• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 3, 2021

    Bitcoin "Never" is a long time.

    Bitcoin "Never" is a long time.


    "Never" is a long time.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 03:51 AM PST

    To think that one bitcoin is more than many people can afford now.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 11:13 PM PST

    I haven't been in crypto for very long. Started working at a crypto mining farm in Jan 2018 and it changed my life.

    My employers asked if I was cool getting paid in bitcoin. At the time, my answer was "As long as I can sell it into Ringgit Malaysia (fiat)". Got paid around $1k+ monthly - remembered receiving about 0.2 bitcoin monthly. One day, I didnt have to sell all of it because I already have more than enough fiat. So i figured meh Ill just save it for later. That's when it happened. Bitcoin went up 20% from $3k+ to $4.2k and so did my salary. Kept going up and i kept hodling.

    Employers turned out to be greedy dicks and changed their minds towards the end - "we are not paying you in precious BTC anymore". But my love for crypto remains.

    I was let go shortly after without any compensation and notice after I helped them move their operation to the US where the electricity is a lot lower. Struggled to make ends meet for a little while but doing odd jobs and investing in bitcoin mining got me going. Managed to feed my wife and kid.

    I reinvested mining profits into more machines all around the world with hosting, cloud contracts, and the returns kept compounding.

    Ive never told anyone I have bitcoin except for my wife. I am happily retired at 30 in a country where $200 is a family's monthly grocery. For most of the time, I just spend time with my kid and wife who works from home. And to think I owe this lifestyle all to those tiny tiny bitcoins I saved up 3 years ago. HODL friends. To the moon we go!

    submitted by /u/Present_Turn7021
    [link] [comments]

    I wrote a trading algo that buys BTC every time Peter Schiff Tweets

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 12:00 PM PST

    I wrote a trading algo that buys BTC every time Peter Schiff Tweets

    https://twitter.com/macromule/status/1366840685962223616?s=20

    Since May, the algorithm would have executed 203 trades, achieving an annualized return of ~1000%. 65% of trades are profitable with a 3% average return.

    https://preview.redd.it/oybfmxw08ok61.jpg?width=1001&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0bcfd6a90d4f9979a05c3a298aaa1f33075db683

    Edit: The algorithm buys only when Peter tweets about Bitcoin:)

    submitted by /u/mulebotte
    [link] [comments]

    My gf wanted me to paint with her. This is what I made...

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 05:04 PM PST

    Bitcoin song

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 03:01 AM PST

    To the moon!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:35 PM PST

    In 2013, this reporter spent 10 Bitcoin on a sushi dinner in San Francisco. That's now worth $500k

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 07:05 PM PST

    Bitcoin >51k Dance

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 03:06 AM PST

    bitcoin $100M

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:00 PM PST

    it would be a lot easier for everybody to understand, if bitcoin was $100M, and a satoshi was $1. lets do that.

    submitted by /u/kairarawademon
    [link] [comments]

    This pretty much explains how all my Facebook friends were acting when Bitcoin hit $50,000.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 06:16 PM PST

    Bitcoin flips Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and Saudi Aramaco by market cap at $100K

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 02:36 AM PST

    Pioneers spent bitcoin in the past so you can hold it today.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 11:23 PM PST

    Stop saying when you see posts of someone spending bitcoins for food, services, videogames, drugs whatever that they are kicking themselves because they didnt hold. Be thankful that they made bitcoin into a legit usable currency it is today. If everyone back then held, bitcoin would be worthless today. Im guessing most of the people here heard about bitcoin in last 3 years and jumped recently into it. I never held bitcoin but I remeber spending 30k 50k 100k worth of todays bitcoin on darknetmarkets and dont regret it a single bit. Stop being obnoxious its not funny anymore.

    Sorry for my english

    submitted by /u/psgetso
    [link] [comments]

    50+

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 12:25 AM PST

    Pretty much above the big Five-O for 20 minutes now... Which way will it go. 🚀

    submitted by /u/Lovin-Algo
    [link] [comments]

    I think I've figured it out

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 12:13 AM PST

    ok, I haven't figured out anything, but here's a hypothesis anyway

    seemingly intelligent people (the latest of which is michael burry) speak disparagingly of bitcoin with an astonishingly high level of confidence that they're right about bitcoin being bad/pointless/overpriced/etc. for the life of me, I can't figure out why can't see at least the partial usefulness of bitcoin and everything that it is.

    But one thought: bitcoin is so novel, so groundbreaking, so innovative, that people can't even see it. they can't see it in the way an ant can't see a smartphone (ok, exaggerating, but still). they're so thoroughly entranced by the high-time-preference, high-entropy, central-authority-stockholm-syndrome default worldview, that they don't even see the things that bitcoin fixes as problems.

    for them, the world where wealth slowly slips away through entropy, or is only preserved through the debt-fueled frenetic activity of a public tech company or by loaning it back to a central authority with a military, (or rather than preserved, simply received continually as a gift by virtue of one's proximity to a fiat money printer), is the only possible world that can exist.

    I think about it this way: most people are so high time preference, so focused on the short term, so involved in high frequency, high risk, frenetic active hedging and trading strategies in business and in life, that that is the only world they can conceive of. Enter bitcoin, a deceptively simple, long term, stable, low frequency, low time preference savings technology, they can't even see it.

    Their time preference is so high, and bitcoin is designed for people whose time preference is so low, that for them bitcoin just doesn't exist in any meaningful way. they see people interacting with it but can't understand their behavior.

    so instead they just try to fit into framings they can understand...."bubble", "ponzi", "greedy waste of energy"

    here's to you, the low time preference people who actually understand btc.

    submitted by /u/facepalm5000
    [link] [comments]

    Bitcoin rises back above $50,000 as Goldman restarts crypto desk

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 03:00 AM PST

    I'm about to sell most of my stack

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 08:24 PM PST

    Closing in on purchasing a home and will need to convert to fiat for a down payment, I want to thank all the beautiful people who've been involved in crypto to make it possible.

    In early 2017 I put in about 10k in to btc, eth and nem. Since then I have gone back to school for civil engineering and worked a job that payed peanuts compared to the housing price growth where I live(GTA), the only thing keeping me in the game was crypto. I'm now able to afford a good home, not in the GTA but the nest egg is the reason I can move, fuck Toronto and everything 100km around it.

    I first started following crypto on the bodybuilding.com forum and their thread back in the day but moved to reddit to lurk later. Either way I'm hoping to regrow my coins while paying down other bills, fiat in Canada isn't worth fuck all compared to the wild inflation of real metrics, I hope to be back on the space elevator soon, god speed you bastards, one day the down payment will just be in btc no questions asked.

    submitted by /u/bathsalts_emporium
    [link] [comments]

    Wow! We caught another shark! Shark Tank’s Kevin O’Leary: The Real Deal Behind His Bitcoin 180 and Why a $100K Price Is Not Crazy

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 05:08 PM PST

    Anyone else hope Janet Yellen starts talking shit again?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 12:19 AM PST

    She seems to have a knack for helping me find a good price to buy more bitcoin.

    submitted by /u/GabeRull
    [link] [comments]

    I have now lost all of my Bitcoin

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 07:53 AM PST

    It was a tragic boating accident. I just moved all my bitcoin to a hardware wallet, when it happened to slip my hands and into the ocean.

    Any further transfers done on that wallet are because of Poseidon.

    submitted by /u/TheFronkler
    [link] [comments]

    “I don’t believe we shall ever have a good money again before we take the thing out of the hands of government, that is, we can’t take them violently out of the hands of government, all we can do is by some sly roundabout way introduce something they can’t stop.” - Friedrich Hayek 1984

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 01:41 PM PST

    17% of Bitcoin's Supply Hasn't Moved for Over 7 Years

    Posted: 03 Mar 2021 02:07 AM PST

    Full bitcoiner

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 07:19 PM PST

    Who else's goal this year is to accumulate 1 BTC? That would be so sick. Only a few million people in the world can

    submitted by /u/tonpanzee
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody else who knew about Bitcoin pre 2015 feel this same way?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 09:28 PM PST

    It's almost unreal to see people memeing about it un-ironically and to have it be a household name/word at this point as well as have institutional and government buy ins. It's great.

    The hard part is honestly over for Bitcoin, it's just patience now. Keep stacking sats cause the magic internet money won.

    submitted by /u/Tuvanaz
    [link] [comments]

    I'm now a millionaire!!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 10:02 AM PST

    *Satoshi millionaire

    Really psyched to hit 0.01 after buying those tasty dips over the last month, thanks so much to this community and r/bitcoinbeginners for DYOR prompting and good vibes! You guys are super friendly and are always making Crypto more accessible/understandable for us beginners. Cheers!🚀

    submitted by /u/rowantree20
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment