• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 8, 2020

    GPU Mining Strategy considering the upcoming next generation of GPUs

    GPU Mining Strategy considering the upcoming next generation of GPUs


    Strategy considering the upcoming next generation of GPUs

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:02 PM PST

    I'm regularly mining in the last three years with a mix of GTX 1070/1080 cards. Energy is not a concern, so it's profitable anyway (although very disappointing compared to the past). But with the announcement of the upcoming Nvidia 7nm Ampere GPU this year I started to sell my GTX 1070 cards for about 60% of how much I paid, because I'm afraid the new generation of cards will probably reduce the profitability even more and also reduce the resell price of my used cards.

    But I starting to wonder if I should keep selling these cards based on the negative impact of the next generation of GPUs, or if it's still worth to keep mining with the old cards considering energy is not a concern and that it would take about 1 year and half to get the same amount of money that I would get selling each card.

    1 year and half seems like a decent ROI, but until then things could change for much worse.

    So, what do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/ninjaurbano
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment