• Breaking News

    Monday, March 26, 2018

    GPU Mining Come Join the /r/GPUMining Discord Channel

    GPU Mining Come Join the /r/GPUMining Discord Channel


    Come Join the /r/GPUMining Discord Channel

    Posted: 01 Nov 2017 10:43 AM PDT

    Bitmain Ethereum ASIC miners confirmed?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 07:40 AM PDT

    £100 off Zotac 1060 6GB, £269

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 01:58 AM PDT

    Old dell server case modified. Will mine burst and cryptonight coins. Gonna run 4x Rx580s and 30tbs for burst. Yes burst is a shitcoin and idgaf, im still mining it.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2018 01:59 PM PDT

    My two 6 GPU garage rigs with 7" monitors

    Posted: 25 Mar 2018 01:47 PM PDT

    Link to Imgur Album

    I used the standard aluminum frame design and bent a couple aluminum brackets to mount these 7" HDMI monitors. I ran 240V power and am using three 1400W Supermicro power supplies I already had. The rear fans were taken from some old servers and are connected to this Kingwin fan controller. I'm currently running 7x 1080ti's and 5x 1060 6GBs.

    I'm not a huge fan of "shoe rack" rigs as I enjoy taking pride in the things I spend my time doing. These aluminum frames cost ~$40 and were built using parts from Home Depot. Mining is a hobby and I wished more people would take the time to tidy up cables, cut their zip ties and have something unique and beautiful they feel proud of. Plus, moving the rigs is much easier when you can grab the entire thing at once! Just my two cents. :-P

    NOTE: I no longer use the SATA to Molex adapters! All my risers are powered directly by Molex now.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/98MarkVIII
    [link] [comments]

    Windows vs Linux

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 01:38 AM PDT

    Which OS do you prefer for your gpu mining farm and why ?

    submitted by /u/ExtensionAir
    [link] [comments]

    Awesome Miner - Interface offline issue

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 03:26 AM PDT

    Anyone experiencing interface offline while mining? Powershell still up it's just that it says "interface offline" in the GUI for a few seconds. Any workaround?

    -Using Windows10 & latest Awesome Miner(v4.6.1)

    submitted by /u/rmSX13
    [link] [comments]

    Question about historical profit fluctuation

    Posted: 25 Mar 2018 06:36 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, first post here although I've lurked for about 3-4 months. I'm relatively new to mining, got in at the very end of 2017. I fully understand why profit is down and I don't care too much because I'm in this for the long run.

    My question for you is, in the past, have there been major changes in profit like what we're seeing recently? Either way, I plan to keep on mining but I'm curious to know if it's reasonable to think that profit will go back up. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/TheMemeMage
    [link] [comments]

    My first rig finally complete and dialed in. 230 MH/s @ 950W

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 01:13 AM PDT

    How many of you have sold anything?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2018 12:51 PM PDT

    Personally, I'm selling off cards but keeping my MB+ risers in case new GPUs come out and mining becomes profitable again.

    submitted by /u/arnavvr
    [link] [comments]

    Rig is not showing up on screen anymore.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2018 03:02 PM PDT

    Rig is not showing up on screen anymore, but still mining without a problem.

    I am using ethOS and checked all hardware everything is fine but just not showing up on screen.

    Has anyone else had the same problem??

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/lmatrading
    [link] [comments]

    Six cards installed, five cards found

    Posted: 25 Mar 2018 10:48 AM PDT

    Edit: Thank you for all your suggestions. I tried some of them before I finally found the issue. I needed to disable CSM in the bios (Select OS > Windows 8/10 > CSM setting) which may be specific to my motherboard (Gigabyte Z270P-D3). Somebody had posted this solution previously over at /r/ethermining. Thanks again and +rep for everyone.


    I've installed six cards. I double-checked and everything is wired correctly.

    Afterburner and the system scan on Nvidia's website each find five cards.

    Device manager in Windows 10 shows six video devices, one of which has an exclamation point thingy.

    Drivers are up to date, freshly installed from Nvidia. Right-clicking to update in device manager produces a message that the driver is up to date.

    Ideas?

    submitted by /u/sturdylemur
    [link] [comments]

    Another overclock settings thread

    Posted: 25 Mar 2018 01:47 PM PDT

    I have a number of unmatched Nvidia cards up and running, but won't be able to spend much time testing and tweaking until a couple weeks from now. What settings would you advise to use in the meantime?

    The cards are a mix of 1070s, 1080s, and 1080Tis.

    I'm basically looking for stable settings that can be reliably applied to all of the cards and will capture as much value as possible for the time being. In a couple weeks I'll have more time to maximize the performance of each card individually and begin collecting any remaining value.

    Thoughts?

    Edit: Or general settings for 1070s, general settings for 1080s, and general settings for 1080Tis would be great as well (instead of one version of settings for all of the above).

    submitted by /u/sturdylemur
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a "best buy" for graphics cards?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2018 05:30 PM PDT

    I'm trying to figure out what the most cost efficient way to begin mining, and I'm struggling to figure out whats the best option.

    I see alot of these $1000+ GPU's which seem to be the most popular -- 1080s. I'm wondering if getting 4+ cheaper GPUs would be a better idea. I know the choice of GPU can depend on the coin you want to mine, but lets keep it general since I'm not 100% sure what I want to mine (would like flexibility, not mining BTC or anything that hard)

    I'm guessing the reason this is not a good idea is either

    1) More energy needed for multiple cards == less efficient

    2) More hardware needed for multiple cards == higher initial cost.

    3) The cheaper cards will be obsolete soon

    Right now my plan is to look through craigslist or hardwareswaps to get some cheaper low end GPUs and build from there, is this a bad idea? any suggestions are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/1337natetheLOLking
    [link] [comments]

    Cheap 11gb GPU from Wish.com - worth trying?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2018 11:02 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment