• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 22, 2018

    GPU Mining Got my mug!

    GPU Mining Got my mug!


    Got my mug!

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 04:28 PM PDT

    Gpu identification

    Posted: 22 Mar 2018 05:27 AM PDT

    WIN 7, 6 gpus. How are they numbered? Device manger, Afterburner, Nicehash legacy

    Each numbers the cards differently. GPUZ doesnt even bother

    One is acting up but i cant tell which. Do i have to play the fan game?

    submitted by /u/drji3m
    [link] [comments]

    How do you monitor your rigs?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2018 07:40 AM PDT

    I'm currently working on a web-based service that allows you to monitor your mining rigs and pools. Many features are already implemented, and the list is expanding continuously. Detailed Information: Bitcointalk thread

    My questions: How do you monitor your rigs? Do you use services like awesomeminer.com or ethmonitoring.com? If so, do you miss something on these sites? What do you want a good monitoring service to offer? Are you willing to "expose" your miners (read only) API to the WWW?

    submitted by /u/somethingiswrong36
    [link] [comments]

    Riserless MOBO - 1070's

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 02:27 PM PDT

    System freezes after 15 seconds of mining on Asus B250 Mining Expert

    Posted: 22 Mar 2018 07:16 AM PDT

    I just upgraded my mining server from an old P5Q Pro with a Q6600 to a Asus B250 Mining Expert with a G4620 and 4GB of ram and upgraded from a corsair HX750i to a HX1200i. I reused an Intel 120GB ssd with Windows 10 on it, and the same 5 video cars (3x 1060, 1x 1080, 1x 1080 TI) The only change in the Bios that I did was putting compatibility mode to on to boot from the non uefi windows install. I had some issues installing the NVIDIA drivers where it would stay on the spinning windows circle so I did a system reset from the boot troubleshooting and ended up with a fresh new system. Did the windows updates, installed NiceHash, Afterburner, set the power limit to 70% on all cards and OC to 150/570 (settings that worked well on the old system with Linux), set the paging file to 30gb, rebooted and started NiceHash. It did it's benchmark, and then a few moments into the mining the system froze. Mouse stops responding, etc, not a miner crash. I rebooted it via the front panel power button, tried mining again, and same thing, full system freeze after 15 seconds of mining. The front reset button was also not working this time, had to press and hold the power button. Booted again, didn't start mining right away, system looked stable. Started mining, freeze. During post all PCI slots that have cards show as green, no error.

    Had to run to work so didn't go through the rest of the troubleshooting yet but here's what I'm thinking of trying next:

    • Try one card at a time, then increase the number of simultaneous cards.

    • Reinstall nVidia drivers, am now running on what ships via windows update.

    • Try the old PSU again, maybe new one is defective?

    Anything else I can try?

    Thank you

    TLDR; Upgraded mobo, cpu and psu. Now system freezes after 15 seconds of mining on windows. What would you check?

    submitted by /u/W944
    [link] [comments]

    Individually, my 5 OCed cards can do 30-31 Mh/s stable. Once I plug in all 5 together, system reboots and 0 Mh/s.

    Posted: 22 Mar 2018 06:03 AM PDT

    Hey all. I am wondering if anyone else has dealt with this issue before. First, a little system setup:

     

    • 5x RX 580s (3 of them are 8 GB and 2 of them are 4 GB. The 2 4GB are the same brand. In total I have 4 out of 5 different brands.).
    • 2x 750W EVGA PSU chained with Add2Psu. Total W = 1500.
    • Cards all run stable around 45°c-60°c.
    • Total power draw for all 5 is 650 W.

     

    I have been slowly measuring each card individually, figuring out how much I can OC to get the most Mh/s and lowest power draw. I have all my numbers written down. If I plug each card in individually and test, they can all do 30-31 Mh/s stable. All memory settings are in the ballpark of 2050/850. However, the fun part comes in when I plug all 5 cards in at once.

     

    Once I plug in all 5 cards, set OC settings, and start Claymore, I either A. Get a lock up, B. Get a blue screen reboot or C. Get some cards reporting close to what they were supposed to do, or lower, and some cards reporting 0 Mh/s. At this point, I begin to undo all of my 30/31 Mh/s settings, and I back everything, all cards, down to 2000/850. If even 1 card is above that memory threshold of 2000, I get errors again. This is only when everything is plugged in together. Interestingly enough, 1 of my 4 GB cards (Same brand, only 2 cards that are same brand) also needs to be set to 2000/900. If it's not 900, same issues. Again, individually all of these cards are perfectly stable at 2050/850 and report 30/31 Mh/s. All plugged in, super wonky fun times.

     

    My next idea is to try plugging in 1 card at a time, 1, then 2, then 3, then 4, then 5 and determine exactly when I need to back down OC settings. I've had people suggest this sounds like a PSU issue. But I'm not sure how to solve that since I am not even at 50% and everything runs relatively cool and quiet. Power all feels gravy really. Other than the fact I am using 2 750Ws with Add3Psu instead of a single PSU.

     

    Thoughts? Ideas? Anything is useful.

    submitted by /u/alexhendershott
    [link] [comments]

    Asus P5QL Pro Motherboard for mining?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2018 05:49 AM PDT

    Looks like it may fit up to 6 GPUs, anyone have any thoughts on if it would be ok for mining? I'm unsure if the PCI lanes will take video cards or not.

    https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5QL_PRO/

    submitted by /u/Scubascott1098
    [link] [comments]

    Mining rig sporadically crashing. Anyone know of any software to help figure out the issue?

    Posted: 22 Mar 2018 04:59 AM PDT

    I have my main rig mining in my garage on a shoe rack with a wi-fi dongle. I use Teamviewer to remote in and do everything. It's running Win 10 and I have 1x1080ti, 1x1060 6GB, and 4x970s.

    It has been running for over a month now and will "freeze" at very random times and it is getting a ton worse as of late. It will do it regardless of what I am running. I've done some NiceHash on it, Awesomeminer, Nemo's Miner and Multi Pool Miner. For a 2 week stretch I had the miner up 99% of the time using Multi Pool Miner just using EWBF (restarted and let it sit for 10 min to rest twice in 2 weeks). I use Afterburner to set the power/temp limits and I've done multiple testing to see which is best overall. For the 2 week success run all of my powers were at 80% and 70 degree max.

    But the past 2 weeks, this rig just will not stay on for any length of time longer than around 15 hours...sometimes it stops after 2 hours. I don't think it is a power issue because nothing has changed since I first set it up and I'm running 2 750w platinum EVGA psus.

    I've tried a few different variable tests with no success. I've downed the Afterburner to 60% / 75degrees. I've unplugged one of the cards completely. I'm out of options and I hate this inconsistency. Difficulty is already off the charts and it hurts a ton more if it's mining NOTHING.

    HALP!

    submitted by /u/IceZeus
    [link] [comments]

    Problem getting 6 gpu rig to work on MSI Z270-A Pro

    Posted: 22 Mar 2018 04:52 AM PDT

    Hello!

    i am having problem getting all my 6 gpu's to run on my MSI Z270-A Pro

    i have enabeled:

    • above 4g decoding
    • gen2

    My GPU's are:

    • gtx 1060 6gb
    • gtx 970
    • gtx 1050
    • gtx 750 ti
    • HD 7970
    • HD 7950

    Have had it running with the two AMD cards and the 1060 and 1050 stable at the same time, but when i tried to have all the 6 cards in it it sometimes would not post any images, or it would only detect 3 of the gpu's and i would get random blue screens

    Can anyone help me out a bit? im kinda stuck... hehe

    Running Win10 btw

    submitted by /u/ThiaSCSGOSkins
    [link] [comments]

    My mining rig.

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 07:50 PM PDT

    Here's my rig. Really wanted to focus on color coordination and cable management and overall neat appearance. Case/Frame is all custom and all pcb's (Add2psu, risers, ssd, and Mobo are all on standoffs). Cables are all routed under mounting boards or through frame tubing (power button and power cords).

    https://imgur.com/gallery/CtCAG

    I know it doesn't help with hashing power, but a nice looking rig is something to be proud of.

    submitted by /u/clanure3
    [link] [comments]

    How shady is this exchange? https://stocks.exchange/trade

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 08:25 PM PDT

    How do I prove to a jury that I wasnt able to mine for 3 months?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 01:47 PM PDT

    Im in a small claims court suing my isp for not fixing my internet for 3 months. I just need to prove the damages. Problem is. I was mining Zcash and wallet entries dont last long enough.

    Any ideas on proving mining damages (loss)?

    My idea is just showing a calculator with the then difficulty and my hashrate. ISP has admitted to the outage.

    Funnily enough I have the ISP admitting on paper that there was a 3 month outage but the defense used in mediation was "we believe the customer had internet access during the outage or they wouldnt have paid their bill" Loool.

    submitted by /u/ChaosGS
    [link] [comments]

    i think i have em stable.

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 09:38 AM PDT

    Need some help tracking my rig's earnings on MPH

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 07:22 PM PDT

    I built myself a modest hobby rig (5x 1060 6g 1x 1050ti) in January. I'm getting stable 1600 sol/s at 560 watts mining equihash so from a hardware perspective I'm satisfied with my configuration. However I'm wanting to accurately track the earnings so I can pay the appropriate taxes next year. I've toyed with MPHstats website but since I autoexchange to different coins every week to diversify my holdings it doesn't work as well as I'd like. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Divayith
    [link] [comments]

    How to monitor rigs off-site

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 02:10 PM PDT

    What do you guys use to monitor things off-site like temps, fan speeds on your rigs. I have windows 10. Do you use something like vmware? Or LogMein (is that still a thing) let me know what's your favorite, preferably for monitoring on iOS. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/hcTitoto
    [link] [comments]

    Ordering Temp OOS on Amazon

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 03:53 PM PDT

    What is the general consensus on this? I've ordered several cards in the last few weeks with none shipping :/. I'm new here

    submitted by /u/scmotoz
    [link] [comments]

    What's a "normal" Equihash (dtsm) hashrate for 1070ti's?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 11:31 AM PDT

    Mine's are getting around 510 sol/s with 75% tdp, +200 core, +550 memory, and I've heard from some guys on discord that that's really low. Furthermore, while I'm making 0.15mbtc per day with one, my friend with a 1070 is making about 0.17.

    Do I just have really shitty cards? They're MSI's with micron memory if it matters.

    submitted by /u/thetruekingoftime
    [link] [comments]

    What will happen to miners when new cards come out.

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 02:53 PM PDT

    When new graphics cards come out, what would happen to all the people with 10 series cards with everyone trying to grab the new series. Would difficulty skyrocket?

    submitted by /u/bananamagic1
    [link] [comments]

    Massdrop Gigabyte 1060's 6GB 329$

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 02:33 PM PDT

    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1060-1070-1080-windforce-oc

    1070s is sold out. But the 1060's are still there. Cant afford any atm so figured id share :)

    329$ isnt that bad for 6GB models :)

    submitted by /u/Regalize
    [link] [comments]

    Let's compare profits (not that i want to)

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 02:11 PM PDT

    For the last 5 days i tried the following setup:

    Use Awesome Miner with AHashPool, HashRefinery, MPH, NH, ZergPool, Zpool. All convert to BTC, except MPH that auto-exchanges to ETH. I know that with all these pools payouts will be rare, but i wanted to test it.

    For my 2 x 1070Ti, the 5-days average was 0.00023 BTC/day and 0.0003 ETH/Day.

    Are these pathetic revenues just for my scrappy config, or they seem legit for the specific setup? I use my cards under stock settings.

    submitted by /u/kevinpat5
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I buy Red Devil rx vega 56 8gb?

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 12:31 PM PDT

    Have looked everywhere for it can't fine it anywhere! Anyone knows? Or how much they would cost you? (I live in UK so looking for some shops has them here)

    submitted by /u/Newbieminer2018
    [link] [comments]

    Biostar TB BTC 250 not recognizing Sapphire Rx580

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 10:52 AM PDT

    The cards I have hooked up to my PEX1_2 and PEX2_3 slots are showing as not present under IO configuration and also are not showing up in windows device manager. I have tried modding mobo bios with no luck... any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/crypto_hodlr
    [link] [comments]

    Help me feel better :|

    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 12:54 PM PDT

    I won an auction on ebay the other day for 5x MSI RX 470, 4gb models, for $1060 shipped. They also came with riser boards and USB cables. 3 were the Gaming X and 2 were the Armor.

    I just turned around and sold them to someone via Paypal and profitted $275 after paying all shipping and other fees. Quick $275 for one auction. Good right?

    I can't however shake the feeling that I should have kept them considering they were doing 27-29MH/s on my rig [I used them for 4 days] on ETH and I really only paid $212 each for them. My concern is My main gripe was I could not keep power consumption under control, even after modding straps and underclocking using Hive OS I was still pulling like 750-800 watts from the rig, and I have limited power in my old house. My other gripe is the swap on ETH to POS, since I am not a HODLer I would not really benefit from the cards. [If I understand that correct]

    I'm feeling regret, but at the same time I made some quick cash. Should I be regretful? I took the money and put it torwards a 1070ti which is humming along nice ALSO doing like 30Mh/s ETH but also rocks 500+ on Equi and other algos.

    /sadpanda

    submitted by /u/WoW_Fishmonger
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment