• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 11, 2020

    GPU Mining Hynix card is dead after 2 years

    GPU Mining Hynix card is dead after 2 years


    Hynix card is dead after 2 years

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    Im mining ethereum almost 3 years with assorted rx580 8gb. Asus, Saphire, Msi, Gigabyte

    I notice that only hynix card are dying fast.. So the myth that Samsung > Micron > Hynix are real...

    What card of you are dead also and what memory is it?

    Msi armor, Asus Dual in me is dead after 2 years. And its memory failure not the core itself.

    submitted by /u/Johndrc
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone still using RX570/580 4gb models?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    I've just acquired a few and have tried using them to mine ETH but the hashrate doesn't seem to go over 8MH.

    I just started doing RVN and it seems to be a bit better but I'm wondering if the community is still using these, and if so what algorithms are still decent with 4gb vram.

    Feedback would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/AjPcWizLolDotJpeg
    [link] [comments]

    New Radeon VII: Code 43 (I'm stumped)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 03:57 PM PDT

    Hey guys, just bought a brand new XFX Radeon VII on eBay and wanted to make a rig inspired by this video here:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojZerk1oOjc&t=690s

    (This paragraph is a side quest, feel free to skip)

    I tried plugging the riser and card powered by a 1200w server PSU into an $80 dell pc I got on Craigslist but it wouldn't work at all. Looks like the card drew so much power from the PC it couldn't operate any of the peripherals at all even though the card itself was powered separately. If you have advice on how to make this kind of build work let me know but the real issue is this:

    I decided, fuck it. I'll just plug this card into the extra PCIE slot on my existing rig! I did that and this time the card will show up in device manager it just has a code 43 error and gave all me 5 rx470s code 43 errors as well. I've fixed this before so I ran the AMD Pixel Clock Patcher. This worked to fix the RX470s as it has before but not the VII. So I plugged just the Radeon VII in and tried everything. I tried seeing if there was a new BIOS to flash, nope, tried DDU and reinstalling drivers, tried updating the mobo BIOS, tried new risers and cables, everything I could think of.

    I called the AMD support line and the guy said that my motherboard (ASUS H81 PRO BTC) only has PCIE 2.o and that the Radeon VII uses PCIE 3.0 and that might be the issue, also that I should try without a riser and plug it in directly to the board. I haven't tried that yet since it would be a lot of time and effort to disassemble the whole rig. As for the PCIE versions, every thread I've found online says it should be backwards compatible. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? Or do I just have to go through the hell that is a warranty with a card purchased on eBay? Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/KimJongUn64
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment