• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 5, 2018

    [Daily Discussion] Thursday, April 05, 2018 Bitcoin Markets

    [Daily Discussion] Thursday, April 05, 2018 Bitcoin Markets


    [Daily Discussion] Thursday, April 05, 2018

    Posted: 04 Apr 2018 09:05 PM PDT

    Thread topics include, but are not limited to:

    • General discussion related to the day's events
    • Technical analysis, trading ideas & strategies
    • Quick questions that do not warrant a separate post

    Thread guidelines:

    • Be excellent to each other.
    • Do not make posts outside of the daily thread for the topics mentioned above.

    Other ways to interact:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    India finally bans crypto exchanges.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2018 04:52 AM PDT

    RBI gave an official statement. https://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/BS_PressReleaseDisplay.aspx?prid=43574

    read point 13. for your information RBI is the central bank of india and controls and regulates all banking policies in india. crypto to fiat exhanges to close their operations.

    submitted by /u/makky95
    [link] [comments]

    Are Fractional Reserve CryptoCurrencies influencing the value of Bitcoin?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2018 09:31 AM PDT

    I see a substantial portion of alts acting as a fractional reserve tool against Bitcoin. I'm curious to develop these thoughts, but I haven't seen anybody talking about it. I'm curious to develop a system that measures the total market impact, but I'm not sure how to model it.

    How to create a reserve

    1. Pre mine
    2. ICO
    3. Buy up your own supply to maintain a price point

    Analogy

    I have a fish farm I've managed to collect 10,000 fish. I decided to sell my fish. But, I was thinking, maybe, I'd like to stockpile these fish myself. So, when someone buys a fish from me I'm going to turn around and use the money they paid me to buy a fish for myself, from myself. I'll take that fish and put it in a different pond where I'm not selling fish.

    Because I bought a fish for myself, from myself, t looks like I have more money to buy more fish from myself, again. I know, I'll buy another fish from myself and put it in my other pond, again. Now I'll do that 9,900 times.

    Hey, what do you know I sold all my fish at $10 each. That means I have $99,000 in my pond.

    This process repeats as the remaining small supply is easily bought up. I acquire more cash and I'm able to maintain a higher price point.

    Explanation

    Alts appear to be issuing valued tokens against deposits of other CCs. They only issue a small portion of their assets and they issue a small enough amount that they are able to buy up their own supply when there is excess supply in the market. Their tokens are the credit that represent a fraction of their supply of more trusted alternatives like Bitcoin.

    Questions

    1. Is this a good explanation of fractional reserve banking? How could it be better?
    2. Is it consistent with your observations of the alt market? How does it deviate?
    3. What methods do you know of to model and test this theory?
    submitted by /u/jarederaj
    [link] [comments]

    Indicators of Cryptocurrency — Fibonacci Retracement

    Posted: 04 Apr 2018 08:53 PM PDT

    The next article in a series explaining technical indicators, what they are and how they are used. This article is on the Fibonacci Retracement. View Article

    submitted by /u/Senorviva
    [link] [comments]

    Are you reporting your crypto gains/losses in 2017 on your tax return?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2018 05:06 PM PDT

    A lot of my friends are saying that it's unlikely that the IRS will audit individuals with small to modest gains this year but I'm not quite sure. I feel the tax authorities will be paying extra close attention this year. I found this article helpful - blockminded.com/crypto-and-taxes/ - what do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/mceaton125
    [link] [comments]

    Self-hosted open source crypto portfolio? No web service or app.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2018 03:35 PM PDT

    Hey all, I found a ton of various crypto portfolio posts on reddit but not one (sorry if I missed it, pls link!), that would suit the more paranoid, belt-and-suspenders-minded of us.

    Would you be able to recommend a private (self-hosted, open source, encrypted?) portfolio, with a broad coin/token coverage, that optimally uses an API (eg. cryptocompare) as well as manual entry and allows you to customize your holdings in a more granular way, like add individual purchases as sub-entries for a coin and calculate the value as a weighted average, maybe configure some sort of alerts or goals, or even some simple functions/watchdogs, that would track the coin in a specific way (cap/value increased by 30% in 2 days or so)? Something quite modular, yet simple? CLI-only is not a problem.

    I searched on GitHub and found some: applebaum/open-cryptofolio, benmarten/CryptoETF, huwwp/cryptop or Cybourgeoisie/cryptofolio. I guess what I'm also looking for is a recommendation from peple with hands-on experience with any of these (or a better one!).

    Thank you very much for your time reading this and any constructive comments!

    submitted by /u/mastsinkbuoy
    [link] [comments]

    what is Ico marketing?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2018 04:20 AM PDT

    How can i do ICO marketing?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2018 04:49 AM PDT

    Crypto Self-Regulation

    Posted: 04 Apr 2018 07:56 PM PDT

    Sentiment analytics trading signal hit the bitcoin low point almost to the hour resulting in 15% return on btc.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2018 11:52 AM PDT

    BTC gain its the previous Position

    Posted: 05 Apr 2018 12:20 AM PDT

    Now the BTC fell down and gain its previous position.

    submitted by /u/saleenasmith
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment