• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 9, 2020

    GPU Mining Excelvan 1300w PSU?

    GPU Mining Excelvan 1300w PSU?


    Excelvan 1300w PSU?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 11:58 PM PDT

    So I picked up a bunch of stuff from another miner who was moving and he threw in a 1300w PSU but from this weird brand I have never heard of, Excelvan. Anyone have any statistics or experience with it? I'm assuming it only outputs closer to 1000w so I'm hoping it would be safe to run a 6 card 480rig with them all undervolted ofcourse. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/TopFloorMiner
    [link] [comments]

    First mining rig - setup advice needed!

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 04:55 PM PDT

    I need some advice, whether that's an OK mining rig for start. I've read ton of articles already, but would still love some users review.

    Processor: Intel Pentium G4400 3.3 GHz
    Motherboard: Biostar TB250 BTC Pro
    RAM: Kingston 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL11
    GPUs: AMD Radeon RX 5700 x2
    SSD Drive: Whatever, anything cheap
    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 1200W

    I know the only two GPUs sucks ass, but that's what I would like to start with and build with more GPUs over time. Setup above would need around 454 Watts and have a MH rate of around 101. By looking at the mining calculators, like here, with my kWh price that would be little profitable, but still.

    submitted by /u/drizzlyexpert
    [link] [comments]

    Could this be the reason?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    My rig is randomly crashing, with nothing in the event viewer. I'm almost certain it's getting enough power, I think the reason is that one of my risers might be "falling out" of the motherboard.

    One of the gpus us pretty far, and the riser USB cable JUST makes it, but it looks like the plug is at an angle. Would one or two gpus disconnecting crash the computer? Can you just use any old USB cable for your risers?

    submitted by /u/catsrcuteilikethem
    [link] [comments]

    Which PSU should i get for my 4x RX 580 rig

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    I've been trying to figure out which PSU i should get for my 4x 580 rig but i keep finding contradictory information, with online PSU calculator they always estimate it around 1050w..

    Meanwhile if i "calculate" it manually it would be 4*150w so around 600w + the system so i think 850w should be enough, i also find similar information when searching on online forums.

    So, do you think that 850w is enough for that rig? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Vaiqo
    [link] [comments]

    Maker Vault and mining

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    Anyone else looked at leverage some of their stored Eth to get cash out with a Maker Vault and use that to purchase mining equipment? Then use the Vault to pay for power and put the profits back into the vault to pay down the loan. With the current Maker Interest rates seems like a no brainer. Obviously some risk if you leverage too far. But could be a good way to make that stored value work.

    submitted by /u/cryptominer_ben
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment