• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 28, 2017

    GPU Mining Interview Partner needed

    GPU Mining Interview Partner needed


    Interview Partner needed

    Posted: 28 Nov 2017 01:08 AM PST

    Hello guys, my name is Tim I am studying Media Technician in Germany. I hope this is the right place to ask for some help. I am about to write an article about crypto currencies. It is going to be printed in our university magazine. I dont have as much knowledge as you have. I have done some kind of mining and bought some crypto currency. But that's all. Now I am looking for YOU ! I am happy for everyone who can help me. What I expect from you: - English or German Language (You don't need to be fluent) - Interest to help me - Some kind of knowledge in crypto currencys - Or some kind of experience with crypto currencys (broke rich etc. ) Don't be scared. I am NOT going to write anything about you or your experiences you do not want me to. Of course it would be great to talk to someone who had really extreme experiences because that always makes out good in journalistic articles. But there is no need to. So, if you think: Yes I may be the right one for this poor guy to help.... I know someone who would love to talk to you about this... Do it. The way of communication is chosen by you. TS, Skype etc. Thank you very much for reading this. Have a nice day. Tim

    submitted by /u/JustJimMe
    [link] [comments]

    Built your Intel mining rig circa 2015-2017? Check it for this bug.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2017 02:34 AM PST

    Hi all. This is just to raise some awareness.

    There are some articles that plays it down saying it needs some physical access to the hardware but we all know better - just like this article.

    Before yelling "BS", check it at US-CERT. It's real. No remedies yet. I am sure to stick to building AMDs mining purposes or otherwise.

    submitted by /u/KoreanJesusFTW
    [link] [comments]

    Mixed 10 GPU Mining Rig running on Windows

    Posted: 28 Nov 2017 06:29 AM PST

    Six 1050 Ti OC rig drawing <400W doing ~950 Sol/s on ZEC

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 11:20 AM PST

    ETH mining using MSI RX 570 ARMOR OC 4 GB (hynix+elpida), need overclocking help please

    Posted: 28 Nov 2017 04:13 AM PST

    Mining eth using MSI RX 570 ARMOR OC 4 GB (hynix+elpida) on windows 10 using claymore, stock hash was 21.9, copied the timing values from 1500 to higher values, got 24.9, can it be overclocked more, what more can I do, tried finding a custom rom, did not work, any advice or anyone can overclock for me on my stock rom?

    Mobo: ASRock H81 Pro BTC

    PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 G2 80+ GOLD 1600W

    OS: Win10 Pro

    Risers: v007S

    mining software: Claymore 9.8

    submitted by /u/m_umair_85
    [link] [comments]

    6 x 1070's or 6 x 1080s?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2017 01:07 AM PST

    hi guys,

    I have the option to buy a 2nd hand rig from a friend. He has either a 6 x 1070 rig or 6 x 1080 rig.

    the 1070 rig is $1900 or the 1080 rig is 2300. Both come with motherboard, 1200w psu etc.

    I am leaning towards the 1080, simply because they have great resale value and should mine more hash's.

    I am looking at using nicehash as it normally generates the most profit.

    Any idea what rough profit per day for either 1 is? or am i mad for even just asking the question and should get the 1080s?

    submitted by /u/sammyd1337
    [link] [comments]

    Difference between different 1070tis

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 11:48 PM PST

    Hello guys...a newbie here. I am thinking of purchasing 4 1070tis and I cant really decide which of those two I should go for. Is it even any difference?

    EVGA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076S4RH6K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_PorhAb3GV7VKA

    MSI https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076Q6HT34/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_kqrhAbZ3QFJCR

    GIGABYTE https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076MM66RT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_NrrhAbXA68HPA

    Also...I noticed that some of 1070ti have 8pin+6pin connectors and some of them have just 8 pin....does it have any drawbacks to only have 8 pin?

    Appreciate your help!

    submitted by /u/MaxonKlaxon
    [link] [comments]

    what is a GOOD reliable mobo with the highest possible pci-e slots?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 07:30 PM PST

    I was looking at msi, asus, gigabyte but i only usually see 6 slots.

    submitted by /u/frustrated_7676
    [link] [comments]

    Specific questions about Motherboards, Power, and Risers for new rig.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 06:47 PM PST

    So I'm finally getting back into mining after a 5 year hiatus. I'm taking a big step up in quality and cost over my old BTC mining rig I made in college and want to do it right (x3 WC'd 5830s https://imgur.com/r6PkD3f, https://imgur.com/qdYSzw3). I just purchased x5 1060's from Newegg for their cyber monday sales and have some questions about the other parts of the system I'll need.

    Motherboard

    In the sidebar I've seen the various MOBOs people are using now-a-days; in my research I've also seen most people are using the B110 Pro BTC+. I've also found the ASUS B250 Mining Expert, but I haven't seen anyone using it. (1) Why not? From what I can tell it's not actually released until December 1st?

    (2) Also, on the B250, why are they splitting the 3 "PCI zones" across 3 PSUs when they obviously know people will be using risers (which won't supply power from the board)?

    Risers & Power

    Obviously I've seen the bot's message about powering risers with SATA. (3) Though, I can't tell specifically if the issue lies only in the size of the wires used to make SATA connectors, or the specification of the SATA standard (4.5amps, 75watts maximum (?)), or both.

    For instance, on the Evga G3 1000w PSU the connections show x5 VGA (8pin PCIE) connectors, x4 "SATA#" connectors, and x1 "PERIF" connector. You could power 5 cards from the x5 PCIE 8pin connectors (assuming each only takes 1). But then could you use the x4 + x1 SATA and PERIF connections for the risers? I mean they are specifically labelled SATA, but they are 6pin connections. So from this I have to assume the answer to question (3) above is that the issue in using SATA connections only lies in size of wire used (and the number of splits made off the PSU) and not with the SATA specification itself. I also think this is the case because I've seen people powering x4-x6 cards with a single 1000w-1300w PSU.

    (4) Can anyone link me to version 7 or above Molex/6pin/Not SATA powered risers? Should I only be buying from MintCell?

    (5) Can I mix the PCIE board connections between riser types? For instance, some of the newer models use right angled (at the USB) connections, but if I get the B250 linked above I'm afraid I'll have to use the strait connections like the ones used in this riser.

    I still need to do some more research but these are the burning questions I have currently. I could probably sort out the power/riser issues but I can't for the life of me find a nice succinct explanation of the power specifications of the various modern PSU connections.

    submitted by /u/BumSkeeter
    [link] [comments]

    What places do you browse to find newer mineable coins?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 11:52 AM PST

    I'm struggling to find a place that lists new or upcoming mineable altcoins. I've found plenty of ICO sites, but most of them focus on tokens.

    If I was looking for coins that have been launched in the last month, that I could GPU mine, is there a good place to find this information? I want to point some of my rig at a coin that is not on an exchange yet.

    submitted by /u/bo_knows
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking single external GPU "holder"/frame

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 04:24 PM PST

    I've been searching for something solid, stable, and premade. I just want to place it next to my existing system and plug a riser and power into the vid card to be used solely for mining. Are there any readily available for purchase online? Thanks very much.

    submitted by /u/uncanny27
    [link] [comments]

    BioStar TB250-BTC - PCE Bus Hardware Errors?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 04:00 PM PST

    So, Amazon is definitely Price Gouging on Cyber Monday. I bought this last Tuesday and now the prices are well over $500

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 09:45 AM PST

    Looking for clarity on conflicting information on Rx480

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 03:14 PM PST

    Im buying to do a 4th rig, and for this one i'm going for 12gpu. This will be an all AMD rig, and i'm looking at rx480 because of the similar benchmarks to rx580 and price difference.

    In this research i've seen several notes that you can't run this quantity of rx580 or 480 off the same board without a crash. When searching for rigs with 12 RX, I come up pretty short.

    Could anyone say definitively that it is possible, and if so can it be run through windows? If I need to switch over to simple mining OS, I don't mind learning it since i'll probably need to do it sooner or later anyway. Thank you

    submitted by /u/confused_warships
    [link] [comments]

    miner_file ignored using Claymore?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 02:54 PM PST

    Anyone know where to get a high density mining frame?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 02:19 PM PST

    Ive been looking for a rack or frame that can hold and cool 100+ gpus. Does such a thing exist?

    submitted by /u/logicwerx
    [link] [comments]

    Number of PSU cables, connectors, and GPUs

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 11:07 AM PST

    I'm looking at a PSU and have a few questions. It's the Rosewill Quark Series 1200 Watt Full Modular 80 Plus Platinum Certified ATX12V/EPS12V 1200 Power Supply Quark 1200 (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VS8728G/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&th=1)

    It has 4 PCI-Express 8-pin slots. Does that mean the PSU can only power 4 GPUs? Or can each slot power 2 GPUs, for a total of 8? (assuming the PSU's wattage is enough for all cards) I think it can handle 8 because according to the following address, it has 8 [6+2 pin] connectors. https://www.anandtech.com/show/9928/the-rosewill-quark-series-psu-review

    It also has 5 peripheral/floppy/sata 6-pin slots. Can I use them to power 6-pin risers? Where can I buy such a cable? All I find are adapters when I search. Best would be to be able to power 2 risers per slot (to leave at least one of those slots open, just in case).

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/VinceYehudah
    [link] [comments]

    NVIDIA vs. AMD, preference?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 10:07 AM PST

    Been up and mining now for 2 months, built 3 rigs, 2 are nvidia 1070 based the other is AMD RX 580 based, 6 GPU's each. All are using Asrock 110 mining MOBO, 8 GB RAM, M.2 hard drive, G3900 CPU, Dual PS's ((650 - MOBO, 2 cards), (800 - 4 cards)). Open air frames, blah blah blah...

    I'm about to throw these sumbitchin' RX580's up onto eBay and forget about them. I've had more issue with them then any other cards.

    Has anyone gone with both cards then just simply swapped over to one or the other, if so what is your preference? I've seen some hate nvidia and others throwing shade on AMD. Yet I have to say, I am leaning towards nvidia for my go to no matter the cost difference simply for the personal reliability factor.

    submitted by /u/wayneious
    [link] [comments]

    Whats wrong with these numbers?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 09:22 AM PST

    Hey so im thinking of starting up a mining rig and i got some questions.https://gyazo.com/89f3a4d759bb5bdc2f00005405e1db08 this is what i get when i calculate how much monero i would mine yearly.With these same specs if i calculate ETH i would get 400euro.What is wrong with the XMR calculations?

    submitted by /u/ThatJungler
    [link] [comments]

    Good Hashing with Nvidia GTX1070Ti

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 09:12 AM PST

    I've just started mining with a single GTX1070Ti by Nvidia (Founders Edition) at the beginning of November (Nov 8). Since I'm new and only have a general use computer at this point, I'm using NiceHash v2.0.1.4 Beta.

    I did not have much luck using MSI Afterburner to make changes in the GPU operation, but EVGA's Precision XOC v6.2.3 has been quite effective, except it does not allow for undervolting.

    I'm running $2.50 to $3.00 a day estimated earnings while maintaining GPU temps of 58C to 60C. Power use is set at 85% but I will play with that more down the road. Computer is using roughly 225watts without the monitor(s) being considered.

    I think I may be able to lower that number but I've enjoyed the high return rate and lower GPU temperature compared to when I used MSI Afterburner. My return was usually $2.00 - $2.50 and my temps started at 64C/66C but ended up running 81C/82C at the end of 3 weeks of use.

    I plan to add another 1070Ti to this computer before starting on my first mining rig. Bang for buck on the Founder Edition has been good for me. And while I need to learn more about mining individual coins using the different scripts, NiceHash has been a very smooth way to enter into mining in general.

    submitted by /u/OldTatoosh
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment