• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 12, 2020

    Ripple Daily Ripple/XRP Discussion Thread 08/13/20 [Join Our Discord] invite link: discord.gg/7Bv2rYf

    Ripple Daily Ripple/XRP Discussion Thread 08/13/20 [Join Our Discord] invite link: discord.gg/7Bv2rYf


    Daily Ripple/XRP Discussion Thread 08/13/20 [Join Our Discord] invite link: discord.gg/7Bv2rYf

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    Hello! It's Thursday. Welcome to our daily discussion thread.

    You can discuss anything related to Ripple and XRP here.

    Before posting, read the r/Ripple rules on the sidebar and also check out the thread containing helpful links: https://redd.it/7l94ng

    If you see any rule-breaking content, please report by contacting the moderator team modmail

    We now have an official discord channel dedicated to r/Ripple: discord.gg/7Bv2rYf

    This channel is also used for r/XRP. While there are rules to follow, it will be a more relaxed environment where

    you can discuss anything related to Ripple and XRP. The channel is not affiliated with Ripple the company.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ripple "old fashioned"?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    Hi folks.

    I'm a Ripple holder, at about 50% of my buy in price and in it for the long haul.

    I have a friend that is in no way emotionally or financially invested in the Crypto space, so doesn't really have a horse in the race, so to speak. I was chatting with him about Ripple and how I believe in their solution to a very real problem.

    He said:

    "The tech behind the XRP ledger has been largely unchanged for a long time, right? Like, 10 years? In any other tech sector, that would make it pretty old fashioned. Surely there's a better solution out there by now, or one coming."

    I didn't really have an answer for him, so I'm putting it to you folks. Does the relentless pace of technology worry you in terms of the viability of your XRP holdings? Is there an financial imperative to stay on the "cutting edge" in the Crypto space?

    P.S., My intention is not to make anyone uncomfortable, or to spread misinformation, or to provoke people to outrage; but to prompt a real and genuine discussion amongst the community. Please please please do not call this "FUD", I really hate that concept.

    submitted by /u/Guloroo
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain flare better?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    https://flare.ghost.io/

    I just finished reading this overview of flare and spark. And I still don't understand what its about or how it works.

    This is because of all the jargon it assumes I know.

    • What does "trustless" mean in this context.

    • what does slashing mean?

    • what dies FBA mean? It's says "Turing complete Federated Byzantine Agreement" but I've no idea what that means or why its relevant.

    • how does the "orginator" "agent" "redeemer" work?

    • whats the difference between spark, FXRP, and XRP?

    • does Flare help Ripple or XRP?

    • is spark and FXRP the same? Is FXRP related to XRP, if yes, how?

    I feel like this paper left me with more questions and even less understanding.

    submitted by /u/Diabolo_Advocato
    [link] [comments]

    XRP stolen!

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 01:14 PM PDT

    Hi, ealrier today I lost a nice amount of XRP due to a YouTube stream impersonating Brad Garlinghouse and I know this is mostly my fault for thinking it was real to send XRP and get more sent back in return but there was a link that seemed like legit ripple page and all. Is there anyway possible to get my XRP back once I know the address I sent it to???? Anyway at all or anything, any advice would be highly appreciated with this as I'm freaking out here. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Jacid420Wayd
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment