• Breaking News

    Monday, November 27, 2017

    GPU Mining Farming that dank Colorado Crypto

    GPU Mining Farming that dank Colorado Crypto


    Farming that dank Colorado Crypto

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 07:48 PM PST

    3 1080ti rig

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 01:27 AM PST

    Occasionally gaming on a GPU that's been BIOS modded?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 10:55 PM PST

    Hey, I have a rig with an RX 470 and use it primarily for gaming. I have been mining with it when not gaming, because why not. I'm also thinking about throwing in an RX 580 to crossfire with it too. However I only recently found out that you really have to mod the BIOS of the RX 4xx/5xx cards to get a serious hashrate (i.e. for ETH, my current ~20MH/s to a breezy 27-28MH/s).

    I haven't looked deeply into how to do it yet, since I'm wondering if after I mod the BIOS I can still, from time to time, close claymore miner and play some games for a while, and then go back and restart claymore with relative ease.

    I only found (these), (three), (threads), but most of the replies are just speculation about what might happen. Some say gaming performance decreases, some say it's "unstable" (not sure how - light stuttering?, BSOD?, nuclear meltdown?) and you can just lower mem clock, or undervolt the core clock.

    Has anyone had actual experience doing this? Which is it - should I just lower the mem clock, undervolt the core, or should I do some combination of the two? And also why exactly...from what I understand the BIOS mods basically decrease the latency ("tighten the timings") of the VRAM, at the expense of also lowering data throughput. Is there an optimal settings profile for OC'ing (or underclocking) a BIOS-modded card, so you can conveniently switch between mining & gaming, preferably without a reboot or god forbid flashing back & forth every time you want to play a game? And finally, will all this significantly decrease the life of the card as opposed to if I just kept the stock BIOS and continued mining at the lower hashrate?

    Oh yeah and BONUS question: can you BIOS mod Nvidia cards as well? If so, are they better or worse for the convenience factor of switching between mining & gaming than AMD's cards?

    submitted by /u/Amb1valence
    [link] [comments]

    Monero Mining 2*Vega 64

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 06:23 AM PST

    Hi, I have 2 Vegas running in Claymore Single miner. Is there an option to mine Monero as easy as Eth? Are there any programs, that will do the trick? And is there any coin nearly as profitable? I live in germany so the electricity is a huge part of the earnings.

    Greetings

    submitted by /u/F0t0graf_1337
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anything wrong with these $40 GTX960's on Ebay?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 07:51 PM PST

    This seems really cheap and Nicehash has it making close to a dollar a day. That seems like a very rapid ROI. Am I missing something?

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX960-4GB-GDDR5-128Bit-PCI-Express-Video-Graphics-Card/282744939926?hash=item41d4e96596:g:uLIAAOSw401aD~0O

    submitted by /u/Boustany
    [link] [comments]

    EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Mining performance

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 04:02 AM PST

    Hey im looking to buy 6 - 7 of these cards for a Zcash mining rig, both the sc2 and the black addition. I noticed that they are 8+6 pin connectors. What hash rate / over clock settings are you guys able to obtain using this cards ? Im worried that the 6 pin power connector could limited the cards ability to run a stable over clock.

    submitted by /u/Madhatz
    [link] [comments]

    A Beginner's Introduction to Crypto Mining Pools

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 04:00 AM PST

    Add2psu

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 03:30 AM PST

    Hi all, Could one of you geniuses please dumb this down for me. On my first rig I had a few smaller cards so didn't need a second power supply, on the rig I built over the weekend I've got 2 x 750watts. My add2psu connector has arrived today in the post but for some reason my brain can't work out what I need to plug into what.

    Currently I have the 'master' power supply powering the board via the 24pin and the 4 pin connector(I'm sorry my computer building skills/knowledge) and 3 graphic cards, the 'slave' supply will power and additional 3 cards.

    Am I correct in thinking the slaves big connect will plug into the add2psu then the 4 pin I have plugged into the board will also plug into it?

    The 4 pin has additional 4 pins comming off the same cable.

    really sorry if this didn't make sence, if someone could draw me how the add2psu connect should work that would be fantastic!

    Regards!

    submitted by /u/Waynetrain88
    [link] [comments]

    Enabled Windows 10 WHQL, BIOS won't start, mining works

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 03:01 AM PST

    EthOS still mines but is stuck on loading screen. I can't get into BIOS or Windows as the screen keeps turning off and spamming F11 won't work. Any ideas on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/pm-me-ethereum
    [link] [comments]

    Running Vegas 64 and 1080's on the same rig?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 02:05 AM PST

    Hey everyone, I am currently in the process of building another rig, so far I went with 6 1080's every time but I am wondering if it's possible to have two 64 Vegas and 4 1080's running in the same rig? Thanks for your help

    submitted by /u/IamABurritoAMA
    [link] [comments]

    Will my GPU short if I start my computer?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 01:12 AM PST

    Long story short I bought a motherboard with 3 pcie slots but didn't realize how big the gpus were and premptively bought three and didn't feel like returning the third gpu. I bought one of those riser cables and mounted it on this thing and I'm just wondering can the baseboard of this riser short causing the gpu to short as well since this is obviously placed on metal. https://imgur.com/a/wX1Ks

    I feels pretty stable like it would take quite an earthquake to make it fall backwards but it could fall forward causing the fans to hit the metal. Idk, let me know what you think and if I'm retarded please let me know.

    submitted by /u/throwawaye98r5
    [link] [comments]

    PCIe x1 slot not recognizing GPU

    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 12:05 AM PST

    Hello guys, i have a little problem : I bought in may 2017 a B250 PC MATE from MSI with 2 480 4gb I put both of them on x16 port with riser for the temp and everything was cool ! But the problems started yesterday when i bought a 570 on blackfriday to add it on my RIG. I decided to put the card like this : 1 480 slot 0 x16 1 480 slot 1 x1 1 570 slot 2 x1 Since this windows don't detect all the card on x1 slot, even if I install and patch my driver BUT when I launch DDU it recognize 3 GPu but both on x1 slot are "Microsoft video card" I tried everything, change the PCIe to Gen 1, with bandwitch at 96, enable 4G make windows never show up on screen, changing riser ect

    So do you think it's a MB problem or I just forget something obvious ?

    Thx for any help you can gave !

    (sorry for english mistake not a native speaker)

    submitted by /u/Zeiko-Fr
    [link] [comments]

    Cyber Monday block?? 16.99 RX480 cad

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 11:23 PM PST

    Any big difference between these 2 GTX 1070's?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 10:21 PM PST

    Hello everyone,

    New to this sub and mining in general. Have done quite a bit of reading today, but have question about 2 GTX1070's. Is there a big difference between these 2 when it comes to mining:

    EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING Black Edition (08G-P4-5173-KR) zotac geforce gtx 1070 amp core edition (ZT-P10700N-10P)

    Which one should I go for if price is within $15 between the 2? Thanks very much for your help, and look forward to learning more.

    submitted by /u/cvrle1
    [link] [comments]

    More than 8 1070 on one board Using Windows

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 10:03 PM PST

    Hi guys, I recently bought 4 Biostar TB250 Btc pro motherboards (12 PCIE) I was planning on making 12 Gpu's rig (all 1070's), But I can only get 8 detected by windows.... Anyone knows the fix? Some people managed to get more than 8 but I can't

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Scryptk
    [link] [comments]

    Water cooled GPUs worth it?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 05:07 PM PST

    I'm currently planning on building a GPU rig and would like to use NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti graphics cards. I've come across these which are liquid cooled, just wondering if anyone has used one or something like this and is it worth it? GTX 1080Ti liquid cooled

    submitted by /u/stewil
    [link] [comments]

    Which Company Offers Best RMA/Warranties? (GPU)

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 04:40 PM PST

    Title.

    submitted by /u/Pray_
    [link] [comments]

    Not made for ETH but still, 41 Mh/s with 160 Watts on EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 Elite seems a decent result?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 01:55 PM PST

    msi 1070 duke oc vs zotac 1070 mini

    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 10:01 AM PST

    I can get both of them for about the same price, I'm leaning towards the duke because of it's much better cooling but since it's only available in Asia I haven't been able to find any reviews on it and would love to find someone who has tried them.

    https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1070-DUKE-8G-OC.html

    https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gtx-1070-mini-0

    submitted by /u/mos1380n
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment