• Breaking News

    Monday, January 31, 2022

    GPU Mining Why do my memory look wet/moist?

    GPU Mining Why do my memory look wet/moist?


    Why do my memory look wet/moist?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 11:08 AM PST

    Can Rigs or computers be in the garage mining in sub 0 temps for weeks?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 08:26 PM PST

    The northeast is having super cold below freezing temperature . Lets say below 32 degrees for 1-2 weeks.
    Would this be a good idea to keep a rig or pc there mining? Lets say a heavy vram card such as rtx3080 ?

    Just thoughts, and wanted some inputs .. I don't think I would keep it in such low temp myself.

    submitted by /u/Efficient_Working236
    [link] [comments]

    Newegg shuffle

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 08:20 AM PST

    With the price of crypto going down drastically and hardware becoming readily available, is anyone still doing the shuffle or is that passé?

    submitted by /u/TBet-7759
    [link] [comments]

    How can i automate mining on my gaming PC when idle?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 06:43 AM PST

    I would like to start mining on my personal PC when I'm not using it to make an extra buck but due to my ADHD i do not have the the working memory and responsibility required to always turn it on manually when I'm not using it so i need to find a way to automate it.

    I'm aware that nicehash has great settings for this kind of thing but i already switched to gminer on my mining rig and i have wallets and pool setup and everything so i would prefer to remain on gminer to keep everything within the same eco-system.

    I know that i can setup task scheduler to open the batch file automatically at a certain hour of day so I'm gonna use that to turn it on automatically at night but I'm still concerned about me forgetting to keep the PC on so i also wanted to know if there was anyway to set up the bios to turn the PC automatically?

    Besides mining at night i would also like to have it turn on automatically when the pc is idle but i genuinely don't know how to do this.

    Can you guys help me with this?

    submitted by /u/Tubegamerpro12
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with tripping breakers in house. Advice?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 09:47 PM PST

    Hello friends! Just started getting my rigs up and running, but I'm running into a bit of an issue. Whenever I try to run more than 3 or 4 cards in a room, it's tripping the breaker for that particular room. Have tried in both my room, and a spare unused room we have in the house. Doesn't seem like the house can handle that much pull coming from one outlet.

    Seeing some of the posts on here though, I'm seeing rigs with 30+ cards running from what seems to be one or two outlets in homes or garages. How is this possible? My house was built in the seventies, so its definitely possible the wiring is outdated/too weak, but I'm no electrician. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheOriginalAndrew
    [link] [comments]

    Does the mining pool affect hashrate?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 01:51 PM PST

    I've been mining for some months now, but always on 2miners eth pool and i wanted to try other options.

    On 2miners i had 125 mh/s very stable also for 2 or more weeks, I am currently trying flexpool and i'm only achieving 100 mh/s is that normal? does pool affetc hashrate?

    In my farm i have 2 nvidia carda and 2 amd cards. The hashrate of the 2 amd cards didn't changed but the hashrate of the 2 nvidia drop like 50%.

    any suggestion?

    submitted by /u/GroundbreakingTwo449
    [link] [comments]

    Shipping GPU During Shifting

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 08:38 AM PST

    How do you recommend shipping the GPU? I have a desktop with an RTX-3080. Should I ship the desktop with the GPU connected or should I remove it and take the GPU along with me in flight.

    submitted by /u/OutrageousSir8047
    [link] [comments]

    Not too shabby! 3070ti T-Rex Dagger OC

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 08:38 PM PST

    Just had to move back to windows from HiveOS.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 07:23 PM PST

    I tried everything I could think of but couldn't stop my rig locking up and requiring a hard reset. I'm running ryzen 1700 and nvidia 3000 series cards. Really unfortunate as i liked the simplicity and uptime of HiveOS. It was running fine for 6 months, but about a month ago just kept crashing every 3 - 12 hours. Seems super stable on windows. I even swapped out the motherboard from b350 to a b550 board and it didn't help.

    Anyone else had a problem like this?

    submitted by /u/UrbanSuburbaKnight
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment