• Breaking News

    Friday, February 5, 2021

    GPU Mining Testing the Best Ethereum Mining Software for Nvidia and AMD

    GPU Mining Testing the Best Ethereum Mining Software for Nvidia and AMD


    Testing the Best Ethereum Mining Software for Nvidia and AMD

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 03:32 AM PST

    Testing the Best Ethereum Mining Software for Nvidia and AMD

    Last time when we tested mining software T-rex and Gminer were the best for Nvidia, while TeamRedMiner and lolMiner were the best for AMD. Three months later we decided to repeat testing with some improvements.

    The number of shares in the pool at the end of the experiment is the most important parameter. Plus, the final table features two types of hashrate:

    • Real (from the pool). It's an average hashrate obtained during the 3-hour experiment.
    • Hashrate from mining software, that is what you see in the program when it's running.

    Read the complete article: Best Ethereum Mining Software for Nvidia and AMD

    NVIDIA:

    Best Nvidia Mining Software

    AMD:

    Best AMD Mining Software

    submitted by /u/2miners
    [link] [comments]

    Added another row! Working out the temps.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:45 PM PST

    3060 ti vs 3080 from a mining point

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 06:01 AM PST

    Being apart of the GPU purchase struggle is clearly real, and annoying at that. I've been waiting for a card to drop at Best Buy every two weeks. Was wondering what you prefer to mine with (periodically) as most of us play games as well. I am not talking full-blown full-time mining, I don't have that sort of time, maybe $7 of ethereum a day time for 2-3 days. From a single card perspective...

    1. Have any of you noticed a slight increase in your bill running 2-3 days out of the week?
    2. Is the MH equivalent to the 3080 but at decreased wattage?
    3. Do you actually meet those standards with a 3060 ti card?
    4. Would it be better just to bite the bullet and get a 3080?
    submitted by /u/deuz-bebop
    [link] [comments]

    GPU mining - Heat Recovery

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 06:31 AM PST

    Winters get cold up North and bills go up. However my mining rig gives off enough heat to heat the basement to cozy levels.

    I have been looking into heat recovery possibilities so that I can keep the Rig in the crawlspace to avoid noise, while capturing some heat from it to help put it to good use.

    Without going liquid cooling ($$$) or submerging in mineral oil (Effective but heavy and a little messy if it needs maintenance) does anyone have some good ideas for recovering heat? Sitting on 12 GPUs.

    Ive been considering building an enclosure and having only 2 openings. An inlet and exhaust. Im debating having a water filled rad from an old car in there looped to a prettier rad in the basement. Then exhausting the rest of the air back into the rather large crawlspace.

    Or im thinking of just ducting the exhaust into the basement. Im hoping that with the rig further away, the noise will be less.

    Thoughts? Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Helium_Isotope
    [link] [comments]

    Some help before i fry my stuff!

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 09:38 AM PST

    So today i got the hx1200i psu to power my gpus/risers independently on my rig and ive already got the splitter already for mobo before you ask lol but im wondering if what im trying to do in my picture would be correct and safe?

    I have 4x pcie cables with the psu that both have 2x 8pin heads on each so i was wondering if its safe to put one part of the 8pin into the as a 6pin and get an extension cable for the second 8 pin part to power my gpu?

    Ive included a picture to kind of help.

    https://ibb.co/RvtPTcc

    submitted by /u/Scottish_John
    [link] [comments]

    Just taking a moment to appreciate the crazy yield of gpu mining nowadays

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 10:06 AM PST

    I started mining eth a few weeks ago on my gaming pc (5700 XT) and i would have never expected to earn $175 a month doing nothing. Feeling blessed!

    Cheers everyone :)

    submitted by /u/tim_fr
    [link] [comments]

    miners inflating hash rate

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 02:40 AM PST

    it's hard to tell but I get a feeling based on my average accepted hadhrates compared to my reported hashrate that some miners inflate my reported hashrate. but don't get more accepted hadhrates. for example miner 1 , has 50 mhs from the rig and 48 mhs on the pool. but miner 2 has 53 mhs from rig but still 48 mhs from the pool. what miner should I use? logically more mhs more luck finding a share right?

    submitted by /u/ilovesnijbiet
    [link] [comments]

    Alibaba for gpus

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 01:36 AM PST

    Has anyone order gpus off this site? Prices are reasonable and it makes me sus.

    Edit: found some cheap 3070 from local buying app and going to just Frankenstein it

    submitted by /u/ToxicSamthrGhost
    [link] [comments]

    Please tell me why I'm a idiot.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 05:37 PM PST

    Fell down the mining rabbit hole in late January

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 02:05 PM PST

    I'm up to 5x 5700 xts, 5x 5600 xts, 3060 Ti, 3090 FE, 2080 Ti, 1660 super and a 1080. I don't expect profits to stay this high, but it sure is nice right now!

    That said, I just got most of my cards spun up in the last few days and the last 4 arrive tomorrow. Have been using nicehash since its super user friendly but see they are taking almost 2% fee for the convenience.

    You experts probably get this question a half dozen times a day, but can someone point me in the right direction for a tutorial on joining a mining pool and trimming those fees down a bit from 2%?

    Thanks!

    reposted...silly typo in title

    submitted by /u/zebrastealer
    [link] [comments]

    PCIe x1 USB riser adapters

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 06:06 PM PST

    At one point I came across a unique PCIe x1 to USB 3 adapter and I can't find it again. It is exactly the same as all the common ones but instead of the USB female being right angle mounted it is straight mounted so it splits the PCB. Has anyone seen these before and can you point me to them if so?

    submitted by /u/jameswilson7208
    [link] [comments]

    PSU Options 220 Vs 120

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:08 PM PST

    Hey... Question for the experts in building Mining Rigs. I have built a bunch but one thing that I think I am over spending on is PSUs. I always just want to be safe and go with plenty of power. Im building my second 3070 rig (only because I have been able to get them at MSRP prices) Its going to be a 6 X 3070 and I had a 1600 W EVGA P2 120v picked out but the order got cancelled.

    I think I dont need that big of a PSU for a 6X 70 rig. Also when it says 120-G2-1600-X1 That works on a normal US outlet and the 220-P2-1200-X1 needs a 220 outlet? The 220-P2-1200-X1 is cheaper than the 120-G2-1600-X1.

    How are you guys combining multiple PSUs on rigs? I thionk it would be much cheaper if I got 2 smaller ones.

    Any advise is much appreciated.

    Im just plugging it in in my 20amp (120) normal US outlet.

    Also when a PSU only has 6 8-Pin. How are you guys powering the 2x PCIE slots on the card plus a PCIE Riser.

    I have a 4X 3080 Rig and I am concerned about using a bunch of splitters. Since each card needs 3x 8 Pins each.

    submitted by /u/ProficientMess
    [link] [comments]

    A complete newbie, ROI very high

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:18 PM PST

    Hi, a complete newbie on gpumining. But since i had an rtx 3080 running idle in my server i thought i would give it a go.

    In the space of about five or six days I seem to have mined with nicehash £40. This seems an incredibly good return on investment. Is that normal?

    Its telling me in the nicehash box that im currently running at $11 a day.

    Is it just a case that as rtx supplies increase this will reduce?

    submitted by /u/Gazter2
    [link] [comments]

    Best case for 6-8 GPUs mining?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:28 PM PST

    For a while now I've been using Veddha Mining Frames, but I recently heard of server cases made for GPU mining, is there a good PC case or server case better than the open airframes so I can store my mining rigs in a rack or compact space.

    submitted by /u/LunaTheFluffyBigWolf
    [link] [comments]

    when plugging in my 5th gpu, there is no display when turning on the PC. works with 4 perfectly fine.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:18 PM PST

    rechecked the wires and everything to make sure. not sure what to do next

    submitted by /u/Caliduchey12
    [link] [comments]

    Getting Into Mining -Setup

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 03:26 PM PST

    By this time next week, I should have all my parts for my rig.

    I paid a total of $5000 for everything.

    $4000 for 12 580 8gb gpus and risers

    $400 for 2 1000w psus

    $300 for a rig case

    $300 for a m.b.,cpu,ssd,and ram

    Have a projected Roi of about 90 days, based on current ether prices

    Will post my build once it is assembled

    submitted by /u/Username-Taken01
    [link] [comments]

    How do i get into GPU Mining?

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 04:30 AM PST

    Yes i hear your thoughts after reading the title: "google it you idiot" but i dont trust search results over someones experience. So i am gonna list you my PC and afterwards my few questions :)

    CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 Armor 8G OC 8GB(core clock from 1268 to 1400 and mem clock from 1750 to 2200) Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max And in case its needed: 2 HDDs(1TB and a 500GB one) for large games and "irrelevant" data for windows. And 1 128GB Intel e6000p M.2 SSD with Windows 10 64-bit installed on it

    And my questions are: Which program is to use for mining? Is there such a thing as a wallet needed? And if so which should i use? Would my PC be able to mine? (Idc if its efficient or not i wanna learn mining and then care about efficiency if i like mining)

    Feel free to even send me links u used to learn from. But i myself dont trust the pages google showed me so i rather use your experience:)

    Thanks in Advance

    submitted by /u/ChainZ186
    [link] [comments]

    VRMs overheating? 1060 gtx 6gb

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:39 PM PST

    VRMs overheating? 1060 gtx 6gb

    I made a post about this a few days ago, but the more research I do about VRM temperatures, the more cases I find of GPUs overheating despite appearing normal at first glance of GPU temp software. So I am mining on a gtx 1060 6gb card. I am capping myself at 70°C. I get a warning when I mine The warning is "core | Device #0 is running too hot! Performance is degraded!". The only way I can get this warning to go away is to cap my card at 80°C at which point my card runs at a steady 77°C, my efficiency goes down, and my power usage goes significantly up, all while keeping about the same 23ish MH/s. Which is the better setup? I don't like the idea of having my card run at 80°C the entire time, but I also don't like the idea of it running at 70°C while burning up the VRMs on the card. Is there a better setup of afterburner settings that could possibly lower my GPU temp and my VRM temps? Is this why people mod their voltage settings in their mobo bios? Lots of questions... as I said in my previous post, I am still very new to this and I'd love any suggestions/answers. Thanks guys!

    https://preview.redd.it/9h6dz72k5jf61.png?width=954&format=png&auto=webp&s=3b1a719dac5af21764deeb33b122c127ba0e61ec

    https://preview.redd.it/igl45p0n5jf61.png?width=719&format=png&auto=webp&s=ca6527e33d440bcac304c1902530eaa1a099d5f1

    submitted by /u/Klayt22
    [link] [comments]

    Hive OS Power consumption is the PSU max Wattage

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:02 PM PST

    I have a 2kW PSU and have 0 GPUs running atm. Hive OS reports that my system is drawing 2kW, which cannot be correct because only the SSD, CPU, and CPU fan are connected and nothing else. How can I fix this?

    submitted by /u/stefan5641
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment