• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 8, 2020

    Ripple Daily Ripple/XRP Discussion Thread 12/09/20 [Join Our Discord] invite link: discord.gg/7Bv2rYf

    Ripple Daily Ripple/XRP Discussion Thread 12/09/20 [Join Our Discord] invite link: discord.gg/7Bv2rYf


    Daily Ripple/XRP Discussion Thread 12/09/20 [Join Our Discord] invite link: discord.gg/7Bv2rYf

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 08:04 PM PST

    Hello! It's Wednesday. Welcome to our daily discussion thread.

    You can discuss anything related to Ripple and XRP here.

    Before posting, read the r/Ripple rules on the sidebar and also check out the thread containing helpful links: https://redd.it/7l94ng

    If you see any rule-breaking content, please report by contacting the moderator team modmail

    We now have an official discord channel dedicated to r/Ripple: discord.gg/7Bv2rYf

    This channel is also used for r/XRP. While there are rules to follow, it will be a more relaxed environment where

    you can discuss anything related to Ripple and XRP. The channel is not affiliated with Ripple the company.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    17.5 Billion XRP Set to Receive Flare Airdrop As Growing Number of Crypto Exchanges Confirm Support

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 08:43 AM PST

    Ripple token economics not completely clear

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 08:05 AM PST

    Hi,

    I've been a fan of Ripple since a longtime. What they are doing is amazing and world changing.

    However I'm still not quite sure why and how the token xrp itself has the possibility to become a very valuable asset aside from speculation inside the market. I know Ripple gets a lot of hate but also has a strong community that dismisses the hate. I'm not trying to piss anyone off just have some questions and looking for a discussion.

    As I understand the token has 3 main functions:

    1. It can be used as a bridge currency for banks to settle international transactions.
    2. It gets burned when such transaction occur to pay for transaction fees.
    3. it is a requirement to have a small reserve for any address using the network.

    So my conclusion from these 3 is that only point 1 would be very beneficial for the xrp token's price. Since in this case banks and whatnot have to actually buy xrp to use it as a bridge currency.

    The problem with this is that Ripple itself does not force those institutions like banks to actually use xrp as a bridge currency. Resulting on most of them using a digital IOU and not actually buying xrp.

    Points 2 and 3 aren't really that interesting for xrp's price since the margins are pretty low.

    I guess point 4 could be institutions buying up xrp as a result of speculation but the token itself isn't a share of the company. As a result I'm really conflicted. I own quite the amount of xrp but can't help myself that these thoughts occur. I might be missing something but I do not know for sure.

    I am looking forward to see what the community thinks of this as this probably has been brought up in the past by someone.

    submitted by /u/mymotherlikedub
    [link] [comments]

    Spark Token Airdrop Comes With A Tax Bill

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 10:55 AM PST

    Bitstamp is going to support the Spark Token airdrop.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 11:10 AM PST

    Spark Airdrop in California

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 09:20 PM PST

    Hi!

    Maybe a stupid question, but can't figure it out. California is excluded from the airdrop on Coinbase - is that a Coinbase thing, or a California thing? I am unable to find this exclusion listed elsewhere (gatehub etc), but maybe I am missing something? Please help!

    submitted by /u/katsmeowwwww
    [link] [comments]

    Is Ripple’s Stake in XRP an Asset or a Liability? Head of R&D at Block Digital Analyzes Key Crypto Question

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 02:45 PM PST

    Wallet Reserve

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 08:24 PM PST

    What if, hypothetically, 5 billion people on earth signed up for an XRP wallet?

    Would the 20 XRP reseverse requirement cause the price to sky rocket?

    If that's the case shouldn't there be major efforts just to educate and help people sign up for a wallet?

    submitted by /u/djimbounchained
    [link] [comments]

    Ripple Security and Compliance

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 08:24 PM PST

    Hi people,

    I am an university student doing a research about how the Ripple and its network operate. The main topic of my research is about security and compliance of Ripple system.

    From the homepage of Ripple, I have found quite much useful information about the Interledger protocol, and the XCurrent interface. However, I would like to know more about the system, especially in terms of security.

    So, I'm here to ask you guys some small questions:

    1. The RippleNet Committee page mentions the Rulebook for banks to join the network. Where can I find this Rulebook for educational purposes?

    2. Is there any risk when more and more partners join the network? Whether it will affect the performance of the network (ex: slow down the process to reach consensus, risks of information disclosure,...)

    3. I would love to study about the ISO20022 standard for digital communication between financial institutions. How Ripple contributes in the standard development and how it complies the standard?

    Thank you so much in advanced.

    submitted by /u/doanthinh
    [link] [comments]

    Serious Question about Flare & XRP Toolkit

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 06:05 PM PST

    Not a noob, have been a lurker on here and part of the XRP community since 2017. I recently linked my ledger generated ETH address with my ledger XRP public address, through the XRP toolkit. I am fairly confident I did this correctly as it was pretty straightforward.

    Now, I have seen in numerous places throughout the internet that using a ledger generated ETH address for this purpose is actually a privacy concern. Something along the lines of..."youll have to put your 24 word private key in at a later date when you want to claim your Flare tokens." Is there any validity to this? I am imagining there being a Flare app in the future that is accessible through the Ledger Nano S.

    Is this the privacy concern that I have seen some people refer to? Or is there something else I am not aware of? To my knowledge all I did was link my ETH address with my PUBLIC XRP address so I can claim Flare at a later date. There should be no risk to my holdings so long as I have never released my private key, right?

    submitted by /u/jussywussy149
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry for the noob question, have XPR in a wallet, Spark airdrop?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 02:42 PM PST

    I have some XRP in a wallet (Coinbase). It's not connected to a coinbase account, just in the wallet. Will I get the Spark airdrop?

    If not, what would be the simplest way to get it? I'm in USA.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/sykozylot
    [link] [comments]

    XRP Ripple: HUGE DROP AHEAD!? (Bearish short term, bullish long term!)

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 03:58 PM PST

    Exarpy

    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 10:27 PM PST

    So I was holding my XRP on Exarpy, but they have just been decommissioned. I have my private key and Ripple address, how do I access or retrieve my XRP? I recently purchased a Nano S, but have no clue on what do. Also I just read about the Flare Airdrop. Will I be part of the snapshot on 12/12 if I don't do anything until after the date?

    I was advised by someone else that I would need an intermediary wallet before I can move my XRP to my Nano. Sorry for the noob questions :(

    submitted by /u/infinitedrumroll
    [link] [comments]

    XRP Price Will Cross $1 In Coming Weeks: Top Analyst

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 09:26 AM PST

    What is all the fuss about the Flare airdrop? Can somebody fill me in?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2020 06:01 AM PST

    Can someone explain to me the significance of the Flare airdrop? I currently have my ripple on Ledger Live, should I even bother to take advantage of this airdrop? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ThatKrazyPolak
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment