• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 11, 2021

    GPU Mining How to spot a miner during Winter conditions.

    GPU Mining How to spot a miner during Winter conditions.


    How to spot a miner during Winter conditions.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 06:00 AM PST

    It's not much, but it's paying for my electric bill.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 10:25 PM PST

    My two rigs, 12x 1060 + 8x 1070 happily hashing away ETH around 445 MH/s @ 1700W

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 06:57 AM PST

    RTX 3090 FE miners rejoice - A solution for the common man

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 06:03 AM PST

    Still waiting for a better frame to come (this one was $35 on eBay), had to improvise a bit... 10 Cards (7x 5700xt, 1 5600xt, 2x RX 580) = ~500MH/s

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 06:58 AM PST

    My janky 2 pc's on a wire rack with risers thingsmabob.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 06:53 PM PST

    This just in: Flexpool says all pools other than Flexpool suck

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 05:01 PM PST

    I'm all for accountability, and I'm not disputing their claims because honestly I don't know, but hire a third party who doesn't haven't a vested interest.

    submitted by /u/ILikeCatsAndSquids
    [link] [comments]

    I want to put my rig in the garage, but will heat be a problem?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 06:11 AM PST

    living in ohio. our winters are cold but our summers are pretty hot. would I be able to keep a rig in my garage year round? there is no ac in there. just use some fans?

    submitted by /u/bl0ndie5
    [link] [comments]

    Thermal pad change, equilibrium?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 08:38 AM PST

    Hey all, changed the memory pads out on my msi gaming x trio rtx 3090 and was able to drop memory temps from 104-106c to 83c average. Core always used to sit at 52c but had raised up to 66 average. Using arctic mx4 compound on the core but also used an IC graphite thermal pad and got minimally better temps than the mx4 paste. Any lower on the fan temps (90%) and the core will spike and thermal throttle the card at 70c.

    Is this just the two temperatures balancing out? Or is there anything I can do other than raise fan speed to cool the core down. Already have 2 heatsinks on the backplate. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Devilstangs2
    [link] [comments]

    P106-100 For Mining in 2021

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 08:28 AM PST

    Hi Guys,

    I have come across some relatively well priced (in the current market) P106-100 6gbs.

    Their Mh/s per dollar spent is by far better than anything else I can find, coming in at about 10usd per Mh/s.

    Are there hidden disadvantages with this card that I may be missing?

    All I can think of is that it's resale value will likely be lower since it can't be used for gaming.

    submitted by /u/sinisterminister82
    [link] [comments]

    3080 vram temps 24/7 eth mining

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 08:28 AM PST

    just noticed on my 3080 Asus tuf now with hwinfo that i was mining at an average 102C on the memory junction for almost two months, so I decided to drop my mem clock down a bit to 980+ from the 1010+ I was at before and switched from auto fans to a static 85% now im avg 94C-96C on the memory junction just to be safe until there's a definitive word on safe 24/7 operational VRAM temps for the 3080

    submitted by /u/jahodie
    [link] [comments]

    6 pin PCIe cables

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 08:25 AM PST

    Hi guys, I was just reading the recommended hardware for mining and I wanted to see if anyone had a link to a good 6 pin PCIe cable. I'm going to use it to power my risers. Apologies if this has already been asked. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/user18zl1
    [link] [comments]

    Does the 3090 FE memory overheat?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 04:39 AM PST

    I have the option to upgrade my msi 3080 gaming X for a brand new 3090 FE. However I wonder if the 3090 FE memory overheats or not.

    submitted by /u/Trashii_Gaming
    [link] [comments]

    Ethermine pool: minimum daily payout threshold will be increased to 0.1 from 0.05 ETH

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 03:57 PM PST

    Any Asian colorful vulcan 3080 user who replaced the thermal pad?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 06:44 AM PST

    3080 vulcan oc already has thermal pad at backplate with a heat pipe. Sure it doesn't throttle with controlled fan speed and power, but fans gets noisy from 70% and upward. Also memory temperature hover around 104C in HWinfo. I don't feel safe at that temperature, so I'm staying at lower PL and hash rate.

    So for a vulcan oc, if you had replaced thermal pad, how much improvement did you notice? And what the pad thickness and of condactivity have you used?

    submitted by /u/Ghost_Hunterzz
    [link] [comments]

    2Miners Is Reducing It’s Solo Pool Miners Blocks Up to 50% To Subsidize Its PPLNS Pool’s Payouts

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 11:23 AM PST

    Tools for Monitoring Mining Rigs

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 06:20 AM PST

    Hey everyone. I am new to this community and I am currently mining Ether on several rigs. TeamViewer is working wonders for me but I am open to suggestions. I am looking for a free (open source if possible) app/service that I can display my GPU fan speed, temp, mh/s, power, etc. Mobile accessibility or even an app with push notifications is greatly appreciated. Can you recommend me anything that suits my needs, also what do you guys use for monitoring?

    submitted by /u/AlphaDamage
    [link] [comments]

    Must lower memory junction temps (evga 3080 FTW3 ultra)

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 11:39 PM PST

    ASUS TUF Gaming OC RX 6800 XT - First Impressions on (not so good) Hashrates and (relatively better) Memory Module Junction Temperature.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 01:31 AM PST

    ASUS TUF Gaming OC RX 6800 XT - First Impressions on (not so good) Hashrates and (relatively better) Memory Module Junction Temperature.

    I would like to preface that I am a beginner miner (for about 1 month); a big tag of YMMV.

    Bought a RX 6800 XT hearing about its 16 GB VRAM and I wanted to (in the near future) to experiment with Linux Gaming. I've mined with RTX 3070 previously using Trexminer and had achieved 61 - 62 MH/s with moderate tweaking. The reason that I have swapped the GPU was to test the memory module junction temps in RX 6800 XT in comparison to RTX 3070 (I am aware that RTX 3070 do not have thermal sensors on their memory module junction).

    ASUS TUF Gaming OC RX 6800 XT tweaks were performed using Radeon Wattman. Undervolted to max core frequency of 1200 MHz on 0.881 mV; could've went lower with MPT. I will retest this tomorrow with custom BIOS to lower the power consumption. Memory clocks overclocked at 2120 MHz and Fast Timing enabled. Fan setting can be seen in the picture.

    Radeon Wattman settings

    Memory temps so far is of no concern. So basically, if the GPU mining era is over (hopefully not), this card is going to be my gaming card. Here are the info from HWInfo64, take a look at GDDR6 temps. I could put small heatsinks on top of my GPU later on. Unlike my previous RTX 3070, this one is made out of aluminum. If it's very hot to touch, adding small Arduino heatsinks wouldn't hurt.

    Hashrate (left) and HWInfo64

    Going to update as I run the card for longer period. I have just tested this for about 1 - 2 hours. Mining software is Teamredminer v.0.8.1 and AMD Driver Version 21.2.1. My complain about this card is that when I mine there are some stutters during browsing. Other than that, the thermal concerns were unfounded using this card. I could ramp up the fan, but at 76 - 77 C, the memory module junction is at relatively safe operating temperatures. No thermal throttling were found during brief periods of time (other than the drop of hash rates because I was just watching videos).

    Overall, the card is good enough. I didn't buy the RX 6800 because they sold for more than RTX 3070. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of RX 6800 if they are being sold at higher price point than RTX 3070. RTX 3080 in the store costs about 1250 - 1500$... Even if they had double the hash, I can't really justify the purchase. I wanted a gaming card that can match RTX 3080 first; an ideal mining GPU second. Hence, my stupid decision to go with the XT version rather than non-XT version.

    submitted by /u/kibbles333
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to mine coins if my internet sometimes goes offline.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 04:20 AM PST

    It is NiceHash malware safe ?

    Posted: 11 Feb 2021 03:53 AM PST

    Pretty much what the tittle says... Im super new to the mining world, dont expect big gains and mostly doing it for fun/curiosity... Downloaded nicehash app from their website (actually from their github repository) but malwarebytes reports about it being malware...
    It is a false positive ?
    Are there any other tools that are actually safe and trusted ?

    submitted by /u/Fox_Soul
    [link] [comments]

    Fire safety

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 06:08 PM PST

    How conscious are you of electrical fire danger? I just ordered one of these just encase something happens and I'm not around. AFO Fireball Automatic Fire Extinguisher Ball with Wall Mounting Bracket (15cm Diameter) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PHDV89F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_DA1HB0ZM7JBK6D9NVBSG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/photobusta
    [link] [comments]

    Underclocking GPU core clock speed to increase hashrate?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 08:18 PM PST

    I am mining with nicehash using an RX 580 8GB.

    Power Limit: -35%VRAM: 2250 MHzCore Clock: 935 MHz

    If I increase the core clock any more than 935 MHz, the gpu remains stable but the hashrate drops. Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/mikebrady
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment