• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 5, 2020

    GPU Mining It do be that way

    GPU Mining It do be that way


    It do be that way

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 12:27 PM PST

    RTX 3080 12 GPUs Mining Rig

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 09:02 AM PST

    Problem with XFX thicc 5600XT

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 09:03 AM PST

    Adding cards to hive os.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 07:43 AM PST

    Hello all. Just a few questions.

    I currently have 6 vega 64s running in Vega hive os running on a 6 slot asrock h81 with a 1200watt hp server psu and an evga 1000 watt. My rig however has 8 gpu slots, so opposed to starting another rig, I ideally wanna maximum my one. Can I run splitters to get to 8 cards safely/efficiently? And should I try and find 2 more Vega cards and continue to run Vega hive, or should I find some other 8gb rx cards and go to regular hive os? Would my Vega cards run as efficiently or even run at all on the non Vega hive?

    Thank you, please let me know, and if I can provide any other details. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/jmdexo26
    [link] [comments]

    Riser power configuration in a dual PSU rig

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 08:34 PM PST

    I have a dual PSU rig, I'm using a 24 pin splitter to achieve this. Can all the risers be powered by one power supply or should the gpu and the riser that it's attached to be powered by the same power supply. (My PSU are identical, rm850x)

    submitted by /u/Srdtrk
    [link] [comments]

    Seasonic recommended cable configuration..

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 03:02 PM PST

    So i have a Seasonic Prime 1300w gold, it has 8 pcie ports with 6 pcie cables and 2 cpu cables.

    Looking around i found this in their website

    First of all, it makes no sense as Seasonic Prime 1300w gold has 8 pcie ports and in the graphs it shows as 6 pcie ports. But the big question is that they say:

    " The PRIME Ultra Series, PRIME Series, the Platinum Series, or the X-Series, there are up to 8 slots for 8-pin (CPU/PCIe) connectors which may lead customers to think that they can connect up to 8 PCIe cables and not any CPU cables. Using the power supply without a CPU connection does not comply with the intended usage, and may void the warranty. "

    How the hell would the fact of not using a CPU connection possibly damage the psu?

    submitted by /u/Guimakk
    [link] [comments]

    Config for GPU mining?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 11:28 AM PST

    So I came into a few GPU's through work (yes I have to pay for them, but not at the overly inflated prices.)

    Looking at 2 3080's and 2 rtx 5500's. This originally started as just adding a GPU to an Unraid VM and then moving forward with that. Do to my boss being wildly irresponsible and buying shit without asking, I'm going to build a mining rig, because why not? Nebraska has one of the lowest power costs in the country, so sure.

    Should I use a 3080 to a 5500 for gaming? My mining rig will be limited to pcie 3.0 for 3 slots. The Unraid VM will be set to mine when I'm not gaming (not sure how to set that up.)

    (I also have a GPU I'm using for Plex transcoding that I'd like to use if possible, but Plex is a docker in UnRAID and I'd need to mine using a shared container, which I don't know if it's possible.)

    submitted by /u/rustynailinthefoot
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment