• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 24, 2021

    GPU Mining Found my wife's shoes drying in front of my rig this morning... Guess I need to move it again.

    GPU Mining Found my wife's shoes drying in front of my rig this morning... Guess I need to move it again.


    Found my wife's shoes drying in front of my rig this morning... Guess I need to move it again.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:01 PM PDT

    Got my father’s 14 year old Q6600 desktop in on the action as I’ve run low on slots

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:03 AM PDT

    When all you can get are 3090 and 3080 egpu's that aren't compatible with any of your other hardware as it.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 05:53 AM PDT

    Update your trex miner now.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 08:53 PM PDT

    Not sure if everyone is in the same boat, but I don't touch my rigs unless there's a problem. Well I was chasing a power issue today when I decided to update all the miners on my 2060 super rig and holy crow, went from 115w per card down to 99w per card with just a miner update. I changed no voltage or overclock settings.

    Give it a shot if you were putting it off

    submitted by /u/koltd93
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guy think about CMP HX30?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 12:19 AM PDT

    Somebody is offering me a deal for about 20 of them. Price seems good, $650 each or something like that. I just wanted to give them a try, build a couple of rigs but then I saw they consume 125W and produce 26~30 MH. Wtf? How is this a new model? I mean I was thinking, If they're able to produce 26MH in kawpaw network for example that would be very profitable. What is the deal with these new cards? how do they produce the hash rate? I can't understand why Nvidia is gonna launch a dead product is impossible. They are a smart company provably this cards are good for mining something different than ETH. What do you think? woudl you purchase the cards or not?

    submitted by /u/Flamin_Dog
    [link] [comments]

    We don't need no stinking case! ����

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 06:34 PM PDT

    11x3060ti - Random freeze

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 02:03 AM PDT

    Hi, thanks for opening my thread. I have been mining successfully for the past 1-2 months for 10 gpus, and I decided to add a 11th gpu because my mobo supports 13 actually. Well, I am powering my gpus with s009 risers which use pcie power to them.

    Main PSU gives power to the mobo (both aux MOLEX slots, CPU, 24pin slot) and powers 5 GPUs and their risers. Second PSU powers the rest 6 GPUs and their risers. After a few hours of mining (8-12), the rig randomly FREEZES (no miner crash, no OS crash) and the clock on the screen stays the same when it was frozen. I run HiveOS from a SSD, everything is up to date and NVIDIA'a drivers also.

    However, when I used to power the second MOLEX aux port from the second PSU, I did not have this issue but it is not safe to power the 2 MOLEX ports on the mobo from diff PSUs, so I changed it to use the first PSU only.

    And no, it is not a memory overclock issue or something as I am running 5 more rigs with same exact cards, same setup and I have no issues whatsoever.

    Could be the RAM? Could be that I might be powering the last riser from PSU1 but GPU #11 from PSU2?

    Very weird to have a random freeze after 8-12 hours of minig and not instant...?

    Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/Sea-Recognition-9048
    [link] [comments]

    GPU not being detected by riser anymore: only works when plugging in directly into a x16 slot

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:15 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I have a peculiar issue over here. This morning my hiveOS rig randomly rebooted and gave me a black screen, so I had to reinstall hiveOS into a SATA drive. After I did that though, my Radeon VII completely disappeared from hiveOS. My other GPUs (2x 5700XT) still showed up fine.

    After a lot of testing I realized that all my risers were working just fine (I only swapped GPUs to test this). It looks like my Radeon VII is only detected if I plug it directly into the x16 slot into the motherboard though. Before today I could run it through a x16 to x1 riser just fine.

    Anyone have any idea why this is happening? I didn't change any BIOS settings, I was just using it until the rig randomly crashed earlier today. Any insight would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/a_miners_delight
    [link] [comments]

    Problems detecting HDMI dummy plug?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:30 PM PDT

    Lately I been having problems with new Linux rig (Ubuntu 20.10) detecting emulated display from a dummy plug connected to my 3070 video card. I am running most of my rigs headless, so I need emulated monitor to make changes with nvidia-settings (over clocking, fan control).

    Did anyone experienced same problems and what did you do to fix it?

    My system basically doesn't detect any displays.... It should with a dummy plug. I can't figure out if it is a xorg config or some other problem.

    submitted by /u/armendzh
    [link] [comments]

    Finally up to 120mh/s. All it took was new pads and 8 heatsinks and a pull fan. 10 to 15 degrees cooler after 1 hour of mining.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:54 AM PDT

    Biostar pci state detection error. How do i fix this?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:14 PM PDT

    Anyone actually build a case or something for this Mainboard and could show me please BTC37

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    3080ti 118mhs? *Driving now to get in line at Micro Center ...

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:55 AM PDT

    Mining with B450 with Athlon 3000g and 3 Rx 5600xt. Windows can't find gpu2 or gpu3.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:40 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm having issues with my B450 with Athlon 3000g computer. This is the 2nd motherboard I've been through so I don't think that is the issue. I have 3 Amd rx 5600 xt gpus. Trying to mine Eth with them.

    Issue: Windows does not see the 2nd gpu or 3rd gpu.

    I've updated bios, reseated everything, new riser cables. Just can't figure it out.

    Any help or tips would be great. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/camerakid22
    [link] [comments]

    Good experience with Gigabyte RMA..

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:09 AM PDT

    I thought I'd chime in that I did a thermal pad mod on my 3090 Gaming OC. 2 weeks later the card died, apparently the power connector failed on reinstallation and one of the power connector pins had poor contact, eventually heating and melting some of the plastic. Knowing that a dislodged pin would have to have been a defect, I opened an RMA claim with pictures of the burnt connector.

    I removed the thermal pads and reinstalled the original ones. They had some cat hair stuck to them, so it would have been super obvious to the technicians. They still repaired the card without question. I don't believe they had to repair anything beyond the power connector, so it wasn't an expensive failure. Had I melted something expensive I guess it could have gone quite differently.

    Now to put the better pads back in. I was doing a solid 126 mh/s before the failure, but stuck at 102 with stock pads (and possible cat hair. I haven't taken it apart to see what they did with the dirty pads).

    submitted by /u/CharlieTX
    [link] [comments]

    So i started out with a single rig with 3 gpu’s and now i’m at 262 MH/s @ 961 W with 3 rigs and 8gpu’s

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:52 AM PDT

    Anyone know why I can't use more then 6 cards?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:39 PM PDT

    My rig runs 6 cards fine, but as soon as I add the 7th, there is no signal to any of the usb or monitor. Everything powers on fine.

    GPU's:

    2 2080ti

    5 3070

    MB: Aorus x570 Master
    CPU: Ryzen 5600
    PSU 2x: EVGA 1000w

    Please help!

    submitted by /u/dsjersey24
    [link] [comments]

    EVGA 3090 XC3 - Does anyone know what thermal pad sizes to use?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:24 PM PDT

    I've had trouble finding any definitive answer online. I think I'm going to try 2.5mm for between the backplate and the rear VRAM, but does anyone know the other measurements?

    submitted by /u/dolphin_menace
    [link] [comments]

    Reloading default bios amd

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 06:48 PM PDT

    I have some rx580s I'm thinking about selling. They were bios modded by me. If I were to flash them with the original bios (I kept it) will they operate as normal? Specifically will I still need to patch the driver anytime there Is updates?

    I want to give a trouble free experience to whomever buys them.

    submitted by /u/Veek_Himself
    [link] [comments]

    Mine or sell? rtx 3060

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:45 PM PDT

    I just got two rtx 3060s, brand new, close to msrp. Should I start mining with them or sell for marker price and change to crypto?

    I'm not new to mining but would have to buy a new PSU and mobo also...

    submitted by /u/karl129
    [link] [comments]

    570 8 gb

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:53 PM PDT

    I got 27 mh ETH ,with this card right now ...compute mode... didnt touch anything else,,

    can i have mon MH if i change something else?

    submitted by /u/lekebecker
    [link] [comments]

    Is this for real? Or some error? That's crazy.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:48 AM PDT

    Some shitcoins bypassed the Ethereum at profitability should i switch my cards to mine zano or its not worth the hassle?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:19 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment