• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 4, 2018

    GPU Mining My Vega 56 and RX 580 mining rig

    GPU Mining My Vega 56 and RX 580 mining rig


    My Vega 56 and RX 580 mining rig

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 09:23 PM PST

    [Off-topic] Merch USB Sticks shaped like GPU

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 04:33 AM PST

    I was just wondering if you guys has received merch USB sticks looking like GPUs such as the this Radeon one or this Nvidia one, and if you could sell it to me.

    I'd like to build a micro build like this for a PCRM friend's birthday.

    I hope I don't break a rule by posting here, but this is the place I know with most GPU per person.

    submitted by /u/BiochemLouis
    [link] [comments]

    RudeHash 4.0 out with support for MPM monitoring and NiceHash

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 07:58 PM PST

    Issues after power surge

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 06:36 AM PST

    So the other night my apartment had a power surge and the lights flickered for a good 10sec. I didn't think anything of it because my miner has two separate surge protectors. Well turns out my surge protectors apparently didn't do their jobs because now my miner won't boot up unless I unplug 5 of my 8 risers. To clarify it could be any of the 3 risers that stay plugged in and it'll boot up, I messed around with the order many times and proved all the actually cards work. My first go to is to order 8 new risers(weakest link), does anyone else have advise or any other opinion on what my problem could be?

    Ps. My rig is a 6x 1080ti + 2x 1060 with two separate 1000w power supplies running on simplemining os

    submitted by /u/na2tt300zx
    [link] [comments]

    Best GPU for < 200 CAD?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 06:19 AM PST

    I found 200$ lying around yesterday, thinking of adding it to my rig.

    I can get: R7 360 2GB - 130$ 560 2GB - 150$ 1050 2GB - 165$ 560 (896 Core) 4GB - 190$

    Is the 360 a good choice? Or should I go for the 560 2GB or the 1050?

    submitted by /u/Aceoro
    [link] [comments]

    Price drops?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 03:48 AM PST

    Is it just me or has the past 5-6 days been trash? I'm making crap compared to early last month and mid to late Jan. What gives?

    submitted by /u/ryuujinusa
    [link] [comments]

    BTCP mining return calc anywhere?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 03:37 AM PST

    Hi all, currently mining Zcash with my 1060s but I'm wondering if it's worth switching to BTCP - is there a profitability calculator anywhere?

    Cheers.

    submitted by /u/a_llama_vortex
    [link] [comments]

    I used to hate the cold.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 09:29 AM PST

    EWBF auto restart

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 06:37 AM PST

    So I'm having problems with the EWBF zcash miner. Basically like once a day, for some reason or another it stops. Sometimes I get exit code 46, sometimes it just freezes and stops mining, sometimes it does something else. I have a remote desktop setup and check occasionally and restart through that when I see a problem but frequently I'll check only to find out it has been down 5 hours.

    Does anyone know a way to have the rig automatically restart when the miner stops hashing or I lose a gpu? If that is difficult, a script to simply restart the miner would do. Getting pretty frustrated losing several hours a day to this crap. I'm running win 10

    submitted by /u/cryptohoarder144
    [link] [comments]

    Need some advice on a 21x 1070 rig if its running right

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 06:25 AM PST

    So I mined the whole month of feb using miningpoolhub and awesome miner with profit switching, I am auto switching coins to eth. It mined 1.1eth, I just want to know if this sounds about right? all cards are overclocked and are reaching the same hashrates as others on here.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/thatusernameisalredy
    [link] [comments]

    Someone has made a auto switch python script for hiveos

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 06:24 AM PST

    PSU recommendation for 1 Gtx 1060, 1 Gtx 1070 and 1 1080

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 06:17 AM PST

    Hi guys!

    Im building my first rig and I was wondering if anyone can help me choose a PSU. The rig will have a GigaByte Gtx 1060 Windforce 3 GB, an Asus Gtx 1070 Dual and a Zotac 1080 amp extreme. The psu's I was thinking of were the EVGA 850W Bronze BQ 110-BQ-0850-V2 and the EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 750W Gold (220-G3-0750). Electricity is not a factor for me, so Im kinda leaning over to the EVGA 850W because its cheaper in my country. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/stalemate3
    [link] [comments]

    1080ti downclocking its core and memory while mining?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 09:07 PM PST

    So I noticed something interesting today while configuring my 3 EVGA 1080ti FTW3 Hybrids for optimal mining and I wanted to see what your guys' opinions were on why this is happening.

    First, all 3 cards are running in the OC mode BIOS so that I have greater control of the power limit band. Second, I enabled K-Boost in EVGA's Precision XOC software to get a base reading as to what their self-identified limits are. The K-Boost results were 2,088 Mhz GPU clock and a 6,118 Mhz memory clock.

    Great! I thought. But as soon as I configured Nicehash (yes, I'm a lazy pleb, I know) and hit start, the clock speeds of all 3 cards dropped down to 1,997 Mhz and 5,505 Mhz respectively.

    I've ruled out thermal throttling as my GPU and memory temperatures stay below 55 Celsius thanks to the hybrid design. I'm very curious to know what causes these cards to drop their clocks when mining. All theories are welcomed.

    submitted by /u/Sludgiest
    [link] [comments]

    1060 Mining rates?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 05:17 AM PST

    I've got a single Asus GTX 1060 3gb running nicehash. My estimated per day is normally around $1.15. Isn't that kind of low? I've seen posts around here talking about people making $1.10 a day with a GT 1030, and I just feel like I should be making more from a 1060. Should I be using something other than nicehash?

    submitted by /u/asthedodo
    [link] [comments]

    448 Shares in 1 day? Usually 1000+

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 03:39 AM PST

    Maximum USB cable length for risers?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 12:40 AM PST

    I have my rig split up into 2 parts and the 60cm (2') cable included with risers just isn't long enough to connect the cards on the 2nd rack to the Mainboard on the first. So I thought I'd just buy some 1.8m (6') USB 3.0 extensions, but only one out of 3 cards was recognized when using the extensions, and not reliably.

    Has anyone tried something similar and figured out how long cables can be without losing connectivity?

    submitted by /u/coinwiz84
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone Mining with a 1080 Rog Strix?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 05:46 PM PST

    I've been looking everywhere, maybe I don't know the correct places to look but I can't find any settings for clocking and power. I'm running SMOS and have core clock +100, memory +1200 and power at 220. Getting about 600 sol/s

    submitted by /u/Jordanl91
    [link] [comments]

    Hiveos Malware Hack prevention

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 04:05 PM PST

    hi guys i was hoping anyone had ideas for me to not get hacked. So i use hiveos for months and 2 times now my machine displayed offline but the cards still ran. I connected to see whats going on and it is mining.. but to another address that i did not set (and a different currency). I have no idea how they do this but I hope anyone has any tips or feedback.

    submitted by /u/poroherder
    [link] [comments]

    Monthly Simple Questions Thread

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 07:09 PM PST

    Thanks to /r/buildapc, we're stealing this periodic thread idea! Thanks guys!


    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and searching before posting!).

    Examples of questions:

    • What should I mine?

    • Is this build good enough to mine?

    • Which PSU should I get for _____ GPUs?

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Please remember that we're here to HELP you, not do it for you.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/gpumining mods? We welcome your mod mail!


    Previous Threads:

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Troubling shooting a card that keeps resetting.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 08:55 PM PST

    I have 4 identical Rx570s that in the same rig, (7 were all bought in the same batch). 6 of the 7 run fine, I can OC them 2050, probably 2100. One card seems a little problematic and I run it at 2000. All cards set to 1100 core.

    One card in the 4x gpu rig seems to crash the system if I try anywhere close 2000 mhz. I dropped it down to 1900 and it stopped crashing the system, but then I notice it the OC will reset to factory defaults. So it seems like the card is crashing, but coming back. I have to reset it in Afterburner. So should I lower OC even lower than 1900?! Could it be a defective card. I have all my cards set to -20 to 25% TDP but have this one running at -13% to try and keep it more stable

    submitted by /u/the_nin_collector
    [link] [comments]

    Dell RX 570 Bios Mod Questions

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 08:34 PM PST

    First time loading a bios on a AMD card. I was looking into loading a modded bios on to my rx 570 that came with a newly acquired dell (personal computer used for my business). I verified with GPUZ my card has hynix memory. I found this thread that someone posted a bios on but after flashing the video out wasn't work. I didn't run pixel patcher before restarting. I was able to reflash the original bios, thanks to a riser on another computer.

    From what I gather most X70/X80x have a silent operation switch which needs to be set for bios modding but I cannot find it on this board. Is the silent switch necessary?

    My question is was the video issue primarily from not running pixel patcher after loading the bios but before restarting? Anyone had experience with the Dell RX570s, supposedly they are just rebadged 470s.

    I'm using the crimson driver not the blockchain drivers, how essential is this. Watched a UFDtech video saying crimson was comparable to blockchain when using compute mode and not necessary for optimized mining.

    Getting 20MH/s using DaggerHashimoto algo but trying to push for upper 20s while keeping temps at/below 70C.

    submitted by /u/khartster
    [link] [comments]

    Core clock negative setting?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 08:02 PM PST

    I'm reading a few settings people have posted on a mining forum that suggests u put the core clock setting to negative and a higher memory clock setting.. Is this because it will reduce the wattage?

    I currently have a 1060 3gb asus with Samsung board. At first I was running my claymore with power +100, temp 85, core clock +120, memory clock +750, fan speed auto and its beem stable the past 3 days with a hash of 23-25 Mh/s.

    Received my kill a watt and it says that its drawing 180watt! Is that a lot? People are posting they are getting roughly 100-120watt. My PC is i5 8600k 16gb ddr4 500gb ssd 650w psu Kraken x62 aio. Not sure if any of this matters.

    What I would like to know is also, should my coreclock always be negative? Even when I decide to upgrade to a mining rig in the future with multiple gpu's? Thank you kindly.

    submitted by /u/SUCHNOOBPLZHALP
    [link] [comments]

    What Program Can I use to mine Altcoins Directly?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 07:47 PM PST

    I am hoping to mine altcoins and im not sure what program i should use to mine altcoins ? I wanna mine little things if you have any suggestions let me know! Ive hear alot of electronium and im not sure how to mine something like this!

    submitted by /u/TheDyylan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment