• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 11, 2020

    Bitcoin Daily Discussion, August 11, 2020

    Bitcoin Daily Discussion, August 11, 2020


    Daily Discussion, August 11, 2020

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 12:00 AM PDT

    Please utilize this sticky thread for all general Bitcoin discussions! If you see posts on the front page or /r/Bitcoin/new which are better suited for this daily discussion thread, please help out by directing the OP to this thread instead. Thank you!

    If you don't get an answer to your question, you can try phrasing it differently or commenting again tomorrow.

    Join us in the r/Bitcoin Chatroom!

    Please check the previous discussion thread for unanswered questions.

    submitted by /u/rBitcoinMod
    [link] [comments]

    10 years ago today, a BitcoinTalk user lost $600 in bitcoin. That bitcoin would now be worth $100 Million.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    Is Bitcoin our last hope against an Orwellian future?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    Tech monopolies track & control nearly all of our data, privacy is an afterthought, the government has full control over our bank accounts, etc. The disintermediation provided by BTC is the only way I see self sovereign power returning to the individual - anyone else feel this way?

    This is giving me the urge to drop off the grid & live solely off my ledger lol

    Just found this community from NewGenesis's newsletter (anonymous crypto group doing anti-status quo demonstrations), so apologies if this post is in the incorrect format.

    submitted by /u/snones
    [link] [comments]

    THE FASTEST WAY TO HELP THIS THING TO GO UP

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    it has been said a million times, but I will say it again as I feel we are near a turning point:
    The fastest way for this thing to go up is for everyone to take their BTC out of the exchanges.
    At the moment there's no other way to make sure they buy the BTC that their users "have".

    It's time to claim sovereignty over your wealth, since this is what Bitcoin was made for in the first place, and by doing so to also ensure that its value (and your capital) increase.

    Good hodling everyone.

    submitted by /u/Strtch2021
    [link] [comments]

    Bitcoin has broken its all-time high vs Argentine Peso, Turkish Lira and Brazilian Real.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 04:12 AM PDT

    Cryptographer Recovers $300,000 Worth Of Bitcoin Bought in 2016

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    Pattern in Google Trends data for search term "Bitcoin"

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:01 PM PDT

    I'll bet anything that BTC will be 100K by the end of 2022.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 03:55 PM PDT

    Back in 2018 I posted a prediction that BTC would go down to $3200. When it happened, it was a pleasant surprise and I quickly told as many people as I could to get into BTC. Of course, very few of them did. My crypto brothers and sisters, it's still not too late to get in early - I'm all in and holding strong until BTC hits 100K. I'm so confident in this prediction that I'm willing to wager anything on this bet. What do you think is the most profitable way to bet on this prediction? I'll follow through on the best comment and provide API access to monitor the trade(s).

    My prediction: https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/z9dJ8zxb-BTC-long-term-bear-prediction/

    submitted by /u/curryfanta
    [link] [comments]

    Physical Genesis Block (4x4 cube)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    Subredditstats are bullish too :)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 04:12 AM PDT

    Strike released in the app store!!! Strike links to your bank account and pays vendors with Lightning. No hassle on-boarding. Go get it and get rebates on gift cards on bitrefill.com

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    A day in a life of a Lightning network user :)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    It started with sending $20 worth of BTC from Binance to Munn wallet. Got my first confirmation in less than 5 minutes which made it spendable. From there, I topped up my phone with Bitrefill, fed some chickens on https://pollofeed.com/, You can still see seeds in the ground, they're probably sleeping right now:). Then played some Lightning-roulette.com, started with 50c, got it quadrupled then lost it all. After that and while surfing Reddit, saw a post of this guy who newly invested in crypto so I threw him a Silver Award from Bitrefill again. Then I wanted to buy some BTC merch from https://cryptoshirt.io but was expensive, so I used https://fixedfloat.com/ to convert my Sats to ETH to buy a blockchain domain :)

    FLICKING POWERFUL. Not a single transaction failed or took more than 2 seconds.

    submitted by /u/Leader92
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone present me with the bear case for Bitcoin?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 02:09 AM PDT

    I'm pretty bullish on BTC, and starting to lose sight of why some people think BTC is worthless - can anyone refer me to a counter-argument? In the interest of being balanced...

    submitted by /u/MMC5998
    [link] [comments]

    Increasing my bitcoin holdings by doing useful work

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 12:32 AM PDT

    I have stacked quite some sats up untill now and now I want them to put in use.

    My plans are:
    - selling & buying bitcoins on HODLHODL / BISQ
    - offering my coins on joinmarket
    - providing liquidity on lightning network

    Any tips or guides ? I am quite unfamiliar with hodlhodl or bisq... I am not sure what I should be careful on. any other services I could offer?

    submitted by /u/NaturalConstant4
    [link] [comments]

    Full node vs lighting node

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    Is lighting node the same as full node?

    Are there any types of different nodes?

    I want to start building my own node but I don't know how to start

    Thank for any help

    submitted by /u/God1com
    [link] [comments]

    Bitcoin trading soars in Argentina, Brazil as local currencies weaken

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:57 PM PDT

    INCOMING ! Swarms of Gold Bugs !

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    The most valued gold analysts and financial advisors are now bullish on bitcoin.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czobyM1ed9o

    submitted by /u/MistaPrimeMinista
    [link] [comments]

    Found an old thread from r/investing about bitcoin from 6 years ago. Fascinating to read about what people were thinking back then. Price was in the low 100's at the time but still managed to attract over 500 comments.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    Getting error on electrum

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    Hi, I have an electrum wallet with bitcoin. I am trying to send bitcoin out to another one of my wallets, when I try I get this error "invalid cipertext:invalid magic bytes." I am getting scared what does this mean?

    submitted by /u/exploitableiq
    [link] [comments]

    what is up with https://bitcoinwisdom.io/

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 12:52 AM PDT

    unsafe...?

    submitted by /u/btcplzgoup
    [link] [comments]

    Simple exchange for begginers

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    Look I just really want an exchange that I can just buy cryptos and exchange n sell. Simple. I've heard about kraken, coinbase, and binance and all of them big ones but they dont suit me. Is there any simple exchanges out there(no kyc preffered)

    submitted by /u/Osage7
    [link] [comments]

    Bitpay finally allows bc1 Segwit wallets. The ability to send 1 sat/byte transactions. The ability to send Unconfirmed Funds.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 12:24 AM PDT

    Frankie Macdonald's latest info on Bitcoin

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    Im starting to invest in crypto! Id like to thank everyone who helped in my last post. I really appreciate it guys!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    Bitcoin Surge Due To Capital Flight In Asia: Max Keiser

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment