• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 9, 2020

    Ethereum I don't feel like people quite appreciate what a huge deal the eWASM implementation for ETH2 is going to be

    Ethereum I don't feel like people quite appreciate what a huge deal the eWASM implementation for ETH2 is going to be


    I don't feel like people quite appreciate what a huge deal the eWASM implementation for ETH2 is going to be

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    TLDR: Ethereum has plans to support writing smart contracts with any programming language, using the same technology that's going into WebAssembly, and that's really cool

    One argument I regularly see from other smart contract platforms is that they're going to support multiple languages or a more popular programming language for their smart contracts.

    Not that developers can't pick up Solidity, once you know one language the core programming concepts carry over, but it's definitely a significant barrier to entry, especially when it's literally the only use case for that language.

    eWASM is a great solution, create a virtual machine with the same "architecture" that can run platform-independent byte-code compiled from any language, and better yet, just piggy-back off all the work developers are already doing to get the Web independent of JavaScript.

    It's a great move and eliminates what is in my opinion one of the remaining roadblocks for Ethereum development to skyrocket.

    submitted by /u/nishinoran
    [link] [comments]

    The latest Week in Ethereum News ��

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    Steps to search on ETH-ERC tokens on Uniswap by using their Contract address via TokenPocket

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Awesome Besu: Curating the best Besu plugins and resources for this incredible Ethereum client!

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    Geth node slows down over time

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    We run a geth node on gcp (gke), recently some of our features demand higher availability and generally requires 'live' blocks, we've found that the time it takes for blocks to sync sometimes randomly increases from a usual ~10 secs (which ensures that the node is catching up) to ~15-20 secs (which means the node will slowly lag behind), does anyone know why? A restart usually solves the problem.

    submitted by /u/b439988
    [link] [comments]

    How to join the Pseudonym Pairs test net

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    Eth 2.0 Questions

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    Hey guys - I've been out of the loop for ages but thought I'd check back in on the Eth PoS / Sharding progress.

    I went to this link https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Sharding-roadmap -> had to go here -> https://eth.wiki/en/sharding/sharding-roadmap & the Phase specs are broken. What's the best place to look at any timeline estimates / progress / roadmaps? (I understand things aren't set in stone & often not comitted to)

    More specifically I'm interested in how many TPS Eth PoS without sharding, when that's likely to happen & when the earliest (I know this may be delayed by 12-18 months) it might come to the Eth 2.0 chain. Also is it still true that 2.0 Phase 0 won't support smart contracts?

    submitted by /u/rdnkjdi
    [link] [comments]

    Does Ethereum use TLS 1.3?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    This is in regards to china's recent firewall blocking. I'm not a software engineer, so I would appreciate explanations.

    How does ethereum actually communicate?

    What does this mean for communication between our countries?

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.zdnet.com/google-amp/article/china-is-now-blocking-all-encrypted-https-traffic-using-tls-1-3-and-esni/

    submitted by /u/AnderBRO2
    [link] [comments]

    Selling my ETH from Ledger

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    Greetings brothers, I have my ethereum on a ledger for security, but I have once concern. In the event ethereum has a massive run and I want to sell will it not take me days or even a week to be able to transfer to an exchange and sell the tokens? Can't this be bad because I could miss a peak and potentially a lot of gains? How can I solve this problem?

    submitted by /u/domingolin
    [link] [comments]

    ACO - A Non-Custodial Options Protocol Built for DeFi - DeFi Pulse

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    TIL that a period of 2048 epochs is called an eek.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 01:08 AM PDT

    Cleverly derived from what is known as an ethereum week (being 2048 epochs or ~9.1 days).

    Source: Vitalik's excellent Annotated Ethereum 2.0 Spec.

    (https://github.com/ethereum/annotated-spec/blob/master/phase0/beacon-chain.md#how-does-eth2-proof-of-stake-work)

    submitted by /u/SomerEsat
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any websites that show you the historical price of NFTs?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    Need help with arguments: meetup edition

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    Heya,

    Ok so I am hosting a tiny little ethereum community Meetup where I live. Usually there are around 5-6 people there and of course we have been interrupted by Corona.

    But things are slowly picking up again and in two weeks is the meetup for August.

    However a week later is the bitcoin meetup and they want to discuss the question of ethereums money cap.

    Since I am in their telegram group and want to strengthen blockchain presence where I live by interconnecting the different groups/startups/projects, I wrote to them that I look forward to coming to their meetup and joining in their discussion and will discuss the topic in the ethereum Meetup that's happening a week prior.

    The thing is: I feel like those bitcoin guys are hardliners. Like really maximalist mindset.

    And while I feel very comfortable in the ethereum space, where I over the time learned blockchain basics, building Dapps, coding basic smart contracts, the EVM, a lot about the ecosystem and the stuff that's being developed, the visions and such stuff, I do not really feel confident representing ethereum against a bunch of bitcoin hardliners.

    Can you possibly equip me with some arguments? I am up to date in the roadmap to Eth2.0 and have some read up to do on EIP 1559, but other than that what arguments to you frequently hear from hardliners against ethereum? Is there anything I can prepare so that I don't get steamrolled?

    submitted by /u/Kompottkopf
    [link] [comments]

    Creating my own smart contract to lock tokens

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    Hello, i have some tokens that i would like to lock up for lets say, 2 months. Is their any way it is possible to do this?

    submitted by /u/PietroAllatta
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment