• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 4, 2018

    Ethereum Bloom's blockchain credit app sees record signups after more bad news from Equifax

    Ethereum Bloom's blockchain credit app sees record signups after more bad news from Equifax


    Bloom's blockchain credit app sees record signups after more bad news from Equifax

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 06:55 AM PST

    Blockchain was never about Money; it has always been about Trust...

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 09:27 AM PST

    Roger Ver: Ethereum is Likely to Overtake Bitcoin

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 06:29 PM PST

    Plasma MVP Overview - Karl Floersch

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 01:43 AM PST

    Overview of Ethereum - Infographic Providing Basic Info & A Few Interesting Facts

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 07:11 PM PST

    I met Joe Lubin at a conference in NYC last week and he was the coolest.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 08:17 AM PST

    That's it. Literally all I wanted to say.

    Long live the blockchain.

    submitted by /u/YungVeezus
    [link] [comments]

    Sha256 zksnark parameter generation + ethereum deployment

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 12:06 PM PST

    The Twitter Clone that Tips you -Meet Leeroy

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 02:49 PM PST

    Ethereum-Harmony on Mainnet, anyone?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 10:37 AM PST

    So I'm not exactly computer illiterate but has anyone gotten Ethereum-Harmony to actually work and fully sync the mainnet?

    I'm not even doing anything that special here, I've got a clean/fresh Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS VM installed in VMWare Workstation, updated with:

    apt -y dist-upgrade 

    Then I install Oracle Java (I've tried with Open Java too, no luck)

    add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java apt -y install oracle-java8-installer apt -y install oracle-java8-set-default 

    Then I clone Harmony and run it:

    git clone https://github.com/ether-camp/ethereum-harmony cd ethereum-harmony ./gradlew runMain 

    It seems to run fine for a while, doing a Fast sync, then idk a day or so later I'll notice that it's stopped Fast Sync and it just never finishes. I get lots of random errors, I get errors like No parent on the chain or Could not resolve org.ethereum:ethereumj-core:1.7.0-SNAPSHOT or Too many open files

    I also get errors like:

    Failed toString() invocation on an object of type [org.ethereum.net.p2p.PeersMessage] 

    I've tried numerous times, fresh installs, database wipes, cache wipes, etc. I've never once gotten Ethereum-Harmony to sync to the mainnet and I feel like it must be something I'm doing or not doing...

    I run Geth and Parity nodes publicly (you can see my nodes on both EthStats and stats.parity.io) and I would like to get a Harmony node added to EthStats, I just can't figure out what, if anything, I'm doing wrong.

    I've never seen a fully sync'd Ethereum-Harmony node and nobody really talks about it around here so I have no idea if I'm the only one. If anyone has any advice or perhaps something as simple as "I run it on Fedora and it's fully sync'd" then I'll go try that...

    If anyone's wondering the hardware specs I run it with 8 vCPUs (i7-4770k), 8GB of RAM, and it operates off an SSD...

    submitted by /u/MysticRyuujin
    [link] [comments]

    realtime price tracker without the bullshit!

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 06:14 AM PST

    Understanding Solidity Libraries

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 07:57 PM PST

    Die Hard, Bearer Bonds, Ethereum

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 07:22 PM PST

    EtherWorld's weekly: Issue 44

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 06:44 PM PST

    The New Ethics of Blockchain - An article about the new questions blockchain makes possible, like hard forking to eliminate bad actors.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 06:34 PM PST

    Fragmented Development Update 3/4/18

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 12:32 PM PST

    I made a simple website that lets you view the tokens in your wallet and links directly to EtherDelta.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 11:02 PM PST

    Blockchain Companies' Biggest Barriers

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 05:58 PM PST

    An overview of Joseph Poon presentation about Plasma hold on Ethereal Summit 2017

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 03:47 AM PST

    Winsome Rouleth stole my money

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 03:54 AM PST

    Hi! I have tried Winsome Blockjack a several times and it has worked just fine. So today I tried the Winsome Rouleth by betting 0.135 ETH on color and I won. The problem is that I got the win paid in their WIN token...

    I can't seem to change my WIN tokens to ETH and it is not traded anywhere, not even on Etherdelta. Now I see that the creator of Winsome WhySoS3rious has disappeared from the internet as well. So I can't contact him.

    Has anyone else been in the same situation and do you know how to get my ETH? Any suggestions? This is a lot of money for me.

    Edit: the contract address for Winsome is https://etherscan.io/address/0x91a57b2f6fa86b373bce5716eb26c81cbb004223 the contract address for WIN Token is https://etherscan.io/token/0x9e3f0fc2a9ea1ec8d9e51a7a34c20b777021b030

    submitted by /u/Fengstrom
    [link] [comments]

    Cryptocurrency Interest in Kazakhstan Raises 15-fold

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 04:02 PM PST

    A colleague of mine discovered something dumb I did with MetaMask and Truffle. Thought I would share here to save others from losing main network Ether.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 02:57 PM PST

    any thought on the toshi app?cryptokitties?cryptopunks?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 02:06 PM PST

    any thought on the toshi app?it,s a really cool easy to use cryptokitties is really a fun game the low id kitties and the gen 0 and gen 1 are already selling for a lot of money.cryptopunks is an amazing concept it,s digital art some cryptopunks are also selling for a lot some sold for 13.5 eth a few days ago.the negative point of the app is etherbots a really cool new game but it doesn,t to work on the toshi app

    submitted by /u/franckgant
    [link] [comments]

    Blockchain vs Smart contract?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2018 12:05 PM PST

    I'm confused between how the blockchain and smart contracts work together on Ethereum. As far as I can tell, wallets keep track of transactions, which are implemented as smart contracts. These take a gas price fee to process, which is paid to the owner of the resources used to execute the smart contract. It doesn't seem any different that any other dapp.

    If this is the case, what is the blockchain ledger needed for? What transaction history is kept that lives outside of dapps?

    Couldn't find a basic questions thread, but please let me know if this could be posted somewhere more appropriate.

    submitted by /u/dirtiethirtie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment