• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 27, 2018

    Cryptocurrency Daily General Discussion - March 27, 2018

    Cryptocurrency Daily General Discussion - March 27, 2018


    Daily General Discussion - March 27, 2018

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 11:12 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily General Discussion thread. Please read the disclaimer, guidelines, and rules before participating.


    Disclaimer:

    Though karma rules still apply, moderation is less stringent on this thread than on the rest of the sub. Therefore, consider all information posted here with several liberal heaps of salt, and always cross check any information you may read on this thread with known sources. Any trade information posted in this open thread may be highly misleading, and could be an attempt to manipulate new readers by known "pump and dump (PnD) groups" for their own profit. BEWARE of such practices and excercise utmost caution before acting on any trade tip mentioned here.

    PnDs and brigades are not sanctioned by the mod team in any way as they violate rule III. If you discover this thread is being used for these activities, bring it to the mod teams's notice via the modmail.


    Guidelines:

    • Questions, debates, meta issues, etc are all welcome.
    • Breaking news should be posted separately from this thread.

    Rules:

    • All sub rules apply in this thread. The prior exemption for karma and age requirements is no longer in effect.
    • Discussion topics must be related to cryptocurrency.
    • Comments will be sorted by newest first.

    Resources and Tools:

    • To view live streaming comments for this thread, click here. Account permissions are required to post comments through Reddit-Stream.com.
    • Click the RES subscribe button below if you would like to be notified when comments are posted.
    • Consider checking out our Weekly Skeptics Thread for discussion focused solely on critical analysis. Click here and select the latest thread on the search listing.


    Thank you in advance for your participation. Enjoy!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Coinbase announce support for ERC20 tokens

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 12:05 PM PDT

    No one was complaining about "manipulation" when it was going up from 2500 to 20,000 in less than 6 months.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 10:14 PM PDT

    Suddenly we have a lot of people on here screaming "manipulation" ... "we need regulation" like it was all natural when it ran up to 20k.

    If we had a regulated market bitcoin would still be under $1,000.

    This is a unregulated market, either accept the highs and lows or go invest in gov't bonds.

    submitted by /u/Chubkajipsnatch
    [link] [comments]

    Binance support on telegram solved my insufficient balance issue in less than 2 minutes

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 07:48 PM PDT

    $500 Bucks Up, $500 Bucks Down - All Within 1 Hour. Definitely No Market Manipulation Going On With BTC

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 07:14 PM PDT

    Today is Ross William Ulbricht's 5th birthday spent in prison. He believes in freedom, but lost his own...... Happy Birthday Ross!!!

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 04:22 PM PDT

    Another week, another dip with no seeming explanation. Why is it frowned upon to even ask?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 10:42 AM PDT

    I get it that everyone is touchy around dips, especially when they're weekly dips.

    Still, its almost verboten to even ask why in the sub. Does everyone just want to keep their blinders on? I get that the HODL meme is strong here, but inquiring minds want to know the reasons behind things.

    Today's dip is coming off seemingly no news. If it is, the sub is devoid of posts indicating what it might be. This happens literally every dip. Anytime anyone asks the responses are sharp bites to stop asking, shut up and hold, or gtfo if you can't take it.

    I can certainly take it, but that doesn't mean I don't want to know why things happen. Seems to me the smart move is to understand why things happen so you can predict them next time, not blindly say that nothing is wrong with your head in the sand. Sure, it'll probably go back up (probably) but in the meantime, why is it so faux-pau to ask?

    Edit

    Gee Whiz, some of you guys really are working to reinforce my points. To be fair though, many great ones explaining the action. Thank you.

    Not all of us are here 24/7, and I know you're probably tired of explaining. Still, very odd to see big actions and nobody really talking about why.

    submitted by /u/InspectorCollector
    [link] [comments]

    Waltonchain mainnet on schedule for end of March!

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 09:56 PM PDT

    Does anyone else think the bear market is going to extend for many more months, and possibly a year or more?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 11:03 AM PDT

    Edit: Don't understand the downvotes. Trying to have a discussion.

    I want crypto to succeed. I'm not a hater. I am highly exposed and continue to hodl. There's nothing I'd like more than to open Binance to a sea of green rocketships flying me to a moonlambo.

    But....

    I just can't understand who would buy bitcoin, or who would think bitcoin's price is going to appreciate at the moment other than the people who already own bitcoin. If I wasn't already in it, I don't think there's any shot I'd touch it with a 10 foot pole right now after watching what's gone on over the last few months. And the entire market depends on Bitcoin.

    What new money is going to come into the market and drive up prices? The entire world knows this is a speculation bubble and right now it seems like the odds of losing 50% of your money are as good or better than the odds of making 50%. Cryptocurrency is way too risky of an asset for the vast majority of people, and they see it as akin to gambling more so than an opportunity to get in early on the next big thing. Every meme line drawing TA guy who is convinced Bitcoin is about to enter a new bull market is blatantly ignoring the macro issues that are in play here.

    Until some working products/ecosystems come out and can demonstrate some fundamental value, significant amounts of new money aren't going to come into this market. The run was based entirely on hype, and the hype is completely gone for the foreseeable future. It's going to take many more months, or possibly a year or more, for money to start coming back in - and it's going to be a slow march of a rise. We'll never see a parabolic rise in the cryptocurrency markets again.

    I'd love to be wrong. By all means, convince me I'm wrong. But my faith and morale has essentially hit rock bottom. Each time BTC pumps then fails, alts bleed out even lower than the previous cycle. And I just can't see an end in sight.

    If you truly believe crypto is going to enter an unprecedented bull run in the near term - what am I missing? What do I have wrong here?

    submitted by /u/CryptopherWalken
    [link] [comments]

    Ross Ulbricht and Silk Road.. enough said

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 11:17 PM PDT

    Stellar Lumens (XLM) to be used as a bridge asset by IBM!

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 01:44 PM PDT

    EU cyber security project on IoT security is led by Fujitsu (with IOTA)

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 11:26 PM PDT

    TokenPay and Verge -Working together to scam the shit out of you? Allegedly?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2018 02:25 AM PDT

    Hmm, over 1/2 of the reddit posts from Tokenpay Reddit are saying it was a scam ico, even AFTER moderation. Go see for yourself. It's pretty bad.

    https://np.reddit.com/r/tokenpay/comments/80vof5/token_pay_scam_100_bonus_after_the_token_sale/

    https://np.reddit.com/r/tokenpay/comments/7snohe/tokenpay_scam/

    https://np.reddit.com/r/tokenpay/comments/7w4o2g/done_with_tokenpay_definitly_punctual_scam_sent/

    https://np.reddit.com/r/tokenpay/comments/81c293/tokenpay_the_worst_ico_that_i_have_ever_seen/

    https://np.reddit.com/r/tokenpay/comments/83re9z/i_have_1990_tpay_for_sale_at_ico_price_over_the/

    https://np.reddit.com/r/tokenpay/comments/7zxvud/why_do_i_not_get_my_tokenpay_coins_to_my_wallet_i/

    If Verge and Tokenpay are working together to get donations in as we just saw, that seems really iffy.

    Oh well, you can only warn people so much.

    BITTTCCONNNECCCCTTTTTT.

    Seriously though, how many Bitconnects will this community have to fall for to learn their lesson?

    submitted by /u/Botshanic90
    [link] [comments]

    OriginTrail (TRAC) Alpha Node v0.4a Released

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 12:11 PM PDT

    Designing Trustless Oracles to Verify Atomic Swaps

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 01:34 PM PDT

    Verge Crowdfund Completion Video – Now Deleted - Announcement Delayed.

    Posted: 27 Mar 2018 12:57 AM PDT

    What will the future of ICOs be like?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2018 12:34 AM PDT

    German National Tourist Board Now Accepts Cryptocurrencies

    Posted: 27 Mar 2018 02:08 AM PDT

    Bitcoin is Gaining Legitimacy in Europe as Dutch Court Deems it Transferable Value

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 08:10 AM PDT

    “$50k investment by the LTC Foundation (that Charlie started and still runs) to LitePay. Yet, he claimed multiple times he had "no knowledge" about LitePay and was completely uninvolved. If your foundation makes a $50k investment to someone, you aren't "uninvolved".”

    Posted: 27 Mar 2018 12:37 AM PDT

    A lot of shitcoins are going to fail this year, only the strong platforms will remain. I’m looking to build a solid portfolio, what are you thoughts on this portfolio:

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 11:20 PM PDT

    A lot of shitcoins are goin to fail this year, only the strong platforms will remain. I'm looking to build a solid portfolio, what are you thoughts on this portfolio:

    NEO EOS Icon Fusion Vechain QTUM Dash

    All comments appreciated, thanks in advance.

    Shane

    submitted by /u/Ireland2020
    [link] [comments]

    Do you remember why you got into crypto and blockchain?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 06:43 PM PDT

    Over the last few weeks, I have remembered why I did.

    Things are getting pretty interesting in the US. While I don't want to get political, we're seeing insanity on all sides of any argument, a bit more insanity than I remember in my few years on this earth.

    Last week, Citi decided they would determine an American's right to purchase firearms and certain accessories. This really shook me up. A financial institution--not even my government--dictating my rights to commerce. Sure, they are a private institution and are able to make such changes as to how they want their products used, but this really woke me up again for the passion that I originally had for blockchain and cryptocurrency. Andreas Antonopoulos' words screamed in the back of my mind from a YouTube video long forgotten: (I paraphrase badly) "With the flip of one bit in a ledger, financial institutions will have the power to remove you from commerce."

    I got into crypto and blockchain by first building a mining rig. My motivation was out curiosity, passion, and excitement for what blockchain and the application of currency provides humanity. When I first started wrapping my mind around blockchain, I was obsessed as I began conceptualizing the benefits more and more. Weeks went by as I devoured everything I could on the topic--I can't tell you the last time I became so fascinated with something. Back then, I often said and truly believed that I didn't care if I lost my initial investment: I was more interested in helping move technology, economics, and humanity forward.

    As time went on and I applied my financial training to value investing habits within crypto, the returns began to blow away years of my investing results in other asset classes. Dollar signs quickly replaced idealism. As a result, over the last few months, my passion has dulled--because my passion turned into profit motive. Ideology was replaced by checking balances and digits like I would check any of my other investments. Now, I don't really care about the dips in my portfolio, as crypto is just one asset class I invest in, but I realized that I have gotten so caught up in the gains that I forgot why I even got into crypto to begin with. The last few weeks have begun to wake me up.

    I'm not here to debate gun control, financial conspiracies, the "Man," or anything of the like. I'm not here to spread fear. There's also nothing wrong with participating in blockchain and crypto for purely financial reasons. But if you got into it for more than that, I'm here to encourage you to remember why.

    So I'll ask again, do you remember why you got into crypto and blockchain?

    submitted by /u/sniper24usa
    [link] [comments]

    How can #blockchain technology be of value to the food supply chain and other industries? Hear @vechainofficial CEO Sunny Lu’s perspectives in this excerpt from DNV GL’s special session at #gfsi18

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 06:17 PM PDT

    I have 9 wallets, 13 accounts at exchanges (with Google Authenticator) and 1 hardware wallet that often requires non user friendly updates. How come Avarege Joe would ever get into crypto?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2018 04:19 PM PDT

    Also I need to be aware because one of the four tokens that I have can be burned when the mainnet comes.

    All this to store the coins that I have chosen between the 1500 (and more everyday, if that promising ICO is not a scam).

    New money simply will not get into this market with that level of difficulty.

    This just too hard, too risky and not user friendly.

    submitted by /u/nelito30
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment