• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 11, 2018

    GPU Mining Finally, after 5 months of waiting for parts and my two GPU’s, and some troubleshooting earlier, I got my very first rig up and running. Idc if it’s a waste or bad timing, I’m just glad to be doing it. 2x 1070ti’s

    GPU Mining Finally, after 5 months of waiting for parts and my two GPU’s, and some troubleshooting earlier, I got my very first rig up and running. Idc if it’s a waste or bad timing, I’m just glad to be doing it. 2x 1070ti’s


    Finally, after 5 months of waiting for parts and my two GPU’s, and some troubleshooting earlier, I got my very first rig up and running. Idc if it’s a waste or bad timing, I’m just glad to be doing it. 2x 1070ti’s

    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 03:14 PM PDT

    Anyone interested to try a new Profit Switcher? (win)

    Posted: 11 Apr 2018 05:35 AM PDT

    Hello fellow miners - MOAMiner is going public!

    Over the last months, we made a new Profit Switching Application for Windows. Officially it is in BETA phase, but we already use it on multiple rigs since a longer time. MOAMiner was initially made because some of us were not satisfied with existing solutions. A short list of the current features:

    • Profit Switching (currently NiceHash, MiningPoolHub, ZergPool, AHashPool, BlazePool, zPool)
    • Online Monitoring of your rigs
    • Groups the rig by GPU Type
    • Multithreaded Benchmarking
    • and more
    • and much more to come

    MOAMiner is basically free to download, but there are fees in the form of 15 minute Fee-Mining per 24h (may be lower in the future). Also benchmarking is done on our behalf at the moment.

    Online Monitoring (needs a free account at moaminer.com) is integrated and comes together with MOAMiner - we decided to go with a mining fee instead of purchasing - feel free to tell us your opinion.

    You can get the installer at moaminer.com if you want to check it out. Prepare for Windows Defender reporting Trojans when downloading the miners (they come from official sources like github if possible)

    Disclaimer: This version is an early beta. It comes currently with 3 miners preinstalled (ccminer/tpruvot,dstm,suprminer) and is only tested on NVIDIA GPUs under Win10. We don't know at the moment how other systems will work out with the current version.

    We would love to get some feedback, what features should be added with priority and what you would like to have integrated - basically, tell us what you are missing in your currently used software

    Join our discord: https://discord.gg/MabJRKp or subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/moaminer/

    FYI: If you want to have a look at how the Online Stats look like - we have made our test-rigs reporting public, so you can have a look: http://moaminer.com/public/xMozfE0T

    submitted by /u/ActionSmurf
    [link] [comments]

    AMD and Nvidia mining on Same PC

    Posted: 11 Apr 2018 08:30 AM PDT

    new miner here. anyone here mine zcash using this combination? I have a 1070Ti and a AMD 480 is coming in. If you are, what miner are you using? AIO ?

    submitted by /u/mdt427
    [link] [comments]

    1080TI powered off single 6 pin?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2018 08:13 AM PDT

    Would a 6 pin connected to a splitter cable that turns it into dual 8 pin be sufficient to power a 1080 ti? the 1080ti has 2 8 pin slots. I do have a second available 6 pin on the PSU but would need another 6 to 8 pin cable so was just checking out my options.

    submitted by /u/brentwhisnant
    [link] [comments]

    Airdrops: Giveaways, Tokens and Free Bitcoins – What’s under the Hood? Part 1.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2018 08:05 AM PDT

    During times of war, airdrops were used to deliver post, food, cigarettes and even booze (what doesn't break only makes us drunker). In peacetime, they help us beat computer games and allow iOS users to quickly share photos and videos. In the crypto world, "airdrop" means a giveaway – the one true purpose in life of a classic freeloader. And also a measure startups are forced to take to get some exposure. It's tricky to do that on social media these days. Everything started with bounty programmes. Startups wanted to save money on designers, community managers and translators, so they offered to pay for this work in tokens. If the project wasn't some sort of scam, this arrangement suited all parties. And it was in their common interest to get the job done well. The next stage was bringing friends into Telegram channels, Facebook pages and Bitcointalk threads. Some ICOs spent about 5% of all their issued tokens on this. While other sly foxes even tried to sponge off the phenomenon. Why don't we make our own ICO to help other people hold cool ICOs to support awesome ICOs? 😀 And then came airdrops. The classic format looks like this: sign up, repost something and give the address of your Ethereum wallet. In a couple of days/weeks/months, the tokens will be credited to your balance. Hundreds of groups on Twitter, Telegram and Facebook post news about more than 30 new airdrops every single day. So you're always up to date. Sounds like a fairy tale, right? Then why not drop everything to make multiple accounts and wallets and earn tons of crypto while sitting on your arse? Read more here: https://shitcoinoffering.com/airdrops-giveaways-tokens-and-free-bitcoins-whats-under-the-hood-part-1/

    submitted by /u/shitcoinoffering
    [link] [comments]

    I just released a cryptonightv7 pool that pays straight to btc. Any feedback is appreciated :)

    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 08:41 PM PDT

    should I try AMD cards?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2018 03:04 AM PDT

    I have built few rigs based on Nvidia 1060 cards and I am very happy with them( good value for money).I am about to build another rig and considering to diversify with AMD cards. Any reason to do or not to do so?

    submitted by /u/5p458d28
    [link] [comments]

    6pin SATA/Periph to power GPU?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 10:35 PM PDT

    I am in the process of making my own custom cables, because I feel like that's the safest way to ensure my rig is powered correctly.

    My PSU offers (2) 6+2 PCIE connections and (4) 6pin SATA/Periph connections. PSU is a TX850M and I have 6 1060s.

    My plan has been to power each GPU and riser with one connection from the PSU. This means that I am hoping to power one GPU and riser (x4) from a SATA/Periph connection on the PSU. This cable will start at PSU as 6pin SATA/Periph and will split into a 6pin PCIe to the GPU and a molex to power the riser. My concern is that these 6pin SATA/Periph connections only have one 12 v line. Will this be safe to run a 1060 and a riser from a 6pin SATA/Periph connection?

    I'm not too concerned with the 8pin connections as they were made for this. But I am seeking guidance on how to handle these SATA/Peripheral outputs. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Shittawhatever
    [link] [comments]

    You guys are still buying GPU's?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 12:47 PM PDT

    The title says it all, are you still building rigs at this point in time?

    Here in Belgium the electricity fees are so high i can't imagine doing it atm but you never know..

    Edit : So in summary those with cheap electronic : yes. The rest : No.

    No surprise I guess. Well I have 3 x 1080ti for sale.. 😢

    submitted by /u/PrxdGF
    [link] [comments]

    Zcash Guide: how to mine Zcash | Best GPU for mining Zcash

    Posted: 11 Apr 2018 05:55 AM PDT

    Electrical advice needed (Summer is coming baby)

    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 09:44 PM PDT

    The past winter was fun. I was able to use mining profit to grow(sadly not cashing out) from 1 R9 390 back July last year to 150 GPU(mostly 80ti and vega and some 70ti) , 30kw. Impossible to run at residence and I am about to lease a small place with 3 phase 200 amp dedicated for my use. I run the cards off 20A 57KVA PDUs. From my learning 240V 3 phase 200Amp delta(high leg) means 240 * 200 * 0.8 * 1.732=almost 65kw usable power. However, a conversation with one electrician friend tells me that the transformer may or may not able to provide that much single phase power since all PSUs are single phase, "single leg could blow the transformer on the street". I am not an electrical engineer by training so not exactly sure what does that mean and a few calls to local electrician didn't give me an clear answer. Most electrician dealing with industrial scale are working with three phase appliances? I guess I need to find one electrician has experience with data center? Anyways, I find so many talented contributors here this sub. Does anyone has an idea about: 1. How much max power usable for mining (240V 3 phase delta high leg 200Amp) I am still underwater $20~30K but want to buy the dip and buy another 10~20 kw worth of Vega as well as letting some of my friends use the space during the summer. So capacity allowance is very important. 2. Does the 3 phase PDU somehow automatically "balance" the phases? Am I better off just running them off regular 240V wall outlets?

    Any inputs greatly appreciated!!!!

    submitted by /u/ByzantiumGo
    [link] [comments]

    Just curious, how many of you guys mining are University Students?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 05:58 PM PDT

    Do you mine in the dorms?

    submitted by /u/drippydroppy1
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have the XFX RX 480 Elpida Reference bios??

    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 03:48 PM PDT

    I corrupted my hard drive and I cannot find the bios anywhere please help!!

    submitted by /u/coopsindahouse
    [link] [comments]

    Low hashrate on RVN/x16r

    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 07:59 AM PDT

    Hello, hope someone knows what the deal with my mining rig is. I see so many reporting alot higher rates than im getting. Any clues on what could be wrong? Tried multiple miners, all with the same low hashrate. All gpus at stock setting except 80% TPD. Intensity set to 21 (tried adjusting it lower with barely any change)

    Tried running each the cards alone but they still perform really bad.

    6 cards should do more than 8500 kH/s ...

    https://imgur.com/a/PcgZO

    https://twitter.com/Ravencoiner/status/972934259982897152

    Specs:

    • OS - Win 10 Pro 64 Bit
    • MB - MSI Z270 SLI Plus
    • CPU - Intel Core i7-7700
    • RAM - 2x4 GB hyperx ddr4 2133 hz
    • SSD - Kingstong 120GB
    • 4 x GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 WF - 8GB
    • 2 x GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC - 11GB
    • 2 x Corsair RM1000i
    submitted by /u/spinnzzor
    [link] [comments]

    Monero Experiences Major Drop in Hashrate Following Hard Fork

    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 11:41 AM PDT

    Prohashing equihash

    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 08:27 AM PDT

    Has anyone tried prohashing equihash? I got it set up, but I am not getting a profit amount so I have no idea if its doing well or not

    submitted by /u/kansurr
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor not getting signal on newly built rig...

    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 06:39 AM PDT

    EDIT: I manged to fix it somehow. Plugged out everything except the essentials, and suddenly it worked. Running at full speed now!

    So I recently built my first mining rig, but note that this isn't the first time I've built a computer from scratch.

    Basically, my H81 Pro isn't sending a signal to the monitor from either the VGA input from the mobo, or from the 1070ti with a DVI cable (monitor doesn't have HDMI).

    Now I'm just wondering, is there something I might've missed, that's different from building a normal rig?

    I've gone through pretty much everything on this list: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

    With no luck..

    It's also worth nothing that at first, it would boot up, then instantly turn off. I plugged in the power to the riser (cuz I didn't know about that at first) and it now boots up properly, but still no signal.

    Here's a pic of the mobo: https://i.gyazo.com/e6e03ab47ecd58776ac3a360b8745689.jpg (high quality)

    The USB stick is a windows install one, I assumed I'd have to plug that in to actually get the computer going?

    submitted by /u/Tex--
    [link] [comments]

    the powering riser cable 8 pin to 2x 6 + 2pin is secure to use with riser v008s?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 09:00 AM PDT

    I was thinking of buying these cables just to power the risers, and the my thirtheen evga gtx 1070 I would put the 8pin normal cable, does it have any problem I do this?

    my mobo is B250 Mining Expert

    submitted by /u/MTMarquesBR
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment