• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 15, 2020

    Ethereum Solid progress towards Serenity's Minimum Required Stake

    Ethereum Solid progress towards Serenity's Minimum Required Stake


    Solid progress towards Serenity's Minimum Required Stake

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 10:43 AM PST

    The opinion of someone who actually uses the Ethereum network like a regular bank.

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 12:48 PM PST

    I use Ethereum weekly and I would easily say I'm someone whos here primarily for the usecase rather than an investment vehicle.

    Im paid every week in Dai from my employer for the work I've completed that week.

    Defi is an awsome way to earn interest without having to go back to centralised services.

    However, the one thing that keeps me coming back to regular banks is privacy. I absolutely hate that my employer can see all my funds and I have to pay upwards of $20 to wash money through tornado cash everytime (while uniswap trades are below $5).

    If it wasn't for the lack of privacy I would have literally no reason to ever leave the ecosystem and with PayPal payments coming soon I'll no longer need to buy giftcards to buy from non-crypto stores.

    Its disappointing that the focus with L2s is 500+ TPS. $0.77 fees for transactions aren't even that much of an issue, it's slightly inconvenient but it's not off putting. Why can't L2s offer 50TPS but private transfer, it's privacy that's over priced not regular transfers.

    submitted by /u/KingNanoBunny
    [link] [comments]

    Do I have to put my private key in my ETH node? Is that safe?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 07:40 PM PST

    I know for ETH 2 you are supposed to be able to run a validator node, that makes a digital signature if the blocks in that shard are ok. I don't know if I understand correctly, but does that mean my account private key would need to be on the node software itself?

    Like lets say I usually would use a hardware wallet for my funds, to make sure nobody can break into it. But now, in order for my account to be a validator, I need to be able to put that private key on the node itself. The node is obviously open to the internet, somebody might be able to break in and get the key right? I mean I guess I could make another account just for the node, but if my block rewards are going there, I would have to keep emptying it every time it makes some money in case somebody hacks the key.

    At a certain point does it make more sense for the node to have its own private key, which is not an account key at all? Maybe the account key that put Eth to be a validator could sign another public key for its node to use, but that key that it signed, doesn't have any money itself. I don't know if that makes sense hahaha.

    I'm curious if it works the way I think (node just has an account address and private key), or if the node has its own public key, and why it was decided to work that way.

    submitted by /u/halebass
    [link] [comments]

    ⟠ Latest Week in Ethereum News

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 02:29 PM PST

    Attacker on DeFi protocol Value DeFi left a cheeky message : "do you really know flashloan?"

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 08:44 AM PST

    Become a validator using win10

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 02:54 AM PST

    Hi,

    I would like to participate in ETH2 and become a validator.

    Many of us (at least me) have some knowledge about using a PC but are looking for a user-friendly way to configure safely our ETH2.

    Do you know a step by step guide that would allow a windows user to configure everything in regard of Eth2 launch ?

    Regards

    submitted by /u/illusion000
    [link] [comments]

    ette : Ethereum Blockchain Data Indexing Engine

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 08:54 PM PST

    ette : Ethereum Blockchain Data Indexing Engine

    Here's an Ethereum Blockchain Data Indexer : `ette`, which can do following

    - Query historical {block, transaction, event} data

    - Get notified in real-time over websocket about {block, transaction, event} **[ Filters added ]**

    Project : https://github.com/itzmeanjan/ette

    https://i.redd.it/7a6w48jg9jz51.gif

    submitted by /u/meanjan
    [link] [comments]

    Factotum MetaIDE space for Ethereum Virtual Machine exploration - Control source generation for Ethereum 1.0 & 2.0 smart contracts: Solidity -> Yul -> EVM Assembly -> bytecode (edit the source at each level). Link in description.

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 05:24 AM PST

    Streamr is making ways with DataUnions into GDPR in Europe

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 05:45 AM PST

    Does Ethereum adoption mean increase in ETH value?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 09:38 AM PST

    might be a dumb question but because Ethereum is dominating the DeFi space, and any new crypto or token thats created can do so using using ethereum, what does that mean for the value of ETH as a token? would it go up in value? or down?

    submitted by /u/flooglewarp
    [link] [comments]

    Evaluating Public Subgraphs as a Curator for The Graph

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 03:36 PM PST

    Book to understand smart contracts and their potential business applications

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 07:59 AM PST

    Hi guys, as the title suggests, I'm looking to any kind of material that could help understand the business applications of smart contracts. I found many articles and book telling me what is a smart contract its properties and everything, but none of them provides a list of current applications or examples of existing startups benefitting from a certain application of smart contracts

    Can you please help me ? Thanks

    submitted by /u/demi_volee_gaston
    [link] [comments]

    Becoming a validator in ETH2.0, when do I start doing "work"

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 03:30 PM PST

    Do validators start earning rewards from start of Phase 0, or will it have to wait until Phase 1-2 where there will be actual trasnactions to verify on the chain?

    submitted by /u/applejuicey281
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I find list of LP token contract addresses ?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 07:50 AM PST

    I have to reset my MetaMask password which took away all LP tokens added in my account and I need to reimport them to MM again.

    I am trying to find LP token addresses (for e.g UNI WETH) and found it very hard to find the contract addresses. I went over ether scan, put my addresses and still couldn't them.

    Is there also an easiest way to find and add LP tokens ? Is there a list of LP token addresses ?

    submitted by /u/timimax
    [link] [comments]

    Adding 32ETH. Then what?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 07:42 AM PST

    Let's suppose that I deposit the 32eth required to stake. Let's think that from now on I host a node with my own AWS running and good hardware specs and that the average time up of connection is always up.

    1) in an event of node going offline, how much do I get slashed? How frequently do I get slashed and how bad is, for example if I don't check my node for few days how much do I risk to lose?

    2) after how long can I expect reasonably to be able to unstake my eth, withdraw them and see exactly the profit of staking, being able to liquidate it for other coins/chains/tokens or cash.

    submitted by /u/Faghe
    [link] [comments]

    Help - How to remove a malware on Ledger Live ?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 06:15 AM PST

    I'm using Ledger live with nano s. Recently I tried to transfer ETH with copy paste of receiving address (binance) then to my surprise the resulting paste was of this address 0x9d787053f9839966A664b0e14e9C26a3684F6E44 which is not mine.

    Googling around on this address I saw its a known malware using that address. Did anyone experience this kind of issue ? How did you remove the malware ? I'm using mcafree and it cannot detect this malware.

    Please help. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/initzero88
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I find list of LP token contract addresses ?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 07:56 AM PST

    I reset my MetaMask via seed phrase and couldn't find my LP tokens. I went over etherscan, put my address and I still don't see a way to find my LP tokens. For now I've UNI WETH but what are the easiest ways to find LP token addresses in the future ?

    submitted by /u/Matiabi
    [link] [comments]

    DeFi: How Does it Compare Against Centralized Finance? | Hacker Noon

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 04:34 AM PST

    Hi, how does one interact with a smart contract (ERC20) once deployed on the mainnet? For example; If I create a token with mintable and burnable functions how to I mint or burn some tokens say a month later?

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 09:57 AM PST

    I made a Deep Dive video about non-fungible tokens (NFTs)! Covering background, different ERC types, major players, and much more. Would love your thoughts/feedback on the content.

    Posted: 15 Nov 2020 09:44 AM PST

    does it worth to put some ether in a Staking Service now?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 11:29 PM PST

    I wonder if after phase 0 start it would be possible anytime to put my ether (less than 32) in a staking pool or I should decide now. I mean, is it possible that I have to wait one or two years to stake my ether if I do nothing now?

    submitted by /u/mindgo
    [link] [comments]

    A simple explanation of the Value DeFi hack

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 11:00 PM PST

    Let's say someone has a crypto bank. I can deposit 10 million USDT at $1.00 and get 10 million USD. Now let's say the price of USDT drops 1% to $0.99. I can go back to the crypto bank, and since the price dropped 1%, I can give them my 10 million USD and they will have to give me back 10.1 million USDT. Now if USDT somehow goes back to $1.00, I just made $100k. Now lets say I can find some way to manipulate prices. I can deposit 10 million USDT into the bank at $1.00 for 10 million USD, manipulate the price down to $0.90, take my 10 million USD back to the bank (making them give me back 11.1 million USDT), and manipulate the price back to $1.00. I just made a profit of 1.1 million USDT.

    The hack worked in the same way. The hacker borrows a hundred million dollars through flash loans. He deposited 25M DAI into the contract in exchange for 24.2M shares of the pool. The hacker then dumped 91M DAI and 31M USDT to mess with the prices on Curve. Now, when the hacker withdrew his shares, he got more stablecoin back than he put in as the prices got manipulated lower. Since the prices for USDT and DAI are really low because the hacker dumped all the tokens, the hacker then buys back the DAI and USDT at the low prices to get his money back. He pays only the 0.04% swap fee twice to manipulate the prices. Finally the guy pays back his flash loan and keeps the profit from the attack.

    submitted by /u/cometothecaml
    [link] [comments]

    Reaching out for help - Eth stolen?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 05:38 PM PST

    Hi guys,

    I firmly believe my funds have been stolen and hoping the community can help my understand what happened.

    Here's the situation:

    I have a sum of eth sitting in a jaxx liberty wallet showing around 2.3 eth.

    I proceeded to send the eth to another wallet when it came up with an error showing "tx-019"

    Strange, so I looked up my address(0xa37D03810119Db995Bd0DBa222A3872E86142c28) and it showed almost zero.

    I uninstalled the wallet and restored it again on jaxx liberty, it showed the same balance (2.3 eth) and I retried the transaction, same result.

    That was odd, so I restored the wallet on exodus instead and it showed my balance as 0.009eth. Basically nothing.

    Seeking the history of transactions on exodus, I discovered a transaction that wasn't shown on Jaxx Liberty on 17 FEB 2017 to this address

    0xaa1a6e3e6ef20068f7f8d8c835d2d22fd5116444

    I used eth scan to look it up, that address is a high volume wallet, with over 300k transactions.

    I have no idea how this happened but this really is disheartening.

    Hope the community can shed some light onto what has happened.

    Looks at that wallet address, it looks like potentially millions of dollars stolen from thousands of different wallets.

    submitted by /u/dabagaboo
    [link] [comments]

    Risk mitigation for ETH 2.0 validators - if there was a massive internet outage how would access the internet?

    Posted: 14 Nov 2020 03:58 PM PST

    Let's pretend most of your country lost internet (no ISPs, hot spots, etc) for whatever reason. How would you get your node back up and running?

    How can we mitigate this risk?

    submitted by /u/Forward_Thinking01
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment