• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 26, 2017

    Cryptography Better Random Number Generation for OpenSSL, libc, and Linux Mainline | Amazon Web Services

    Cryptography Better Random Number Generation for OpenSSL, libc, and Linux Mainline | Amazon Web Services


    Better Random Number Generation for OpenSSL, libc, and Linux Mainline | Amazon Web Services

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 05:58 AM PST

    Imgur used SHA256 to hash passwords till last year

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 07:13 AM PST

    Research topics for a master thesis in context of cryptography

    Posted: 25 Nov 2017 06:19 AM PST

    I am a master student in computer science and want to write my master thesis about some cryptography topic. Unforuntately, I am not really good at coming up with a nice idea about a topic.

    I wrote my bachelor thesis about Keccak/SHA-3 and implement a parallel version of it on NVIDIA CUDA. I really liked it, because it was something new and cryptography and parallelization are my favorite topics in computer science.

    A project in the last semester was about zkSNARK (zero-knowledge succinct non-interactive argument of knowledge), but it was really a pain in the ass and I did not want to continue this.

    However, I have no experience with embedded systems, FPGA, VHDL and all that stuff and it seems that cryptography is most of the time connected with it. My professor is trying to look for a topic more in the software area for cryptography because of my lack of knowledge with hardware and I should make some thoughts about what I want to do.

    So, maybe someone can give me some advises where I should look or what are current hot topics for cryptography? I am searching on IEEExplore for papers in context of cryptography to get some ideas. But it's not easy to make a master thesis topic on the fundamental of a paper.

    I really appreciate every help!

    submitted by /u/vBurak
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment