• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 6, 2021

    GPU Mining Time to change the garbage thermal pads on my Gigabyte RTX3080

    GPU Mining Time to change the garbage thermal pads on my Gigabyte RTX3080


    Time to change the garbage thermal pads on my Gigabyte RTX3080

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 05:04 PM PST

    How much PSU wattage do I need for 6 GPU (RTX 3060 Ti)?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 05:32 AM PST

    I read somewhere that 3060 Ti only consumes around 130w in mining. 130w x 6 = 780w. + 150w from other components, 930w. Will I be fine getting 1200w PSU? Or should I consider to base from TDP of the GPU (200w in this case. which would be 1350w in total)?

    submitted by /u/Fatal1s
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone mining any of these? Everyone’s jumping on RVN but what about AE, FIRO, TUBE, GRIN, CCX, MWC, ZANO, XWP, etc.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:30 AM PST

    What (reliable) PCIe risers are available right now (canada)?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 05:11 AM PST

    Hey,

    I only need a few PCIe risers but all reliable brands (ubit, mintcell...) that I know of are OOS...

    Any recommendation for Canada? Thanks.

    PS: I have been reading/searching reddit but could not find a clear answer.

    submitted by /u/Exitiumix
    [link] [comments]

    Those running Linux - How are you overclocking your cards?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:00 AM PST

    I've been searching here and there for a few days now, and can't seem to find a complete answer that rivals something like afterburner.

    specifically I think I'm looking for voltage and clock options. I've never overclocked a card before but over / under stock on voltage and clock covers everything I think

    I see that the mining focused distros have all the options, and profiles and stuff, but I cant seem to find out how to do it outside of that. What are they doing under the hood?

    gui / cli whatever

    submitted by /u/The137
    [link] [comments]

    Continue mining Ethereum or switch to Ravencoin

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 11:10 PM PST

    Hello,

    I know this has been asked before, and I kinda think I know the answer, but I would like other peoples opinions on my situation.

    I run 2 rigs, they are basically just PCs, both with a 5700XT in it.

    PC1 mines 24/7 - free power (no more room to add anything)

    PC2 mines 20h a day, my gaming rig, my cost power.

    Eth I manage 55MH each

    RVN 18MH each

    So the question is, do I keep mining Eth on both, or do 1 of each, or mine RVN on both.

    I think they are both great, obviously Eth is more valuable also harder to attain.

    What would you guys do?

    submitted by /u/geebzor
    [link] [comments]

    EIP 1559 opposition and refusing hardfork?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 10:55 AM PST

    It has been annouced officially that EIP-1559 will be included in the London hardfork (approx. July 2021).

    We know that the majority of hashrate opposes this update, what is the possible way this will turn out? Will it just create a fork and we keep mining the old one?

    Also there is something about ice age, what does that mean?

    thank you for coming to my ted talk

    submitted by /u/MafiaZac
    [link] [comments]

    Gigabyte 1660 super hashrate good but slower shares?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 05:43 AM PST

    Not sure if this is normal but mining to flexpool with trex. Getting around 32mhs but its been up for 10 mins with only 6 shares

    submitted by /u/Honestlynotalurker
    [link] [comments]

    Is a G5900 ok for a mining rig? Seems to be the cheapest CPU out there right now

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:28 AM PST

    Are there any issues with this CPU with regards to mining? It seems to be the cheapest CPU right now and I've always seen to use the bare minimum for CPU and MOBO. Is there any issues with this one? I haven't seen it mentioned on here at all

    submitted by /u/TheFlyingGyro
    [link] [comments]

    I like this case. Will try to fill up those slots soon.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:20 PM PST

    Can't use 3rd GPU, Windows gives me black screen.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:19 AM PST

    ASROCK B550 Phantom Gaming 4

    16GB DDR4 RAM 3200

    3600X CPU

    2x 850w Gold+ PSU's

    Tested all GPU's / GPU Risers / one by one and all is working fine.2 GPU works fine on risers.

    When I plug the 3rd GPU, that's when Windows will give me black screen on and off, sometimes it won't even turn back on, sometimes it'll just freeze. I got 3070 and 3060 + Risers + motherboard on one PSU and 3060 + Riser on another PSU. However Windows does detect the 3rd GPU and has no conflict in Device Manager. I increased Virtual Memory to 24000, didn't help.

    I changed BIOS settings already, GEN 2, PCIE 8x4x4 and tried PCIE 4x4x4x4. Disabled Fast Boot. There's no 4G on the motherboard, so can't enable that.

    Also tried changing different slots combinations....no go.

    Any ideas? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Critical-Fudge-6091
    [link] [comments]

    EIP-1559 Passed Ethereum Ice Age Coming Whats This Mean For GPUMiners? Dont Build Rigs For ETH

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:03 PM PST

    In this video I look at what eip-1559 means for us miners as well as the ethereum Ice Age thats set to release in July also why you should not build a mining rig for ETH today.

    https://youtu.be/OuWX5nq8C3o

    submitted by /u/RabidMining
    [link] [comments]

    Two Dell 3060ti desktop worth combine or run separately?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 07:46 AM PST

    Hi,

    I have bought two Dell desktop with 3060ti. Is it worth it two run both gpu on the same machine considering I have to buy a riser and a better psu or just run both separately. They came with a 500w psu.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Lamaqc
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a gpu

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:27 AM PST

    Is it worth to buy a GPU for mining now ? I'm thinking about 3060ti or a 3070.

    submitted by /u/Mahruky
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain the dag epoch to me

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:43 AM PST

    I currently have a 1660 super mining etherium on nanopool and there is this warning saying the next dag epoch is happening in two days, what does that mean and should I be scared?

    submitted by /u/NutSpreadMan
    [link] [comments]

    Nvidia and AMD bringing the big boy toys. But what about EP1559?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 09:15 PM PST

    So looks like AMD is getting ready to announce their competition line to CMP chips by Nvidia. Now AFKIK the chips Nvidia plans to produce will not be available to the US market and will be used for "dedicated technology projects within Asia" Honestly not sure if this second part is true but after about 2 weeks of phone calls trying to figure out where even the line starts.....it seems like Nvidia is mostly vaporware.

    AMD however I can see going for both markets. As expected there not putting any hardware limiters on their current lines or future lines. stating that GPU miners will defeat it anyway. Considering most AMD cards get bios modded before going in a rig...I can see how that would be a true statement.

    Both these companies are not stupid. they won't go out of their way to set up a production facility unless they know it's going to be profitable for a life cycle, let's say 3 years..... I guess both are taking advantage of older technology but hey, if It works why not sell it. but you still have to plan on high costs such as shipping and other logistics that will be a huge issue on top of manufacturing.

    I would assume they know that EP 1559 has been talked about a lot recently in the last few months and what seems like weekly blogs about pushing out faster and faster. This effectively puts both AMD and Nvidia in a really weird pricing situation, because unless these cards are 200-300$ I don't see how a miner would be attracted to it. Of course, there's always the next altcoin to go mine but even with a few Coins in target, you're looking at half the expect /h that they currently put out if not less.

    I guess then we start the next 3-year cool-off cycle at which point maybe these cards make sense. because why not buy them while current-gen is still hard to get but no one wants these at a cheap price....then hope they work one day?

    So then you look, are there plans to attack the ASIC market? are they gonna drop a driver bombshell on us that suddenly handles SHA-256 algorithms to mine BTC? is that even possible?

    so what do you think. is this all vaporware for nothing? or is there something I'm heavily missing. I guess 'Game-Coin' Could get created if gamers and miners unite to do more on NFTs....but afaik the whole point of that is so you cant mine it...

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/kadinshino
    [link] [comments]

    Haven’t been paying attention to whattomine.com, what’s with other coins being more profitable than ETH?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 01:00 AM PST

    Specifically AE is 5-10% more profitable (~$4.80 vs ~$4.60) on 3070s but not 3060ti?

    How long has this been the case?

    MWC is more profitable for some of the 20 series cards too.

    submitted by /u/benjiTRAVEL
    [link] [comments]

    I think PhoenixMiner wasn't paying for almost two weeks

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 10:09 PM PST

    I think PhoenixMiner wasn't paying for almost two weeks

    I was only looking at the daily estimated earnings. Today I realized I was not any closer to a payout, still at 1%. I have a 3070 with a 1660 Super and this is the amount mined in almost 2 weeks. I have another computer mining raven with an old 1050Ti and it made more this week,almost ready to payout.

    I checked all the info and it was correct and ethermine was updating with number the whole time, even when my cat knocked the power plug off. I quickly switched to NBminer and it is already putting in ethereum into ethermine. Am I missing something or is that ethereum a sacrifice to the GPU gods?

    Thank you very much.

    https://preview.redd.it/ezt7es0hlcl61.png?width=1067&format=png&auto=webp&s=32c4722958b60f2c9ae882dc79f595d865b8d677

    submitted by /u/Onikaimu
    [link] [comments]

    Mem clock clock is 200mhz less than it should be

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:40 AM PST

    My mem clock at +0 is at 7000mhz. I got it at +850, and now it is showing that I have 7650mhz, even though I was able to push it at 7850mhz in the past. I have a gigabyte 1660 super oc (-502 core, 56 power limit, +0 core coltage, 72 temp limit) an aorus b450m, a ryzen 5 5600x that I am going to undervolt soon, even though this is my gaming rig I can still be happy with the performance. This is my second day mining with nicehash and I dont wanna lose any money. Any help? Also on the nicehash quickminer it says my memcntrl load is at 87% for further info

    submitted by /u/LanceMain_No69
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding 1070GTX PCIe power draw

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 09:36 PM PST

    So I've seen the post from the bot (which will probably reply to this thread) regarding the danger of using SATA cables to power PCIe risers. Before learning about this, I had 3 1070GTX cards running in a rig, and all three risers were being powered by one SATA cable. I have since fixed this such that two of the risers are being powered by separate SATA cables which are using the molded SATA converters that came with the risers, and the last riser being powered by a 6 pin to 6+2 pin VGA cable.

    When my rig was using one SATA cable to power all three risers, I had left it running for a couple of days, but had also powered it down here and there because I have been running tests for overclocking, and writing monitoring/automation scripts. I checked these molded SATA converters and none show any signs of melting or burning. Also when I first found out I quickly checked to feel if the cable was hot around the connectors and it was a little warm, but I'm not sure if that was due to the wires heating up from load or because the fans were blowing hot air on the cables.

    Because the molded connectors don't look damaged from the three riser configuration, I don't think a single riser is actually going to draw more than 4.5 amps and max out the SATA cable, but I'm worried about risking that so I am looking for information on how the GTX 1070 draws power...

    Based on the output from the nvidia-smi utility, the power draw per card is ~145W and I have a max limit of 151W set. However, what confuses me is what cables this power is flowing through. There is a 8pin VGA cable connected to the GPU itself, and a SATA cable connected to the riser. Is there any way for me to tell how many watts are being drawn through each cable? I've tried googling but I have no idea how much power the board draws through the PCIe connector. All I could find was a TDP of 150W for the card. I don't have a multimeter, but I am pretty sure the voltage for these connections from the power supply is 12V (correct?), so if I know the wattage I can calculate the amperage and know if it is safe to use SATA cables with the risers.

    Since each card is drawing below 150W, and the PCIe 8pin cables are rated for 150W (source here, from the forum the bot links), does this mean pretty much all of the card's power draw is flowing through the 8pin PCIe cable, leaving the SATA cable on low load? I would imagine this is why I got away with running 3 risers on one SATA cable for a couple days without causing any cable damage...

    Just to be clear, I plan on replacing the molded SATA to 6pin converters that came with my risers after learning that they are pretty much guaranteed to fail after some span of usage. However, I need to figure out what I replace them with. I have an EVGA supernova G3 PSU, and I haven't been able to find any 6pin male to 6pin male cables which I could use to power my risers directly from the PSU without converters. The closest thing I could find was this cable, but it is not compatible with EVGA PSUs. So, that is why I am questioning whether my risers are actually at risk of drawing too much current through the SATA cables. I could instead buy crimped SATA to 6pin converters or maybe even molex to 6pin converters since molex is rated at 11amps aka 132W.

    Basically I am wondering if anybody has any information on the power draw that a 1070 GTX card pulls through its PCIe slot, so I know how much the riser is pulling through the SATA cable that is currently connected.

    submitted by /u/MrFRZ0
    [link] [comments]

    Does this adapter really work? Would it affect mining performance? I have a dell xps 8300 that won’t recognize more than the one gpu in the main slot and I was wondering if this would work. Thanks!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:48 PM PST

    ETH vs another coin

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 08:58 AM PST

    Was wondering with the difficulty of ETH and the possible soon to be stopping of mining for ETH, is it worth mining another coin now instead? As as soon as mining for ETH stops and more people start mining another coin surely the price will increase?

    Discuss.....

    submitted by /u/jamesfromtheuk
    [link] [comments]

    Ok need advice on setting

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 10:53 PM PST

    Ok need advice on setting

    I have a a gaming computer but use it for mining at night.

    I have 2 cards main is 2080super second is 1080 there to close together so the 2080 gets kind of hot if I don't have the power turned down.

    I ordered a riser to put the 1080 out of the computer but I have dumb ass cats that i am afraid will use your imagination lol.

    I have all case fans on high, and GPU fans at 80% for now and the side off with a fan blowing in there.

    I have 3 fans in the front a radiator for the CPU with 2 fans on that. A fan on the top blowing up and a fan in the back. I honestly hat the computer case. I already have the front off of it.

    I have power at 80% on both and +400 on memory for the 2080super the 1080 crashed when i mess with that one at all.

    https://preview.redd.it/mqt3daxavcl61.jpg?width=1908&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=902e9ccbf5615fd4fc21700e5b5cdf1cdbe1c225

    https://preview.redd.it/b1mrbbxavcl61.jpg?width=4608&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4a080d3323b84f7560f4596648e2d8854cd0a19f

    submitted by /u/1st2die
    [link] [comments]

    What is the safe maximum temperature for RX 5600 xt?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:51 PM PST

    My rig is just a computer case with 2 x 5600 xt GPUs runningunder HiveOS. Until now I had only 1 gpu and temperatures were around 38°C for core and 70°C for memory. After adding a second gpu the temperatures of the 1st gpu are now around 50°C for core and 76°C for memory. Are these temperatures safe in the long run?

    submitted by /u/ProfessionalBat
    [link] [comments]

    Power consumption question

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 10:36 PM PST

    hey guys, im just putting together my first rig, and I'm wondering if a 1200w psu would handle 4 x 3070's?

    thanks heaps for the help.

    submitted by /u/thenoda
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment