• Breaking News

    Monday, March 12, 2018

    Cryptography TLS 1.3 and Proxies (10 Mar 2018)

    Cryptography TLS 1.3 and Proxies (10 Mar 2018)


    TLS 1.3 and Proxies (10 Mar 2018)

    Posted: 11 Mar 2018 06:02 AM PDT

    Commandline tool for XMSSMT: post-quantum hash-based signatures (x-post from /r/cryptography)

    Posted: 11 Mar 2018 01:27 PM PDT

    Help with PGP

    Posted: 11 Mar 2018 03:39 PM PDT

    I recently began to understand and use PGP for email exchange. I was writing a python script for the same when I realised I could only handle text and not other formats, could someone help me handle such formats? So that the recipient receives a jpeg or etc type file not a asc /txt type.

    submitted by /u/yadhuksp
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to encrypt a Windows 7 disk with 2 partitions

    Posted: 11 Mar 2018 01:03 PM PDT

    So I have this 2TB hard disk with Windows 7 and a bunch of stuff.

    There's 2 partitions, an "OS" one with the Windows 7 OS + games, programs, and anything I need to use with Windows.

    I got another partition, the "data" one that everyone has where you store a bunch of random files. Some files are money related and other confidential stuff, im not even sure what's in there and I don't have the time to go around years of file storage, so I would like to encrypt the entire thing at once and be done with it, but apparently when you do FDE with Veracrypt it only encrypts the partition in which the system is installed.

    How do I go about it to fully encrypt the disk? (all partitions)

    Should I first do system partition encryption step, then boot in there and encrypt the data partition?

    How does a Veracrypt-encrypted non-system partition look like? I mean does it show up on "My Computer"? how will I go about decrypting it? do I have to enter the password two times on every boot then? (the password for the system partition, then once logged-in in Windows, enter again the password for the data partition).. that's annoying to be honest, but oh well.

    Also, should I worry about the "system reserved" 100MB partition? I mean this one:

    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/system-reserved-partition-windows

    Please let me know.

    submitted by /u/BitcoinSlayer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment