• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 6, 2018

    GPU Mining Optimal GTX 1080 Equihash Power Consumption

    GPU Mining Optimal GTX 1080 Equihash Power Consumption


    Optimal GTX 1080 Equihash Power Consumption

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 09:35 PM PST

    PSA: Your profit is dependent on your electricity cost per kwh.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 04:07 AM PST

    Maybe you saw this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/gpumining/comments/82cq5d/optimal_gtx_1080_equihash_power_consumption/

    Optimal hashing power for Equihash. Well he said that he calculated it with $0.1 in his minde. And people argued about effectivity vs profitability....

    I have news for you guys. The optimal working point for your rig is ddependent on how much your kw/h cost.

    Here is an overwiev of my rig: https://imgur.com/a/rzz1r

    Its 3 x 1080 + 3 x 1080ti on +180gpu and +600 mem.

    As you can see on the left side there are different prices for electricity. For every electricity price i calculated each cost for the power consumption. And you can clearly see that at different prices, different power limits become the most profitable.

    If you run at $0,1 for your electricity then 90% powerlimit becomes the most profitable (Most likely higher but 90% is the max power limit my rig can run on.).

    If you are living in an area like me in germany, your kw/h costs around $0.33, then you are better off to set your rig at 65% power limit.

    Hope this could settle the waves and help you coin in that sweet sweet crypto.

    This is how i calcualted: https://imgur.com/a/yJsh1

    submitted by /u/Odatas
    [link] [comments]

    AIOMiner 8

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 07:19 PM PST

    [WebTracking] Mining tracking for Miningpoolhub, Zpool, AhashPool, ZergPool

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 07:10 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    Website: http://miningtrack.com/

    We've created a new page for tracking on zpool.ca, miningpoolhub.com, ahashpool.com, zergpool.com. Just simple input a Wallet and you can monitor your workers mining. Many features, pool, application will release soon.

    Any suggestions, please send to our email: luunguyenbk@gmail.com

    Thank you for all

    submitted by /u/luunguyenbk
    [link] [comments]

    One month for free (0% fee) mining for BTCP - everyone is WELCOME !

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 01:39 AM PST

    My new 4U mining beauties!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 12:55 AM PST

    RavenCoin X16R Miner released for AMD !

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 06:17 AM PST

    1 GPU mining and gaming

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 05:03 AM PST

    Currently I have 1 1080 in my PC, which I use to mine when I am at work, using multipoolminer connected up to miningpoolhub. So far, its going great with no issues.
    I am wondering if there will be a way to tone down the intensity so that I could play some games while mining, for example WoW.
    Or would the massively lowered intensity make this not worth it at all?

    submitted by /u/iTipTurtles
    [link] [comments]

    Never use SATA for risers or GPU (Video)

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 05:00 AM PST

    Why is this happening? Not all coins only a few even if its the same algorithm.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 04:59 AM PST

    Token focused on selling hash power to organizations

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 03:48 PM PST

    Power efficiency question

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 04:13 AM PST

    I currently have 4 1070s mining eth running at 65%, power and temp at 60, fans are auto running about 25%. The memory clock at near max 4452 +550 and core at 1594 -100. I was reading a previous post about maxing profitability but I'm curious what I should be changing. I'm running right at 31 Mh/s. I'm not sure there is much room for improvement.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/nowak1981
    [link] [comments]

    [Tutorial] How To Mine Bitcoin Private BTCP - Mining Profits - GPU Mining - DSTM/smOS

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 03:35 PM PST

    Airflow, Blow Towards GPU or Exhaust?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 12:16 AM PST

    [Noob here] How much can I make by mining at night with the following spec?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 01:09 AM PST

    I want to mine coins with my PC that i play games. It has GTX 960 with 8GB of RAM. I'm thinking to use Claymore miner and for pools, ethermine for ETH and suprnova for DCR. I want to know how to calculate the estimate cost of electricity and the estimate coins that my PC can mine.

    After a few google searches, hash rate with GTX 960 for ETH is only 5-8 MH/s. :(

    Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advanced.

    submitted by /u/unique__uname
    [link] [comments]

    Screen goes red after mining for a bit. Anyone know whats going on?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 04:28 PM PST

    Anyone tried mining with wifi?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 11:46 PM PST

    So I bought a small USB wifi adopter for mining, but it seems it make me some rejected share. Any advice 😥?

    submitted by /u/Hansonic
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble getting 7 GPU's to show up on Z-270a.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 11:14 PM PST

    Heya.

    Z-270A rig here. 6x 1070's and 1x 1080 running. 6x 1070's were on and working with no issues until I added a new 1080 tonight.

    I used the BBT guide here for Bios setup. 4g is enabled.

    Windows 10. Paging file is set high. All 7 cards showed up and were mining. No issues. Nicehash suggested I update my drivers.

    Updated drivers (using standalone, not the Geforce experience) and now only 5/7 show up.

    Tried swapping the riser ports around and ended up with only 3 GPU's showing up, and since I saw all 7 working the first time I'm confident it's not an issue with the plug choice. It's a software issue here.

    Moved them back to original placement and have 5 running now.

    Did DDU and reinstalled drivers. Still only 5 showing up. No, there aren't 2 extra uninstalled display drivers.

    Appreciate any help rendered. If someone solves it I'll tip $10 in BTC because I am out of ideas.

    submitted by /u/Skwomp
    [link] [comments]

    Nvidia gtx1070 ti getting this glitchy pattern

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 10:00 PM PST

    After sometime of mining I get these patterns https://i.imgur.com/CsmGaja.jpg I have done overclock to the GPU according to whattomine Please help

    submitted by /u/GODBeerus
    [link] [comments]

    How much is a Gtx 1050Ti Making?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 09:14 PM PST

    I was curious to see how much the 1050TI was racking in ? Or maybe not racking in...

    submitted by /u/TheDyylan
    [link] [comments]

    My power supply just released a genie

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 04:11 PM PST

    My rig was off, and I figured it was the updates I scheduled. I rubbed it, made a wish, turned it on, and the PSU turned into a volcano.

    I had a bridged eVga 750w bronze and a 500w gold supply. The eVga was only two weeks or so into service - any chance they have a reasonable return policy?

    Since I have to disassemble the entire thing and test everything in my PC, should I expect any of this shit to actually work anymore? I've never seen a PSU blow like this, so wondering how much disappointment I should expect

    submitted by /u/DirtyBowlJimmy
    [link] [comments]

    Investing in a $2500 rig with free electricity?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 07:56 AM PST

    My situation is that: (1) I can buy a $2,500 rig in good condition that can do Ethhash @ 180 Mh/s [6x RX 580 8GB]; (2) I have no electricity costs now and in the future; and (3) I want to get into mining as a hobbyist and cover my $2,500 cost by 2019.

    Assuming that (1) ETH stays at ~$850 and (2) ETH mining difficulty stays at ~3100T, then I'd be making ~$350 profit/month and would break even in about 7 months.

    However, I'm aware that (1) ETH mining difficulty is rapidly rising and (2) the PoS transition/ice age is coming -- among other things like ETH price.

    Given all of those conditions, part of me feels like investing in the rig is a good decision mainly because of my free electricity situation. After I cover the initial cost of the rig, I am guaranteed a monthly profit as long as any minable coin with value exists in the future.

    The main problems I see are: (1) I may not be able to recover the $2,500 cost by my 2019 goal either by converting to USD monthly or by holding/speculating coin until January 2019 and then cashing out; and (2) after the ETH PoS transition, there will be so many miners ready to jump on the next coin that all that is left is speculating -- and no monthly cashout option of more than $100 USD (for a 180 Mh/s rig).

    I know the "am I too late?" question gets asked all the time, but I figure my situation is different in that I have 0 electricity costs. (Edit: Flipping the GPU's/rig isn't an option since part of the good price is that I'd be continuing my friend's "mining legacy").

    What do you think? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/MoggyCat
    [link] [comments]

    Distribute power from PS to risers!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 10:27 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/iMbRN

    Don't forget to distribute your power to your risers from your PS! This was 5 rx570 powered risers! (GPU power cables are distributed correctly). Yes, I used molex to the risers, but all went to 1 PSU connection.

    This is a a Corsair 1000w.

    submitted by /u/PhilSocal
    [link] [comments]

    [Idea] What would you like to see in a mining OS?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 08:12 AM PST

    We are looking into developing (yet another) mining OS. Right now EthOS, SMOS, and HiveOS are the most popular offerings - What features would you love to see in a new OS and what would be a fair price you would be willing to pay for it?

    Edit: By Mining OS I mean a mining OS and a management panel.

    submitted by /u/nhass
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone used the new Sapphire RX 570 4GB single fan model?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2018 12:25 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment