• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 11, 2021

    GPU Mining Filled.

    GPU Mining Filled.


    Filled.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 07:49 PM PST

    First proper rig (8) PNY 3070’s and (3) 750w EVGA PSU’s! Just waiting on riser boards from Chy-na to complete

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 07:14 AM PST

    Is this where it all starts?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 02:25 PM PST

    1st build, 14 GPUs

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 01:57 AM PST

    Got them all in the pas 2 weeks. 1x MSI 3090 Ventus. 1x MSI 3080 Suprim X. 2x MSI 3080 Gaming Trio X. 3x Zotac 3070 TwinEdge OC. 3x ASUS 3060 Ti ROG Strix. 2x PowerColor RX 5700 XT RedDevil. 2x ASRock RX 5700 XT Challenger.

    Getting 972 MH/s using HiveOS combined with T-Rex and TeamRedMiner.

    https://i.imgur.com/jkQFHdb.jpg

    submitted by /u/Nizzan943
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone tried using pci-e splitters?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 08:04 AM PST

    Can't get my hands on any board with more than 6 pci-e slots on it and I'm curious if anyone has tried those splitters that turn one pci-e slot in to 2-4. Is it stable? Even with powered risers can it still provide enough power? Cheers, any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Aliterit
    [link] [comments]

    Gigabyte throttles their RTX 3080 when memory temp hits 110c. Does that mean they will honour their warranty if the card is allowed to run that hot for a long time?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 07:20 AM PST

    Was thinking of replacing the thermal pads and putting thermal pads on the backside but read that Gigabyte considers that a warranty voiding procedure.

    So if I just let the card cook, will Gigabyte repair or replace the card if it fails during the 4 year warranty?

    I would prefer to put the pads in and run cooler with higher has rate but don't want to lose all my gains if the card dies for another reason and Gigabyte refuses the warranty.

    submitted by /u/ocrohnahan
    [link] [comments]

    Spares & repairs used 5500 xt

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 01:55 AM PST

    After some advice please.... I've just got my hands on a cheap used 5500 xt mech 8gb gpu that isn't booting.

    The seller sent me a video, it powers on, the fans spin and you see the gigabyte logo of his mobo but then it crashes with no output. Is it possible that if the bios is being displayed as output before the crash that the issue is driver or OS related?

    I'm waiting for the card to be delivered, but just trying to get some pointers or advice from anyone who has knowledge or has had similar experiences with these cards. My goal is to use it on hiveos for mining, so who knows, maybe that'll bypass any of the issues he has reported anyway?!

    submitted by /u/Sgt-Thorpee
    [link] [comments]

    RX 580 8GB is it worth it ?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 07:52 AM PST

    managed to get 5 Rx 580 8gb card at msrp of 219 each ??? are they even worth it or its better to get one of the new rxt cards or other amd models ? price doesnt seems too bad for a 8gb model but not sure how profitable would be running so many cards.

    submitted by /u/fokeiro
    [link] [comments]

    So I left my computer mining while I was outside...

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 07:36 AM PST

    I went to the school just to come back and see that my computer has rebooted. And when I started the miner again my hashrate was 45 MH/s (which is normally around 50 so its normal I guess // I am mining with a single 2080TI //) but my temperature was 30C for several minutes and my fans weren't working, which got me worried so I created this thread.

    PS: I am mining for like a month now and this is the first time my pc rebooted itself and did this.

    PPS: I live in the attic and the window next to my pc isn't that great Could this be related to that ?

    submitted by /u/csrssDOTexe
    [link] [comments]

    Second GPU not detected on multiple PCs

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 06:58 AM PST

    I've been casually mining on two of my gaming pcs for a few months now, one with a 1070ti and the other has an 8gb rx580, they have been doing alright so I thought I'd try to add a 1660ti I had to one of them. I'm having an issue where the 1660ti is detected on either of my pcs, like the card lights up and the fans run but it doesn't appear in device manager.

    I've done a bit of googling about the issue but most of it talks about updating the driver. But I've had the 1660ti in the machines on its own and updated the drivers so I don't think this is the issue, I'm just looking for anything else I could try, thanks.

    submitted by /u/hoboaddict
    [link] [comments]

    With the 3060 hash rate limited and the upcoming 3080ti rumored to be hash rate limited, what does this mean for next gen cards?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 06:17 AM PST

    Do you think the 4000 series cards will be hash rate limited across the board? Also, do you think the new mining GPUs will have higher hash rates than their functional GPU counterparts?

    Just thinking about what Nvidia's insanity will mean in the coming months/years.

    submitted by /u/falchionwielder78
    [link] [comments]

    How hot can psu’s realistically get without damage?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 05:18 AM PST

    I have a EVGA 1600W G2 power supply supplying around 1160watts at the wall and I was wondering what realistic temperature is it safe for it to operate at internally? I have a temp gun and it reads just under 50C on the psu casing. Just under 60C on the exhaust temp (and by consequence the 14AWG power cable). And, what I assume to be the internal transformer being two large copper coils sit just under 70C. Since I have a constant fear of burning the house down is this safe or will something pop? (Especially coming into the summer months). Just an FYI I do have 2 gpu's sitting right above the power supply as I have 8 cards on one of those small black Amazon open air frames and those two gpu's do run the hottest however they are only 2 fan models compared to my other 3 fan models on the same frame.

    submitted by /u/UndercoverNOOB2
    [link] [comments]

    What to mine between Conflux and Ethereum?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 01:16 AM PST

    I'm not asking about profitability. I know they're not that different.
    I'm mostly asking which one is better considering transaction fees of ETH.

    I was thinking that if I mine ETH, I'd put it in my Coinbase account and withdraw to fiat currency. I know it's not advisable to keep on exchanges but it's the only widely used exchange in my country and I don't want wallet (Metmask/Exodus) > exchange (Coinbase) > withdraw (fiat currency) fees to gobble up my ETHs. If I put it directly on Coinbase, my mining pool will handle the transaction fee for depositing to Coinbase while the only only fee I'll incur is withdraw one.

    If I mine CFX, I'd swap it out for a crypto with low transaction fee and then withdraw from Coinbase. Though idk which exchange even supports CFX atm.

    submitted by /u/FuckMyLife2016
    [link] [comments]

    Does mining rig need surge protector

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 09:56 PM PST

    Hello I live in Ohio and am planning on building a mining rig. It will pull about 1000w from the wall so I want to avoid using a power strip. Do you surge protect your rigs? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Agreeable-Owl-1846
    [link] [comments]

    GPU Fan not spinning when in Riser

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 11:15 PM PST

    GPU Fan not spinning when in Riser

    I am having an issue where the GPU fan spins fine in the motherboard. But when in a riser it doesn't spin (except at the beginning of a boot up). I have tried multiple risers (all same brand though) tried different USB cables and power connections on the riser and from the gpu to the psu. I can overclock it. It will mine ether fine. I can see the temp on it in TREX and in afterburner, the fan never turns on, even if I change it from Auto to manual and set it to 100%.

    Riser brand is mintcell and GPU is ROG 1660 Super Advanced.

    This is the only card that does not spin. All the other cards are spinning. I have tried with Stock settings and Overclocking.

    Once I pull out of riser and put back in motherboard it works fine.

    Since I was having issues in Windows with this card/fan, I decided to try HiveOS. I am getting the same issue there.

    I have tried Auto/Gen1/Gen2/Gen3.

    Is this a problem with the GPU Bios, Nvidia Driver, MotherBoard (is up to date), Riser Card?

    Is there a different Bios I could try flashing to the card?

    Any help would be great!

    https://preview.redd.it/777uyq6rlcm61.jpg?width=1200&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9205bfeaa0362a4fae521c8f6dc343860e1ddfbd

    https://preview.redd.it/9glf3r6rlcm61.jpg?width=1200&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=00f9b81c0d84c7072cccdb3692ee76acbdc44a3d

    submitted by /u/dahcj
    [link] [comments]

    Big Dumb Investment Update #2

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 10:47 AM PST

    Original post:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/gpumining/comments/lttxxj/big_dumb_investment/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

    Update #1:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/gpumining/comments/lyhyjj/big_dumb_investment_update_1/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

    My cases and cables have arrived.

    4 Veddha Minercase V2 open air cases

    24 e-series (EVGA) dual 6+2pin PCIe cables from cablemod

    8 e-series (EVGA) triple 4-pin peripheral Molex cables also from cablemod

    https://imgur.com/gallery/3kvqZOU

    I don't have the cases pictured because they're still boxed in case I need to return them.

    The cables however are non-refundable, and I was super eager to finally unbox something, so here they are.

    By far the most frivolous purchasing decision I've made was to buy the best quality cables and cases I could.

    Only things I'm still waiting on are my CPUs, GPUs, and PSUs which are all supposed to ship on Friday.

    Here's to hoping they actually do!

    🍻

    YOLO

    submitted by /u/balltang
    [link] [comments]

    Gigabyte B460 HD3 as a mining motherboard

    Posted: 11 Mar 2021 02:09 AM PST

    Hey everyone!

    Looking to pick up a Gigabyte B460 HD3 and was wondering if anyone here has used it and what are your experiences? Also, does anyone know if it supports Above 4G Decoding? The board has only 5 PCIe slots, but I want to use a PCIe USB Hub and connect 12 GPUs to the rig.

    submitted by /u/TIK_GT
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry but I have a stupid question about wallets

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 08:03 PM PST

    I have been causally mining with NiceHash for a while and sending it to my coinbase once I receive the minimum required. After a bunch of research I decided I wanted to start mining ETH direct.

    Been looking at several different mining software's to use.

    Have a small rig with AMD cards. Is TeamRedMiner the best? (Heard good things)

    Solo 2080ti in my gaming PC, any recommendations for a good one to try?

    Now here is my stupid question. I've looked all over the internet to set these up and I can't get a straight answer. When it asks for a mining address (the one you edit in the mining program file) what do you use? Is it something like my coinbase address? Or some other different type of wallet? I just can't seem to get a straight answer and would love to get this figured out. For some reason I thought there was one more step between the mining and lets say transferring it to coinbase but I can't figure it out.

    Thank you so much in advance.

    submitted by /u/TheFlyingGyro
    [link] [comments]

    Thermal pad thickness?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 05:01 PM PST

    Hi, I have two 3080s and wanted to change the thermal pads on the memory due to super high temps. I tried to dig around but couldn't find the thickness of the pads needed for these two models.

    XC3 and Strix.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Flowxd
    [link] [comments]

    how to power a 6 gpu rig with 2 850 watt cables?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 08:18 PM PST

    Hey guys, I have a Frankenstein mining build lined up with 3 3060ti's (all different brands-- mostly using dual 8 pin), a 3070 FE, and 2 5700xts (once again using dual 8 pins). I have enough pcie slots to power all the gpus, but unsure of how to power the risers. I have 3 molex cables (and if I power 2 risers per cable it should work-- theoretically), but I'm trying to look for a better way. Given that all of these cards have a tdp of >= 200 watts (although I run them at 120 or lower in hiveos, would it be find to use molex/ and if I buy splitters, would it be fine to power the gpu and riser on the same cable?

    EDIT: oops, I meant 2 850 watt PSUs

    submitted by /u/lifer98
    [link] [comments]

    ASUS z390-p only booting with 7 of 8 3060TIs

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 02:49 PM PST

    I am using two m.2 to pci-e adapters, and 8x 3060tis with 1x to 16x pcie risers. I have the motherboard set to allow above 4G encoding, with the pcie all set to gen 2.

    I can get any of the 7 GPUs to boot fine, and they work under mining conditions just fine, but as soon as I add an 8th one (could be any of them) it does not show the BIOS screen anymore.

    Right now I am pulling the bottom pcie 1x slot to make it work, leaving everything else plugged in, and it works. But then when I put the 1x to 16x riser back into the bottom slot, it stops booting. This can be replicated with any of the pci-e slots, and with any of the GPUs, so the issue is not those components because they work when swapped.

    Am I missing something?

    2x Thermaltake 1000w

    8x 3060ti (4x EVGA 2x MSI 2x Gigabyte)

    8x pcie risers 1x to 16x

    Asus z390-p motherboard

    Team Group 2x8gb DDR4 2400mhz

    i3 9100F

    submitted by /u/GlassGoose4PSN
    [link] [comments]

    HP RTX 3080 any good?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 02:40 PM PST

    Does anyone have experience with the 3080 out of an HP Omen PC. OEM HP brand. Is it any good or should I avoid it?

    submitted by /u/NeroNuke
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment