• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 25, 2021

    GPU Mining First guy to build a mining rig must have been like

    GPU Mining First guy to build a mining rig must have been like


    First guy to build a mining rig must have been like

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    Looking for some tips on how I could put my rigs in the garage. I live in El Paso Texas, summers are like 115 degrees. I would put them in the closet but there’s no power ports in there. saw something like this on here the other day but idk if this would work with like a ac unit. Anyone have a link?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 02:20 PM PDT

    3060 hash rate dropped, have 470.05

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 05:57 AM PDT

    Hi there. I'm running the 470.05 driver on my 3060. I was getting 45 mhs for a couple days and it has now dropped to around 23 and stayed there overnight. Any guess if this is a driver issue or something else? Not overclocked. Thank you.

    Edit: I should add that when I restart Phoenix, i start mining in the 40s and it quickly drops back to the low 20 mhs range.

    submitted by /u/tacocabana85
    [link] [comments]

    This is how you cool an RTX 3090

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 02:29 PM PDT

    Overclocks for p106-90, and silence?

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 05:11 AM PDT

    Hello! I want to start mining with 4x mini zotac p106-90, the best payout i found was in nicehash.... Will the rig be silent? What coins do you recommend to mine? Any help appreciated!

    submitted by /u/shuffelplay5
    [link] [comments]

    RTX 3080 ti Leak - No date

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:14 AM PDT

    Another leak in the 3080 ti. No def word from Nvidia that I can find. Believe it when I see it..

    https://www.techpowerup.com/281355/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-ga102-225-gpu-pictured-and-detailed

    submitted by /u/BambinoVR
    [link] [comments]

    Why Use Case Fans Instead Of Fans

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 08:15 PM PDT

    I see mining rigs posted where people use case fans on their rigs more so than fans you'd use to cool yourself off. Why is this? I feel as though fans would do a better job at cooling a bulk of GPU's as opposed to little 92-120mm case fans.

    I'm asking out of curiosity not scrutiny.

    submitted by /u/CortexCash
    [link] [comments]

    Dedicating one card to mining?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 05:01 PM PDT

    I recently got into mining, I got a card specifically for mining and was hoping to use my old one just for gaming and general use.

    I notice when I watch videos or am on discord my hashrates go down.

    Is it possible to make my mining card only work for mining so that it does nothing else and have my other card do everything else?

    submitted by /u/ballers497
    [link] [comments]

    Move apartments yesterday and profitability is seems low

    Posted: 25 Apr 2021 01:09 AM PDT

    I'm running a 3060 Ti and getting ~ 50 MH/s as before, but I'm only making like 0.06764 mBTC/day on it (running off nicehash).

    Where as before, the day before I moved, I was literally making twice that much.

    Is profitability just really low right now or should I look into other issues? Also seems weird that my task manager is showing between 1-2% GPU usage, and ~ 3-4 % CPU usage (since I also mine with a ryzen 7 3700x).

    submitted by /u/Valynna
    [link] [comments]

    Mining and running a node?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 04:30 PM PDT

    Anyone run any full nodes on their mining rigs since they go 24/7. I've never tried it, just curious. Yes, no, why, why not?

    submitted by /u/Rjones125
    [link] [comments]

    Mining Rig for Ravencoin/Kawpow (RX470+RX480, HiveOS) pulling way too much power

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 08:52 AM PDT

    I had built a small mining rig using a (very) old motherboard with 2 PCI-Express slots but when I attached a watt-meter, I found that the rig pulls 460W - which I find a lot.

    The 2 cards (RX470 4GB & RX480 4GB) are downclocked in Hive OS, and they report 120W each in NBMiner. So the cards are pulling 240W. If I let the system run without any graphic cards, the power draw is about 50-60-70W, pretty normal for a barebone PC. So I would expect the mining rig to pull 290-310W while mining, certainly not 460W! 460W means that the system excl. the gpu's would draw 200W!

    Things I tried already:

    1) Thought it was a poor PSU, I tried a 750W Aerocool PSU and a 550W Antec PSU - both are 450-460W power draw. 2) Thought it was a poor motherboard (remember, it's a very old spare one I had laying around), so I tried a more recent Z270 Motherboard now, which is also pulling about 45-50W without any graphics cards. However while mining using the 2 cards, the power draw is 430-450W again.

    I'm pulling my hairs out because at first glance 240W for 20MH/s Kawpow/RVN seems pretty OK, but it stops being OK if you take into account the full power draw. So I guess I'm asking: Is everyone just content looking at the 120W/card power draw, and concluding that everything is OK, not knowing the real power draw is much higher? Are people using watt-meters?

    Or is it known/normal that RX470 4GB and RX480 4GB actually use much more power than NBMiner is reporting? Instead of the reported 120W, the cards are using about 195W (195W+195W+70W = 460W), so perhaps the cards are drawing 120W via the 6PIN PSU connector, and another 75W via the motherboard PCI-E slot? If that's the case, why is this power draw not reported in the miner?

    Thanks for reading - I'm pretty new to this.

    submitted by /u/Epohax
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: BTC-S37 motherboard PCI-E power planes are tied

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:53 AM PDT

    I don't recall where the post is anymore, but someone wondered if they can use multiple PSUs to power their rig and this motherboard. Someone said only the first PCI-E connector powers the motherboard with the first GPU and the rest of the PCI-E power connectors are separated for each PCI-E slot.

    I want to let that person and anyone else wondering if that's true:. It is not!

    I finally hooked mine up and without any GPUs. I can plug a single PCI-E power plug to any one of those 8 PCI-E power connectors on the motherboard and it will power and boot the motherboard! Using a multimeter/continuity test, they are all tied together!

    So is it really safe to use multiple PSUs to power both the motherboard, PCI-E slots, AND the GPUs (the connectors on the GPU itself)? Wondering if it's okay to use electrically separate power and ground and tie them together.

    submitted by /u/Zeddie-
    [link] [comments]

    AC infinity - Cloudline s6/t6 inline duct fan

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 03:51 PM PDT

    Does anyone have any experience with these inline duct fans? I'm building a new house and have 2 - 6 GPU rigs already that throw off a ton of heat. I'm trying to future proof a office closet that's going to be my designated rig/server room. Id like to use this to pull hot air out from the ceiling though a grill and into the 6" duct and then out of the house through an exterior vent on the side of the house.

    Has anyone installed these behind the drywall? It doesn't look like there's any other options for wiring the power to a dedicated 120 volt line. It looks like they only have a plug for a traditional outlet. I'm guessing people are mostly installing these at the ceiling height?

    https://www.acinfinity.com/hvac-home-ventilation/inline-duct-fan-systems/cloudline-s6-quiet-inline-duct-fan-system-with-speed-controller-6-inch/

    submitted by /u/Godfishy
    [link] [comments]

    How many GPUs could I fit on a bazooka b450m? With pci-e risers.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 03:45 PM PDT

    Currently I have a gtx 2070 with a R7 2700X & 24gb of ram. I have a couple of GPUs just laying around & wanted to throw both my rx570 & my rx580 on with PCI-E risers. Would this work? Would it run smoothly for mining? Anything I should be aware of? I also have a gtx 2080 in another computer of mine. But I want to leave my 2080 alone for gaming only.

    submitted by /u/Dtheactivist
    [link] [comments]

    GPU not detected by any mining softwares

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 03:12 PM PDT

    After letting my GPU mine on Wineth all last night, I updated the drivers for my Radeon RX 580 8GB card, and now Wineth fails to recognize that I have a GPU. I tried easyminer, same issue, as well as having the same issue on WinXMR. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I also tried rolling back my driver's, but that hasn't worked either. Would love some help here.

    submitted by /u/jchanley03
    [link] [comments]

    I'm going to leave my Computer running at full capacity 24/7. What do I need to know about buying a replacement external power cable for my PSU so I don't burn my house down?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    To clarify, I mean the power cable that's on the outside of the PSU that you plug into a wall. It looks like this:

    The issue I'm facing is that even the slightest touch, movement, vibration or even bump on the table causes the external power cord in my Corsair RM80 to fall out. So what do I need to know about getting a cord that won't burn my house down? I admit to not knowing the basics of electricity (hence me jumping to Reddit) so thanks for any help!

    (I only have 1 GPU and 1 CPU)

    submitted by /u/Ren_Rosemary
    [link] [comments]

    What coin is going to be king after ETH is done?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 03:26 PM PDT

    Any opinions on the matter?

    submitted by /u/soh5
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to decide whether to RMA my GPU or not

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 12:56 PM PDT

    So I've had my ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3090 OC in my water cooled pc for about a couple months now, but recently I've had some strange issues with it.

    I play a Unity game called Valheim, and starting a couple of weeks ago I began getting random freezes and crashes that would sometimes cause my screen to flicker black, which made me worried that it was a GPU failure. But then I realized that I had my memory set to -500 mhz in MSI Afterburner, and after setting it back to default the crashes stopped. I also ran GPUMemTest, and the OCCT 3D test at max settings for an hour, and both found no errors.

    But then recently I was mining Ether with PhoenixMiner for about 10 hours straight, and then while the miner was still running I played another Unity game called Worldbox, which doesn't seem that graphically intensive, for about 20 minutes, then the screen flickered black and both the game and PhoenixMiner crashed. I wasn't able to find a crash log for Worldbox, but the PhoenixMiner log said:

    2021.04.21:20:58:56.962: gps1 CUDA error in CudaProgram.cu:267 : unknown error (999)

    2021.04.21:20:58:56.962: GPU1 CUDA error in CudaProgram.cu:465 : unknown error (999)

    2021.04.21:20:58:56.962: GPU1 GPU1 search error: unknown error

    2021.04.21:20:58:56.962: wdog Fatal error detected. Restarting.

    I don't think my temps were that abnormal either, when mining my GPU temp is usually around 45-55C and my GPU memory is at 100-104C, and I've noticed that if I have a game open at the same time my memory temp actually drops to about 80C. Not that I often have games open while I'm mining, as I know that's probably a bad idea.

    Should I look into RMAing my GPU, or does this seem totally fine given the circumstances?

    submitted by /u/JiPtheChip
    [link] [comments]

    I was using nicehash but now I want to mine ETH directly. Which miner should I choose for GTX 1060 GB?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 08:55 AM PDT

    I was using nicehash but they pay only in BTC so I want to switch and mine ETH. But I don't know which miner would be best for me. Should I just choose that one which nicehash use right now? Because it should choose always the best one for my hardware at the moment if I am not wrong. For some time it used phoneix, t-rex, NB miner and right now its using excavator.

    GTX 1060 6GB

    Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/mandacek
    [link] [comments]

    3080 OC setting performance drop

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 08:19 AM PDT

    So for 3 weeks i've been running the following:

    CC -150

    MC + 900

    PL: 68%

    Fan: 80%

    Recently I've seen a drop in the MH/s from around 94 to around 82.

    On startup I get around 92 but then after a few algos take place, the temp rises and MH/s drops to around 80.

    This didnt happen before and this low fan speeds are conveniente for my sleeping hours.

    Im new to this and have no idea of the potential fix. Is it due to slightly higher room temps since summer is around the corner?

    Thanks!

    BTW my GPU is the

    Asus TUF GeForce RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6X

    submitted by /u/WinnieBulldog
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment