering off Issues

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 09:54 PM PST

    Hi guys I'm a semi noob I'm setting this up from zero having an issue where my rig keeps crashing...

    I have my setup below please let me know if anything's not compatible or I'm doing something wrong/missing something;

    -6 EVGA 1080Ti's

    -Asus H270F & H270 Plus PLUS LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI DVI VGA M.2 H270 ATX Motherboard

    -Rosewill Quark Series 1200 Watt Full Modular 80 Plus Platinum

    -ROSEWILL Gaming 80 Plus Bronze 1000W Power Supply

    -HDD ST3160212SCE 160GB 2MB Cache 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5

    -Dual PSU Splitter

    -Intel 3.70 GHz Core i3-6100 3M Cache Processor

    -MintCell PCIe 4-Pin MOLEX PCI-E 16x to 1x Powered Riser Adapter Card w/ 60cm USB 3.0 Extension Cable

    -DDR 4 2400MHz Pacific Single Module 1.2v RAM

    & a 20 AMP Breaker plugged straight into the outlet (10 & 10) for each PSU

    It will refuse to stay on for more than 30 Min

    I removed 2 cards & used MSI afterburner & reduced power to 50% and no overclock settings — still same issue

    (All cards have the risers plugged into the respective PSU, I'm using windows 7 installed with the ASUS ez setup tool. Using EWFB zcash Minner, I've tried NiceHash minner too, but that gives the same issue.)

    Any help is really appreciated Thanks

    submitted by /u/bluey874
    [link] [comments]

    If you've ever been interested in mining cryptocurrency but don't want the hassle of owning the operation you should try cloud mining with Hashflare. Use code: 14EEBC2. I would suggest mining $ZEC or $DASH there's a lot of upside potential.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 07:19 AM PST

    Does ram (memory) speed matter?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 05:38 PM PST

    I know we are to the point where it means nothing for gaming. But for mining, does getting 2666MT/s compared to 1600 MT/s matter at all? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/drinkmoreoil
    [link] [comments]

    What are some commonly overlooked things people forget to buy?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 04:57 PM PST

    Got my rig on the way, PSU, 8 gig ram stick, Mobo, cpu, gpus, server rack, risers, power button, usb wifi dongle, cheapy usb kbam, and cheapy monitor. Those are the things I most commonly see, what are some extras that are easily overlooked? Thanks team!!

    Edit, just thought of one, surge protector.

    Edit 2, few other things people have mentioned.

    Motherboard Standoffs (you can get a 288 piece kit of amazon for 9 bucks)

    Zip ties to keep it all tidy.

    Watt meter.

    submitted by /u/Supes_man
    [link] [comments]

    NVIDIA vs AMD, which is a 'greener' solution?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 04:43 PM PST

    I have enough money to throw into a rig that will also act as heating for my gym's stretch area during the winter. Since it'll be cheaper than an AC unit, I'll be happy to mine away as the machine will hopefully pay for itself.

    I'm worried mostly about environmental concerns. (1) My electricity is mostly offset by a solar farm collective so there's that... but (2) yearly upgrades mean a lot of waste of graphics cards. So here's the question:

    NVIDIA has a recycling solution for their cards, but I don't know if AMD does. Where I am (Japan), it's pretty easy to find some of the best cards available - however I was hoping to go with AMD (Linux FTW)... What would you do in this situation?

    submitted by /u/Krijali
    [link] [comments]

    8x 1070ti mining rig. One of the GPUs stops working randomly. Help?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 11:38 AM PST

    Okay so I built a mining rig a week and a half ago. I have 8 GTX 1070ti's connected via MintCell risers to an ASUS b250 mining expert mobo. I am using a 7th gen intel celeron processor. I have two 750watt EVGA PSU's powering the rig and I use windows. I sell my hashrate via nicehash and i use MSI afterburner as my overclocking tool with my power limit at 82%, temp limit at 72C, core clock at +210 and memory clock at +725.

    Randomly one of my GPUs will shut down..fans not running, not mining, but still getting power. The first time I noticed this, I restarted the pc and it worked fine, so I let it run. A few hours later the same GPU stopped mining again, so again I turned off the PC. This time, I swapped out the riser as I assumed that was the issue. Again, after multiple hours of working fine, the same GPU stops mining again. So I swapped out the riser again with a new one. This time it ran for over a day with no issue, then randomly stops mining again. Every time I restart the pc, it will work fine for anywhere from 2 hours to 24 hours or more, but eventually it will stop mining. I swapped it with one of the other GPUs about 4 hours ago, and as expected, it's running fine for now. I also lowered the overclock stats to core+200, mem+700, just in case they were overclocked too much. I'm not sure what the issue is, this is my first time ever building a pc and not sure how else to try and diagnose the problem. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated and I will gladly answer any questions you may have about my setup.

    Edited to add overclock stats and changes.

    submitted by /u/MilkFootball
    [link] [comments]

    If I attach a GPU that's powered by a separate PSU windows will boot but nothing works?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 06:17 PM PST

    For simplicity I've removed everything except 1 card powered by the PSU that also powers the mobo, hard drive etc. I also have 1 card that's powered but a separate power supply. When both cards are plugged in windows will boot just fine but I have no mouse and my keyboard won't work..it doesn't seem frozen just kind of messed up I guess.

    If I remove the card powered by the separate PSU everything works fine. I've tested various cards and risers and they all have the same result.

    Anyone have any clue what could be causing this?

    submitted by /u/dmglakewood
    [link] [comments]

    [ADVERT] ETN Mining Pool w/ 0% Fees

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 04:28 PM PST

    Hey guys, first of all, I apologize for the #plug - I hate doing it as much as the next man!

    BUT, I bring you great news!

    electroneum.mobile-mining.com is offering 0% fees for the rest of November!

    And with ETN still in 2nd place on WhatToMine, now is the best time to start if you aren't already!

    And remember to hold those coins ;) 2018 is going to be huge for Crypto!

    submitted by /u/OHMFD
    [link] [comments]

    Does SMOS automatically change algorithms based on profitability?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 08:48 AM PST

    I just discovered SMOS. Haven't installed it yet. I was wondering if it can automatically switch algorithms based on profitability similar to nicehash?

    It seems to be a much better alternative to the bloated windows route. Any one have any cons on it?

    submitted by /u/migozo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment