• Breaking News

    Friday, March 5, 2021

    GPU Mining Anyone else mining with their gaming rig?

    GPU Mining Anyone else mining with their gaming rig?


    Anyone else mining with their gaming rig?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:05 AM PST

    My Humble 5200mh farm.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 01:28 PM PST

    First rig complete. 434MH/s with 6 x 3070 + 1080 TI and 1070 TI. 6 x 1080 TI waiting on a cpu right now to put me at about 700 MH/s

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:12 PM PST

    New rtx 3080Ti also with hash limiter.... So nvidia go for it in all future models.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 03:51 AM PST

    My 540 MH/s setup

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:07 AM PST

    What service to use to mine with single RTX 3070?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 02:10 AM PST

    I have a RTX 3070 gaming oc model and I would like to mine with it while I am doing online learning. I was thinking of mining with nicehash however I am not sure if it is the best service to use since I will only be mining with a single gpu. are there any good alternatives?

    I am also planning to undervolt the gpu to keeps power consumption low and temps low. do you have any profiles I could try out on my gpu?

    submitted by /u/Dvdking14
    [link] [comments]

    Required virtual memory for gtx 1060 6gb x5 gpus (and how to reduce win 10 disk space required)

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 01:55 AM PST

    hi guys, in my country is a problem to get components. i have one 60gb ssd, and 4gb of ram with 5 of gtx 1060 6gb. i had problems with some fans etc, but after some maintenance, i could fix them, but i have one problem with virtual memory.

    the thing is with windows 10 i have only 1gb of free disk space, and already have 25 gb of virtual memory.

    it gives me errors of out of memory (phoenix miner on eth)

    whats the required virtual memory for that rig? (5 of gtx 1060 gb)?

    also, is there a way to reduce windows 10 used disk space? (i have uninstalled lots of things, etc)

    thanks

    submitted by /u/Akromatx
    [link] [comments]

    Ugly AF. But lets me play CP77 and mine simultaneously

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 06:02 PM PST

    How would I optimize older Maxwell GPUs for mining today?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 07:20 AM PST

    This all started when I was able to get 2 Tesla M40s from work after a machine was decommissioned, and they were able to bruteforce grincuckatoo simply because of the amount of vram that those cards came with.

    I've got an OEM gtx 970 and a 980 Ti I've hoarded, planning on using the 970 for kawpow and the 980 Ti, I'm not sure about. Sources say that 980Tis and Titan X Maxwells can still run ethash, but I can't get more than 2-3mh out of either the Ti or the Teslas. Same story on kawpow, I think the Ti was getting 4mh, if even that, and the 970 was managing 2mh (lol).

    My question is: why? surely the memory bottleneck can't be this huge, or are maxwell cores just this slow?

    submitted by /u/NightshineRecorralis
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know if these guys are legit?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 07:09 AM PST

    Afterburner settings on rx590. What do you think? Averaging 29/30mhz.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 01:09 AM PST

    Do I need a PSU with 4 PCIE Cords for two 3070s?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:54 AM PST

    Do I need a PSU with 4 PCIE Cords for two 3070s?

    Finally got my first gpu and need to buy a power supply then I am set to get started.

    Looking at gpus it seems like most come with 2 PCIE cords, wouldnt this be used by just one 3070?

    Anyone with 2 3070s in their compute that could maybe give advice?

    Just want to spend under $100 for a PSU and and if I need 4 pcie cords seems pretty impossible.

    submitted by /u/Ricoli
    [link] [comments]

    Mining with both amd and nvidia

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:28 AM PST

    Is there a mining os that allows me to overclock both nvidia and amd card? I know i can do this in windows with Afterburner but when i tried to do it in simple miner it did not allow me. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/EmanShamku
    [link] [comments]

    On misleading and contradictory information about powering risers/GPUs with a 2nd power supply

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 02:35 AM PST

    I'm building a small dual PSU rig and I'm surprised how much contradictory information there is about how to power it. On reddit people seem to prefer to keep risers and GPUs on the same PSU, but it seems like this is a hotly debated topic and I can't find any definitive conclusion.

    Here are a few sources that say you always have to power a GPU and riser from the the same PSU:

    -Source 1

    -Source 2

    -Source 3

    And here are a bunch of sources that say the exact opposite, that all risers should be powered by the main PSU that powers the motherboard, and to use the 2nd PSU only for the extra GPUs:

    -Source A

    -Source B

    -Source C

    And here's a bunch of people on reddit saying it doesn't matter, as long as you dont power the 6/8 pin cables on a gpu to 2 different PSUs

    -Source X

    Who is right? Does it depend on what kind of risers you have, or something else? And is there any definitive source that has actually settled this?

    Edit for (sort of) tldr: Is this guy right, or is this guy right?

    submitted by /u/TheUnsungTurkey
    [link] [comments]

    Mini mining/gaming rig, 4x 1070 Hybrids 122Mh/s

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 11:27 AM PST

    Introducing zip ties and main stays open air rig. Under $20. My whole rig was a little over 600 but is using some spare parts.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 03:50 PM PST

    Did I just loose one?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 05:34 AM PST

    Video TDR failure while mining ETH

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 05:12 AM PST

    Hello everyone,

    So i'm using my 3080 to game and mine (not at the same time) and whilst it was mining for a couple of days, i got a BSOD saying "Video TDR failure", i started it up again and now it's running without issue... Should i be worried if it happens again and does anyone know what causes this?

    (Gpu is undervolted and memory overclocked at a stable 98-100°)

    submitted by /u/MVinnyBoy
    [link] [comments]

    Are the pcie splitters safe?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 09:27 PM PST

    Title basically sums it up. Website says these are 18awg wire. It would be powered from a 16awg 8-pin (400w maximum) to power 1x riser and 1x 8-pin gpu 8-pin. Just wanted to see anyone elses opinion before buying and incorporating into my rigs.

    https://www.rontechusa.com/pci-e-8-pin-to-2x-6-2-pin-6-pin-8-pin-power-splitter-cable-pcie-pci-express/

    submitted by /u/GTXUser
    [link] [comments]

    MSI Z390 board won’t recognize any GPUs on risers

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 03:07 AM PST

    Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I'm so confused.... I have to plug a GPU directly in the slot for it to be detected, if I try to use a riser the whole system shits itself and refuses to even POST usually. I've got 4G encoding on

    submitted by /u/Cressio
    [link] [comments]

    According to new information, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti & all future RTX 30 Graphics cards will have ETH mining limiter

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 08:12 AM PST

    Newbie setup

    Posted: 04 Mar 2021 09:16 PM PST

    I am new here, what is the best mid cost configuration to start mining and which program? Cudominer or Nicehash?

    submitted by /u/VanChapel
    [link] [comments]

    So I picked up a GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 3090 XTREME WATERFORCE WB 24G GPU... should I build a liquid cooling system to add it to my rig or sell? Any advice on building a liquid cooling loop for only a GPU?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 04:47 AM PST

    I was looking for a new Mobo to use in a mining rig and I wanted to know if anyone knows if this is a good Mobo or just a waste?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:42 AM PST

    Can I power two risers with dual pcie ? On a 1600w server supply ?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:41 AM PST

    Is this okay ? The graphic cards will be powered with there own pcie cables but seeming as the risers only draw 75w I could power two right on one cable. ?

    submitted by /u/johnny87auxs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment